Pages:
Author

Topic: It is time to Ban Religion - page 10. (Read 7533 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504
August 30, 2016, 09:56:00 AM
We need to abolish religion, not ban it. There's a difference there. Countries that claim to have banned religion have merely replaced it with the worship of the state. North Korea is a great example of this.

There are groups out there trying to do this.

They are trying to abolish religion in the only way that you can. See to it that all people everywhere die.

When you look at the definition of religion, all people are included whether or not they have a formal religion.

Is that what you really want? The destruction of all people?

Cool

Actually, the most secular countries in the world are the ones that fare the best on both an economical and human rights standpoint.

I can't imagine a country that uses the Bible as the source of its morals/values, we have already had that, Christianity gave us the Dark Ages where the Church banned reading for over a thousand years.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 30, 2016, 09:49:59 AM
We need to abolish religion, not ban it. There's a difference there. Countries that claim to have banned religion have merely replaced it with the worship of the state. North Korea is a great example of this.

There are groups out there trying to do this.

They are trying to abolish religion in the only way that you can. See to it that all people everywhere die.

When you look at the definition of religion, all people are included whether or not they have a formal religion.

Is that what you really want? The destruction of all people?

Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
August 30, 2016, 08:49:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
August 29, 2016, 08:34:59 AM
I think it is time to ban religion on Earth.

Religion brings war, division, ignorance, hate and it holding the progress of our civilization.

I think that you don't understand this issues at all.
Country politic leaders started many wars and conflicts.
So, following your logic, we should ban all countries on the planet earth.
Also, many families started wars and conflicts, so we may ban families as well.
In reality, religion is institution created by man.
Country is also created by man.
Wars and conflicts starts individuals, not countries or religions.
Do you think that anybody ever asked ordinary people, members or citizens of any country or religion, if they agree with the war?

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 29, 2016, 08:03:00 AM

Religion brings war, division, ignorance, hate and it holding the progress of our civilization.

Ban people? You would have to if you banned religion. People are religious beings. Even those who say that they don't have religion, simply have a religion of non-religion.

Religious writings are the source of good moral behavior for people to follow, far more than any secular writings.

If you ban religion, you would also have to ban science, or your banning wouldn't be complete.

Sounds like you want people to become like the picture of primitive pre-history, or maybe become like the unreasoning animals.

Cool
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
August 29, 2016, 07:52:00 AM

Pages:
Jump to: