Pages:
Author

Topic: It is time to Ban Religion - page 8. (Read 7533 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 01, 2016, 06:57:37 PM
But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Bordering on nihilism there. There is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the Cat in the Hat is a false promise either.

The fact that life and this whole universe is impossible with regard to any source we have scientifically found that could explain it, and the fact that all our mankind-created explanations are simply wild stories, the Bible - testifying all the way back to the Beginning - turns out to be the best explanation of our existence that we have.

Cool
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
September 01, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
Richard Dawkins famously said "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further"

We cannot ban religion. But I hope someday it will be abolished; simply because people wont need it
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
September 01, 2016, 05:18:38 PM
A world without religion would be really great , but I think religions may stay forever
in the history even before prophets people created many things to worship , so it's the human nature I guess
all the religions should be replaced with humanity in my opinion
Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
September 01, 2016, 03:16:47 PM
Banned religion? I don't think so. Why would you banned something that makes people to be with God cause they have religion. I know that everyone has it's own opinion about our own religion but not every religion brings what everything you've said about it because in our religion I can't even see that we're gonna bring war, division and so on like everything you said.
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
September 01, 2016, 11:51:51 AM
But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Bordering on nihilism there. There is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the Cat in the Hat is a false promise either.
legendary
September 01, 2016, 11:18:33 AM
The Chinese already did.

No they didn't. They simply replaced it with State religion which is more loosely formed in some areas and more strongly formed in other areas than what is generally thought of as religion.

Cool

This is correct. South East Asian atheism is tricky, because state atheism just seeks to remove all the deities apart from the state itself, which is actually quite worse than what we have in other parts of the world where people practice their religions freely. Ironic isn't it?

So that the State can become the "god" and the high priests (governing officials) get the tax money. At least with Christianity there is the promise of eternal life.

Cool

Read: At least with Christianity you have the same false promises as any other religion. It's ironic you talk about high priests in government positions getting tax money but at the same time, dodging any kind of payment on their own part.

You can guess that if you want. But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Government officials work for their money. So do church officials.

Cool
September 01, 2016, 10:47:55 AM
The Chinese already did.

No they didn't. They simply replaced it with State religion which is more loosely formed in some areas and more strongly formed in other areas than what is generally thought of as religion.

Cool

This is correct. South East Asian atheism is tricky, because state atheism just seeks to remove all the deities apart from the state itself, which is actually quite worse than what we have in other parts of the world where people practice their religions freely. Ironic isn't it?

So that the State can become the "god" and the high priests (governing officials) get the tax money. At least with Christianity there is the promise of eternal life.

Cool

Read: At least with Christianity you have the same false promises as any other religion. It's ironic you talk about high priests in government positions getting tax money but at the same time, dodging any kind of payment on their own part.
legendary
September 01, 2016, 10:44:34 AM
The Chinese already did.

Cool

Cool
September 01, 2016, 04:25:59 AM
The Chinese already did.

Cool

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 01, 2016, 12:03:52 AM
There will always be debate in many ways about the establishment of religion, especially if you have the intention to ban religion and if you have problems with all of that simply take attitude, does not matter with anything.
legendary
August 31, 2016, 10:25:40 PM
The Chinese already did.

Cool
dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
August 31, 2016, 06:25:06 PM
The Chinese already did.
legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
August 31, 2016, 08:41:43 AM
I think it is time to ban religion on Earth.
Religion brings war, division, ignorance, hate and it holding the progress of our civilization.

Religion Church

FTFY
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
August 31, 2016, 08:19:59 AM
I wouldn't ban it. People have the right to be idiots.

Then that right must exist to other sectors as well. If religious people are allowed to spread hatred about atheists (for example, religious nut saying to a non-believer that he will go to hell unless he accepts Jesus Christ as his saviour), then atheists must also have the same right to criticize the religious people and their beliefs.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
August 31, 2016, 07:29:14 AM
Maybe because some of religions are hypocrites. They said they are from god but they dont have solution in societies problem. Only they know is to criticize to the government whose intention is for the good of their country. Bishops are too narrow minded and close minded.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
August 31, 2016, 05:37:28 AM

Religion brings war, division, ignorance, hate and it holding the progress of our civilization.

i completely agree with you. religious stuff must be banned in the whole world because those beliefs are the reasons of all the evil stuff on earth. people must believe in science not believe in so called magical things.
August 31, 2016, 05:10:02 AM

I think it's time to ban breathing. It causes carbon emissions and boosts global warming.

Breathing does not incite violence through irrational fear mongering. Nice try though, troll.

(Also, breathing is practiced by all the humans in the world, religion is not)

Global warming causes droughts and floods which causes hunger and violence.
Breathing causes violence and should be banned.

Fallacy of false cause. Breathing does not cause violence. Organized Abrahamic faiths explicitly dictate, with specific instructions on how to kill infidels/heathen/gentiles/apostates.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
narrowpathnetwork.com
August 31, 2016, 04:28:17 AM

I think it's time to ban breathing. It causes carbon emissions and boosts global warming.

Breathing does not incite violence through irrational fear mongering. Nice try though, troll.

(Also, breathing is practiced by all the humans in the world, religion is not)

Global warming causes droughts and floods which causes hunger and violence.
Breathing causes violence and should be banned.
August 31, 2016, 03:12:00 AM

Why ban religion? It symbolizes ones dignity. It is the source of someone's Mora being. Though there is lot of religion we just need to respect their beliefs for us to be respected too. Politics is the reason of war those in position who wants to conquer the world or ones territory.

If religion is the source of your moral being, then you have a really absurd sense of morality. You're basically saying that if there wasn't the threat of eternal damnation, you would not have a sense of morality. Also, the Bible has a wicked understanding of right and wrong. For instance, selling your daughters into slavery, or stealing virgin children as spoils of war is "right", but touching a mountain or picking up some sticks on Saturday are all "wrong" acts, which will result in you receiving the death penalty.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
August 31, 2016, 12:20:23 AM

Ban people? You would have to if you banned religion. People are religious beings. Even those who say that they don't have religion, simply have a religion of non-religion.

Religious writings are the source of good moral behavior for people to follow, far more than any secular writings.

If you ban religion, you would also have to ban science, or your banning wouldn't be complete.

Sounds like you want people to become like the picture of primitive pre-history, or maybe become like the unreasoning animals.

Cool
I funny that you think that without a religion there can't be morals. I assure you that morals and conscience are not product of religion.
I don't want to be good just because there is promise of heaven. I want to be good because that is the correct thing to do.
Pages:
Jump to: