Pages:
Author

Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!! - page 2. (Read 63493 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 04, 2012, 02:15:17 AM
Here is the info for Renovations Usa, Inc. https://ourcpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=USA%20Renovations%2C%20Inc.%20&Button=search&Search_ID=32039600666

that posting being from trendon in 2009, do we suppose he worked for them? or was working on contract to setup some IT related stuff for them?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 04, 2012, 02:09:09 AM
https://plus.google.com/114229816035692207610/posts

Vegas meeting:

2 IN HIS CIRCLES
> Gary Chevalley

People in Gary's Circles:
...Trendon Shavers...

Activity: 686
Wat
September 04, 2012, 01:55:45 AM

ohhhh... is usaservices not the older trendon shavers from TX?

nice find either way, will check it out..

nice. And funny DFA is just up the road from usaservices. small towns. Cool  Pretty sure its the other trendon, but will check.

Nice.....
September 04, 2012, 01:48:47 AM

ohhhh... is usaservices not the older trendon shavers from TX?

nice find either way, will check it out..

nice. And funny DFA is just up the road from usaservices. small towns. Cool  Pretty sure its the other trendon, but will check.
September 04, 2012, 01:39:52 AM
The Lending Partners was touched on lightly before, but... http://www.whoismind.com/whois/tlpoffice.com.html

How he links there, verified;

His GpuMAX partner Nakaska worked there as stated in his resume.
Trendon and wife used their services to draw up their mortgage for them back in, 06?

Unverified links;

Trendon may have worked there around the same time Nakaska did; Evidenced from him replying to a msg on TLP's Merchnatcircle page
and titling himself as Director. But not stating director of what. the reply email he listed is a default corporate one for TLP's HR/Marketing office.
September 04, 2012, 01:36:37 AM

me too. DO you link to there because of the complaint about leaker water heaters? If so, it would seem that would be before the Stonebridge address...
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Activity: 322
September 04, 2012, 01:18:15 AM
Cool story, except I knew his name, birth date, and city of residence before the his BTCST thread made it past the first page.  Those who didn't know didn't bother to look.

One question.  Have you been paid?  No?  Yeah, I thought not.
legendary
September 04, 2012, 01:14:53 AM
The Lending Partners was touched on lightly before, but... http://www.whoismind.com/whois/tlpoffice.com.html

Registrant:
The Lending Partners
5085 West Park Blvd
Suite 200
Plano, Texas 75093
United States

Domain Name: TLPOFFICE.COM
Created on: 20-Dec-05
Expires on: 20-Dec-12
Last Updated on: 01-Dec-11

Administrative Contact:
Sproat, Betsy ([email protected]) <>
The Lending Partners
5085 West Park Blvd
Suite 200
Plano, Texas 75093
United States
(972) 665-1905

Technical Contact:
Sproat, Betsy ([email protected]) <>
The Lending Partners
5085 West Park Blvd
Suite 200
Plano, Texas 75093
United States
(972) 665-1905

And from there: http://www.whoismind.com/whois/thelendingpartners.info.html

Domain ID:D6322473-LRMS
Domain Name:THELENDINGPARTNERS.INFO
Created On:09-Sep-2004 20:00:36 UTC
Last Updated On:01-Aug-2011 19:11:00 UTC
Expiration Date:09-Sep-2012 20:00:36 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com LLC (R171-LRMS)
Registrant ID:CR4718519
Registrant Name:Betsy Sproat
Registrant Organization:Lending Partners
Registrant Street1:5085 W. Park Blvd. #200
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Plano
Registrant State/Province:TX
Registrant Postal Code:75093
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9726651900
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:  ([email protected])  <>
Admin ID:CR4718523
Admin Name:Betsy Sproat
Admin Organization:Lending Partners
Admin Street1:5085 W. Park Blvd. #200
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Plano
Admin State/Province:TX
Admin Postal Code:75093
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.9726651900
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:  ([email protected])  <>
Billing ID:CR4718525
Billing Name:Betsy Sproat
Billing Organization:Lending Partners
Billing Street1:5085 W. Park Blvd. #200
Billing Street2:
Billing Street3:
Billing City:Plano
Billing State/Province:TX
Billing Postal Code:75093
Billing Country:US
Billing Phone:+1.9726651900
Billing Phone Ext.:
Billing FAX:
Billing FAX Ext.:
Billing Email: ([email protected])  <>
Tech ID:CR4718521
Tech Name:Betsy Sproat
Tech Organization:Lending Partners
Tech Street1:5085 W. Park Blvd. #200
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Plano
Tech State/Province:TX
Tech Postal Code:75093
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.9726651900
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email: ([email protected])  <>
Name Server:NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 04, 2012, 12:18:39 AM
I think trusted community people who let someone hide behind them and enabled these scams should be ashamed of themselves.

They can always claim ignorance, though. However stupid that may make them.

However, I wouldn't believe anyone that said they thought there wasn't a *huge* risk sending an anonymous person anonymous payments who is promising such a high interest rate.

Trendon Shavers isnt anonymous. Neither was Jonathan Ryan Owens and he recently stole thousands of bitcoins while hiding behind other community members to make himself look legit. This is why we cant have nice things.

Pirate may not be so anonymous now, but his name wasn't discovered until recently. For most of the fund's existence, it wasn't known (to my knowledge).

Cool story, except I knew his name, birth date, and city of residence before the his BTCST thread made it past the first page.  Those who didn't know didn't bother to look.
legendary
September 04, 2012, 12:15:32 AM

Pirate may not be so anonymous now, but his name wasn't discovered until recently. For most of the fund's existence, it wasn't known (to my knowledge).

People were identifying him as Trendon Shavers and posting about his connections to other businesses and his arrest warrant at least as far back as May.

I'm not good at this, but here are two pics that TShavers sent to WFAA: http://www.wfaa.com/younews?profile=tshavers&c=y

Perhaps somebody(s) here can glean info from the meta (or is it mega) data tags of the images. Maybe even some GPS data that I know some cameras capture.

~Bruno~
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2012, 11:55:14 PM

People were identifying him as Trendon Shavers and posting about his connections to other businesses and his arrest warrant at least as far back as May.
September 03, 2012, 11:46:39 PM
I think trusted community people who let someone hide behind them and enabled these scams should be ashamed of themselves.

However, I wouldn't believe anyone that said they thought there wasn't a *huge* risk sending an anonymous person anonymous payments who is promising such a high interest rate.

Trendon Shavers isnt anonymous. Neither was Jonathan Ryan Owens and he recently stole thousands of bitcoins while hiding behind other community members to make himself look legit. This is why we cant have nice things.

Wat
September 03, 2012, 11:08:07 PM

September 03, 2012, 11:00:09 PM

Wat
September 03, 2012, 10:35:59 PM
legendary
September 03, 2012, 06:39:32 PM
Instead of worrying about how to go after people like pirate, how about worrying about how stupid people are to fall for such a thing in the first place?

If you give your money to someone you never met, who won't even tell you how he is investing it, but claims unrealistic returns, than frankly, you deserve to lose your money.
+1 This post pretty much sums up the solution to the whole pirate drama.

Not sure how you get around the "give your money to someone you never met" part though in the 99% of internet transactions where BTC is actually useful?  If you can trust a web vendor to sell you a TV in BTC, you should be able to trust a banker (pirate) who has a network of other bankers (goat, giga, patrick, hashking, etc) using their services, not to mention the tons of representative "assets" on the main BTC exchange GLBSE.  The pro-pirate posts on the forums outnumbered the con posts 10 to 1, and the cons were always ripped apart.  This was not simply "give your money to someone you never met" in the general sense.  Everyone trusted pirate because the long-time high post count "bankers" here that should have been "in the know" did.

I don't think you can call the general population stupid on this one.  I think that designation should be reserved for the pros that should have known better.  Many of which will come out ahead, despite the default.

Err... for me, personally, trust takes years to earn. I still refuse to use any online wallet or exchange. I don't trust anyone on these forums and probably never will.

On the other hand, I've done lots of business over the years with newegg.com, and if they started accepting Bitcoins today, I would happily make a purchase.

So, two scenarios (that I can think of) will result in trusted Bitcoin businesses. Either already trusted businesses will start accepting Bitcoin, or new Bitcoin businesses will have to build trust over the years, proving they are reliable. The second one is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario, but there are obviously far more trusting people than me willing to be the guinea pigs! 

On the internet, most nobody knows me from Adam, whereas in Sandwich, Illinois, most people know me or, at the very least, of me. That said, when I started the ball rollin' for Bitcoin100, I could have easily taken control of the funds, but thoutht it important to remove myself as the keeper-of-the-coins. I probably could use the klout I've built up to date, albeit a light shade of orange, and build some kind of scheming site, but can't, because I probably would be able to be found wherever I go if hiding is part of the business plan. These guys coming here and doing the scamming seem to have been building their fake social networks for over a year now, some for the sole purpose of duping Bitcoiners, and others for what ever the next big thing is, and Bitcoin just happened to fit the bill. Those same scammers are probably still building social network connections for later use, whether they'll involved Bitcoin or not.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
September 03, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
Instead of worrying about how to go after people like pirate, how about worrying about how stupid people are to fall for such a thing in the first place?

If you give your money to someone you never met, who won't even tell you how he is investing it, but claims unrealistic returns, than frankly, you deserve to lose your money.
+1 This post pretty much sums up the solution to the whole pirate drama.
+1
Pages:
Jump to: