Pages:
Author

Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!! - page 4. (Read 63493 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 02, 2012, 06:31:38 PM
Yes, after looking more closely into the article, Wesley Snipes was a bad example. But nonetheless, tax evasion is a real thing, which you can go to jail for. I don't think they would go so far as to get every single user for tax evasion, but I'd wager there would be fines, and some big players certainly would go up the river.

But yes, back on track. Pirate's an asshole, and he needs to pay up, or at least let us know his lawyer's contact info. In his shoes, that's the only thing I would be saying: "You can reach my lawyer at:...."

My point was more that very few involved have been earning anything with BTC long enough to be liable for tax evasion...  Yes, it is a given that if one were to take legal action that would involve them disclosing their BTC earnings then they would not be wise to then leave those earnings out of their next tax filing.

But yes, back on track. Pirate's an asshole, and he needs to pay up, or at least let us know his lawyer's contact info. In his shoes, that's the only thing I would be saying: "You can reach my lawyer at:...."
That he does not leads me to believe he still does not have one. Or atleast does not have one that he is a client to in a legal sense in this matter.

Still no banruptcy filings coming out of TX that appear to be related, as of Fri morning when I last checked..
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
September 02, 2012, 06:24:05 PM
Yes, after looking more closely into the article, Wesley Snipes was a bad example. But nonetheless, tax evasion is a real thing, which you can go to jail for. I don't think they would go so far as to get every single user for tax evasion, but I'd wager there would be fines, and some big players certainly would go up the river.

Activity: 504
September 02, 2012, 03:45:32 PM
There is a MASSIVE difference between this;
"On October 12, 2006, Wesley Snipes, Eddie Ray Kahn, and Douglas P. Rosile were charged with one count of conspiring to defraud the United States under 18 U.S.C. § 371 and one count of knowingly making or aiding and abetting the making of a false and fraudulent claim for payment against the United States, under 18 U.S.C. § 287 and 18 U.S.C. § 2. Snipes was also charged with six counts of willfully failing to file federal income tax returns by their filing dates under 26 U.S.C. § 7203.[15] The conspiracy charge against Snipes included allegations that he filed a false amended return, including a false tax refund claim of over US$4 million for the year 1996, and a false amended return, including a false tax refund claim of over US$7.3 million for the year 1997. The government alleged that Snipes attempted to obtain fraudulent tax refunds using a tax protester theory called the "861 argument" (essentially, an argument that the domestic income of U.S. citizens and residents is not taxable). The indictment said Snipes used accountants who already had a history of filing false returns to obtain refund payments for their clients.[16] The government also charged that Snipes sent three worthless, fictitious "bills of exchange" to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the amounts of $1,000,000 (on November 30, 2000), $12,000,000 (January 18, 2001), and $1,000,000 (September 10, 2002), each accompanied by an IRS tax payment voucher coupon.[17]"

and

Filing late returns with capital gains invloved...

Take it from someone who files a fair number of corporate tax returns every year. Every year I've got clients that wait until the very last minute in Nov. to have their previous year taxes filed.. And some that have not filed in years. I've got one now that has not filed since 2003. It does present some issues, but nothing that would prevent them from taking any sort of legal action. And especially would not prevent them from taking legal action that would 'prove' earnings on any recent investments....

How long have bitcoins been earning capital gains for any of the beneficiaries of BS&T that would be looking to file suit?? yeaa.

can we get back on track?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 02, 2012, 03:33:51 PM
Well, actually, in my country you have access to internet and computers in jail.
Even in your own cell if in not missinformed (which i might be since i never had the "opportunity"
to view it first hand).

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 02, 2012, 05:38:14 AM
But you post about it on the open internet....

If investigated, or if you piss someone off you can get into trouble.

I'm used to piss the gubermint since a long time ago.
I'm also used to defend myself from their powertrips. or do you think we have internet on jail? lol
September 02, 2012, 05:30:20 AM
I dont tell the government about my silver collection either  Cheesy

Well, true, and believe me, I don't disapprove of you withholding that info, or that about your Bitcoins. But I think calling in the Law is the wost possible thing we can do for this Pirate thing. I mean, eventually, Bitcoin is going to come to their attention as a threat to their financial system, but do we really need to hasten that day?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 02, 2012, 05:27:38 AM
But you post about it on the open internet....

If investigated, or if you piss someone off you can get into trouble.

Activity: 686
Wat
September 02, 2012, 05:22:25 AM
uh? AFAIK owing tax money isn't an offense punished with jail time on my country. And the IRS doesn't have any jurisdiction here.

The fuck is he doing in jail, then? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Snipes#Federal_tax_convictions

(And yes, the US IRS has no jurisdiction outside of the US, unless you're a US citizen, but other countries have revenue services)

I originally bought coins with after tax income.

Have they gained in value? Have you paid taxes on that increase? Trust me, they'll find a way to fuck you, if they want to.

But I'm not a US citizen. and repeating myself: owing tax money would not send me to jail on my country, so, please do report me to the IRS...
Furthermore, why are you ASSuming I owe any taxes at all from my bitcoin holdings?
Sorry, man, I just now see that you said "[in] my country" I thought you said "in any country"... My bad.

And I'm not, but they will, I assure you.

I dont tell the government about my silver collection either  Cheesy
September 02, 2012, 05:12:10 AM
uh? AFAIK owing tax money isn't an offense punished with jail time on my country. And the IRS doesn't have any jurisdiction here.

The fuck is he doing in jail, then? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Snipes#Federal_tax_convictions

(And yes, the US IRS has no jurisdiction outside of the US, unless you're a US citizen, but other countries have revenue services)

Have they gained in value? Have you paid taxes on that increase? Trust me, they'll find a way to fuck you, if they want to.

But I'm not a US citizen. and repeating myself: owing tax money would not send me to jail on my country, so, please do report me to the IRS...
Furthermore, why are you ASSuming I owe any taxes at all from my bitcoin holdings?
Sorry, man, I just now see that you said "[in] my country" I thought you said "in any country"... My bad.

And I'm not, but they will, I assure you.
legendary
September 02, 2012, 05:08:04 AM

Wat
September 02, 2012, 05:05:18 AM

September 02, 2012, 04:58:48 AM

Wat
September 02, 2012, 04:55:36 AM
Nothing  has happened to any bitcoin scammers except them laughing at how easy it is to steal coins. Show me one person in jail as a result of a bitcoin scam.

Get the FBI/IRS involved in this, and I'll show you hundreds.

The trouble is half of the scammers targets would be in jail with them  Smiley

Which is my point. How many people here pay taxes on their BTC? Convince the IRS that it's money, and you're going to have a bad day.

The IRS doesnt have a bitcoin address  Tongue
Activity: 501
September 02, 2012, 04:55:05 AM
Nothing  has happened to any bitcoin scammers except them laughing at how easy it is to steal coins. Show me one person in jail as a result of a bitcoin scam.

Which is my point. How many people here pay taxes on their BTC? Convince the IRS that it's money, and you're going to have a bad day.

I for one intend to pay my capital gains taxes on my BTC holdings if they eventually turn out to be worth something and I'm cashing them out.
legendary
September 02, 2012, 04:54:24 AM

September 02, 2012, 04:49:55 AM

Wat
September 02, 2012, 04:43:59 AM

September 02, 2012, 04:38:21 AM

Wat
September 02, 2012, 04:05:30 AM
pirate40 default & Bitcoinica scam proved one thing.
that thing actually helps Bitcoin a lot.

In both scam, they can cleverly took a lot of bitcoiners money, but they cant able to hide.
The scamers are found out in less than 10 days, which normally wont happen in REAL world.

This proves the power of Bitcoin.
You can run, but you can't hide.

The information posted about both the Bitcoinica guys and pirate was known long before anything ever went wrong.  People have been posting about pirate's identity and his connections to other businesses for months and the identity of the Intersango guys was never a secret.

Mail addresses and phone numbers mean nothing - in fact they can be used to convince people you're still in a particular location after you're long gone.  Even real physical addresses mean nothing, people can (and do) disappear overnight all the time over much smaller debts than are involved here.  How traceable people are depends on how much they really want to avoid being found and how well they've planned in advance.

This has nothing to do with "the power of Bitcoin".  Playing internet detective and doxxing people is a favourite hobby of many online communities.
What you said is correct.
But it also means that scams cant be done easily in Bitcoin.
In real life you can even change your DNA to hide yourself.
But, if some one, wants to run a HYIP then they cant do it easily in Bitcoin.
Either he must be most advanced scammer/hacker to fool every single person in Bitcoin or get caught easily.
Any way this gives power to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin & this forum, makes Bitcoin scam proof for multi million dollar HYIP & businesses.

legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
September 01, 2012, 04:45:29 AM
pirate40 default & Bitcoinica scam proved one thing.
that thing actually helps Bitcoin a lot.

In both scam, they can cleverly took a lot of bitcoiners money, but they cant able to hide.
The scamers are found out in less than 10 days, which normally wont happen in REAL world.

This proves the power of Bitcoin.
You can run, but you can't hide.

The information posted about both the Bitcoinica guys and pirate was known long before anything ever went wrong.  People have been posting about pirate's identity and his connections to other businesses for months and the identity of the Intersango guys was never a secret.

Mail addresses and phone numbers mean nothing - in fact they can be used to convince people you're still in a particular location after you're long gone.  Even real physical addresses mean nothing, people can (and do) disappear overnight all the time over much smaller debts than are involved here.  How traceable people are depends on how much they really want to avoid being found and how well they've planned in advance.

This has nothing to do with "the power of Bitcoin".  Playing internet detective and doxxing people is a favourite hobby of many online communities.
What you said is correct.
But it also means that scams cant be done easily in Bitcoin.
In real life you can even change your DNA to hide yourself.
But, if some one, wants to run a HYIP then they cant do it easily in Bitcoin.
Either he must be most advanced scammer/hacker to fool every single person in Bitcoin or get caught easily.
Any way this gives power to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin & this forum, makes Bitcoin scam proof for multi million dollar HYIP & businesses.
Pages:
Jump to: