Pages:
Author

Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away. - page 3. (Read 2358 times)

copper member
Activity: 103
Merit: 7
February 11, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

Comparison to Paul Newman?! Someone is revealing their age  Wink

I used to go into L'Auberge coffee bar in Richmond with the Rolling Stones before they became famous. Smiley

I have no reason to not believe you - that is amazing. I watched them on their 40 Licks Tour and listening to 30k+ people hum during Paint It Black was an unbelievable experience.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 11, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
Well I've managed to give away 6 sMerit since I started this thread ( big deal Smiley ).

and I found some interesting posts as well.
I participate in the bawning of the compilation on the subscription, I write only strictly on the topic and I do not check anything superfluous with all the information, 70 activity but the rank of the youngest member because of the insufficient number of myerits can not go to the next rank and lead the subscription from the member (((and this is just another payment and the level of trust in my posts.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
February 11, 2018, 03:14:09 PM

I used to go into L'Auberge coffee bar in Richmond with the Rolling Stones before they became famous. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 103
Merit: 7
February 11, 2018, 03:08:37 PM
Life is unfair I'm afraid. Paul Newman was born better looking than me, I'm more like Alfred E Newman - well maybe a bit older, but I can cope with that, and I try to make the most of it. If you start to drop the merit requirements, where do you stop? You'll end up with a 5 point requirement to become a legendary. The real question is - why do members want to increase their ranking? In most cases it seems to be a desire to earn more from sig spamming.

Activity: 28
Merit: 1
February 11, 2018, 03:06:24 PM
I do not spam and still did not get any merits. I am wondering what kind of construtive posts we need to make to earn these merits. I have already red a lots of complains about this.
legendary
February 11, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Life is unfair I'm afraid. Paul Newman was born better looking than me, I'm more like Alfred E Newman - well maybe a bit older, but I can cope with that, and I try to make the most of it. If you start to drop the merit requirements, where do you stop? You'll end up with a 5 point requirement to become a legendary. The real question is - why do members want to increase their ranking? In most cases it seems to be a desire to earn more from sig spamming.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
February 11, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.
Of course Newbies and Jr. Member are the most weak ranks here after new requirements, but do not forget about those ranks which stayed kinda on boarder, let's take myself as an example, it stayed just 2 activity points to the next rank to me, but by new rules I will not be able to raise to Sr. Member till I will not fill enough Merit points, just for the record, I need 147 more. With my current temp of getting Merits it will take months and maybe a whole year.
You're a good man. But better to focus on newbie and jr.member to give some merit that are trying their best to post quality. For me I don't mind merit because my rank for now can join other campaign or what so over. Also Im giving other member here a merit but only for 2 points per week only. So good luck. Keep it up and help the others.
I can understand both of previous guys. The first one needs 147 merits more to raise up and just 2 points of activity which he will get in couple of days. I think that for such cases as his moderators should create something special, like if full member needs 100 and sr.member 250, for users who are on the edge between two ranks, they could make 175 merits as the base.
The second one is also right about new users, they are really the most weak persons here, but the number of merits which will allow them to move on another level and start to earn, as you say is just 10, and that is not so much indeed. Such target is going to be one of the easiest.
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
February 11, 2018, 01:03:11 PM

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.
Of course Newbies and Jr. Member are the most weak ranks here after new requirements, but do not forget about those ranks which stayed kinda on boarder, let's take myself as an example, it stayed just 2 activity points to the next rank to me, but by new rules I will not be able to raise to Sr. Member till I will not fill enough Merit points, just for the record, I need 147 more. With my current temp of getting Merits it will take months and maybe a whole year.
You're a good man. But better to focus on newbie and jr.member to give some merit that are trying their best to post quality. For me I don't mind merit because my rank for now can join other campaign or what so over. Also Im giving other member here a merit but only for 2 points per week only. So good luck. Keep it up and help the others.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
February 11, 2018, 11:32:48 AM

Activity: 170
Merit: 10
IceChain is offering a decentralized and fast serv
February 11, 2018, 11:16:45 AM
Your initiative is great
because with what you do can give motivation to a newbie to try to further develop in this forum
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
February 11, 2018, 06:40:24 AM
Sunday's update.
~snip~

Finally I see something different from merit issues for a while or I just don't look around.

I also encourage you to maybe look carefully to Jr.Member post if they are contributing helpful post.
As they only need 5 merit to rank Member.  Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
February 11, 2018, 06:11:38 AM
Thank you for doing this, you are a good person!

If there are more people like you here, I'm sure a lot of beginners will be very grateful to you.

It is very difficult for beginners to get sMerit because they need to study hard!

You give them sMerit, they will learn very diligently!
legendary
February 11, 2018, 05:25:03 AM
Sunday's update.

I'm glad I went on a spree awarding my sMerit. It took me through  lot of the boards here that I hadn't visited. The best one, and the one I wish I had found earlier is the Speculation sub-board. There are some knowledgeable posters there, and they areeven articulate. Smiley The graphic images that are embedded in some posts are clear and useful, and show that used correctly, images can enhance the value of an information post. At the moment, it isn't overrun with spam threads, so kudos to the mod for that board. The board is useful to me even though I am a long term investor ( sometimes called a HODLer ). Choosing the correct time to acquire Bitcoin can double your holding in these volatile times.

I've completely abandoned the Frog Pond, and I don't even bother to open the index. The beginners board can throw up some interesting threads, but there seem to be a lot of threads that ought to be on other boards such as the Alts, Mining and Meta. I've reduced the number of visits to Serious discussion - I had high hopes for these boards, but they seem to be moving in the direction ofthe |Frog Pond, and ignored by most of the "serious" members. I've given up on attempting to discuss crypto domain names - they seem to be ignored, or attract adverse comments. It is a major industry, and thereis a lot of support for bitcoin amongst investors. Prices seem to be increasing as well, so I am surprised that it doesn't attract  any interest here. Fortunately there are a lot of domaining forums around, but it would be nice to have some intelligent discussions about this important virtual asset here on Bitcoin Talk.

I've still got 30+ sMerit to award, so I'll have another look around today and see if I can find some deserving posts. Please don't spam me, or ask me to look at your posts, as I only award merits to posts that I like, and I don't seem to have the same standards of approval as many other members. Smiley
legendary
February 08, 2018, 12:10:08 PM
I don't run a merit soup kitchen I'm afraid, so I don't look at posts by request, sorry.
Activity: 1035
Merit: 200
February 08, 2018, 11:52:46 AM
Hi Jet Cash.
I was just surfing the threads and saw your thread about rewarding Merits to deserving posts. As you and all of us have already seen the value of Merits already, I want to get as more of them as I can, and I won't leave a chance for doing that.
So, I won't ask you to give me Merits for no reason because I need them, because I don't, but I just want you to have a look at my posts from my profile and see if you find something worthy. And, don't tell anyone if you find nothing there.  Grin That was a joke, of course.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
February 08, 2018, 11:18:26 AM
Pendapat anda benar pak,tetapi kurang bijaksana. Karena post yang yang bagus itu sifatnya mendidik untuk kemajuan forum ini agar tetap exis Dan pemberian smerit bukan ajang perlombaan. Terima kasih
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
February 08, 2018, 06:44:05 AM
legendary
February 08, 2018, 06:31:26 AM
I gave this guy a merit  for a nice introductory thread -
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-member-introduction-2891967

What a shame that it has sunk to page 3. There was a time when new members were  welcomed, and their intro threads we not sucked into the swamp.
legendary
February 08, 2018, 06:17:40 AM
Don't worry, I've been in trouble all my life for speaking my mind, and for being politically incorrect. Smiley
Activity: 94
Merit: 4
February 08, 2018, 06:15:11 AM

Thanks Jet Cash. The merit was much appreciated. I'm hoping that this simple message of mine would not make others think that I am a shitposter as there is no reason to be like that.  Smiley

I think you got me into trouble for awarding that point, but then what's new? I seem to be at variance with a lot of people about merits. In fact I'm starting to wonder if there should be an opt out choice. It would mean that you couldn't increase rank, but it would free you from all the bad feeling and abuse that is creeping into the merit system.
If my simple word of honesty doesn't deserve for one merit by your act of goodness just to incourage the new comers then how much more the other got 50 merit from a nonsense post, this kind of post is more unworthy than mine. And if my post brings you trouble because some are questioning your goodness act, then merit is a big burden to a worthy person and to the good members in this community. But I don't think merit is a burden, it only goes like that because some are corrupt existing in this place misusing the merit. 

As far as what I understand for merit it is intentionally implemented to create a better community for the future that all new bitconers will become worthy for having a higher rank. I said this because merit is incouraging a person to create a quality post and this would stop the spammers and farming accounts. Meaning to say many of bitcoiners now that have a higher rank are considered as spammers and their quality is questionable even their merit. I also said this because I saw someone here demoted to Jr member from full member and his posts really bad. 

And now I'm hoping that this will saves you from trouble. Thanks once again.
Pages:
Jump to: