Pages:
Author

Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away. - page 6. (Read 2324 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 08:28:31 AM
can you give merit for my post ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29449238

I don't think you will ever receive merit through beg.

Also this is an example to a new type of spam
Yes, this is also a type of spam i think. why beg? if your post is good enough for the people who have sMerit then they will give you. i think having merit system is good to reduce the toxic here in the bitcoin forum in my opinion of course and also, patience and giving good quality post that will benefit the thread is the key here. patience in waiting for the merit to come. it might be hard of course because of the users abusing merit but i still believe that making quality post is the key for you to gain merit. not by begging.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
February 02, 2018, 08:20:31 AM
From what I have been seeing lately will get much harder for ranking up, especially in low ranks!

I have been seeing a lot of merit given to Hero/Legendary, but not that much to Jr. and Members, because people tend to give to the persons they easily recognize!
And sometimes it's not only by name, but a mix of factors to recognize a person... Subconsciously it's easier to recognize a person with an avatar and colorful signature.

I'm doing what is supposed to do... When I see a post that consider good, or someone give me helpful information’s I give some merit, but I don't see many people doing the same.

And start seeing some begging like: "If this post was helpful to you give me some merit"

I know it's hard to change people mentality... And some don't give a crap in rewarding others.
We need some motivation for people to give merit to the ones who deserve it!

Just giving my two cents....
Activity: 154
February 02, 2018, 08:08:44 AM

I don't think you will ever receive merit through beg.

Also this is an example to a new type of spam
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
February 02, 2018, 08:02:02 AM
February 02, 2018, 07:33:23 AM
Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.

Why do you think the merit system will destroy the community? I may not want to give points to someone with whom I disagree, but this is a very diverse community, so if you can't find someone to agree with you, then the opinion probably doesn't have a place in this forum.

An example is Tman. I don't agree with some of his opinions and ideas, but I respect his right to have those opinions, and I respect him for following his own standards of morality. I think I've even awarded him some points. Smiley

Don't you think it's possible that someone, seeing that one gives merit, write something that might please him instead of writing what he really thinks?
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
February 02, 2018, 07:13:31 AM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

Exactly. people only come here just to earn and not to give. They dont give a shit about this new merrit system and they only care about bounties and signature campaigns.

They Don't care shot about given smerit but each one them and us wants other people gives us merit so we may rank up and up.
we need to do something about not giving smerit thing.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
February 02, 2018, 06:11:50 AM
Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.

Why do you think the merit system will destroy the community? I may not want to give points to someone with whom I disagree, but this is a very diverse community, so if you can't find someone to agree with you, then the opinion probably doesn't have a place in this forum.

An example is Tman. I don't agree with some of his opinions and ideas, but I respect his right to have those opinions, and I respect him for following his own standards of morality. I think I've even awarded him some points. Smiley

Thanks fella, probably because I am a bit of a cunt.. but I do speak the truth in there somewhere!
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
February 02, 2018, 06:04:03 AM

legendary
February 02, 2018, 05:49:59 AM

nope not at all. It destroys the chance of 3rd world account farmers leveling up accounts, once all those accounts stop trying then there will be less shitposts for everyone to trawl through. Less posts = More merits.. Even the likes of Lauda will be handing  out to unknowns then as they will see quality posts and will reward them, Just wait and see..
Activity: 40
Merit: 3
February 02, 2018, 05:48:48 AM
The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

Members do not realize that even those campaigns and bounty programs will leave this forum if they do not see good returns. At such, we should do our best to contribute to the merit system (by giving merits to quality posts) for improvement of this forum.
February 02, 2018, 05:47:04 AM
legendary
February 02, 2018, 05:43:29 AM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

Some people have embraced the system, some of us have even gone out of our way to start threads like this, but quality threads for the lower ranks are few and far between. I am pretty sure that over the next few months I will end up helping to Level UP SR and Hero members more than the lower ranks.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
February 02, 2018, 05:39:47 AM

Exactly. people only come here just to earn and not to give. They dont give a shit about this new merrit system and they only care about bounties and signature campaigns.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
February 02, 2018, 05:35:05 AM

legendary
February 02, 2018, 05:21:36 AM

Activity: 252
Merit: 11
February 02, 2018, 05:03:11 AM
For newbie and not high ranks, this is a very big problem, for those who have been moving around here for a long time and understand well in the crypto currency, it will not be difficult to collect merit, but for those who are just starting, it's like a noose around your neck, waiting for someone likes your constructive message, now develop account has become much more difficult and longer. It's  not fair Tongue
Activity: 210
February 02, 2018, 04:16:44 AM
The institutionalization system by Merit, for newbie and jr, is obstructive grow, as an newbie come to this forum is for study more, can not write an high technical article or post(unless plagiarism). But for this new Merit system how can i understand there is a source for real beginning to stronger?  We can find it is have effect on spam, but it is also headache for newbie and jr. how can we got the merit?  beg or how to write some good quality post? who care's? so i even just come to here to see some post and do not write anything now, and even reduce to come here. So for an good institutionalization system i think is not to stop the newbie on it way
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
February 02, 2018, 03:52:02 AM
Already we can see a lot of members with the required activity but not enough merit - and some of them are good posters.

That isn't a fault of the merit system, but the fault of members who don't want to act and help to rebuild the forum into a worthwhile asset for Bitcoin and the Bitcoin community.

Activity: 770
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 03:40:56 AM
When everyone complains, do we also have to complain. I think just enjoy what has become our ability. Maybe one moment people will appreciate us.

When we consider the post we created is the best post we ever made, because it must search for so many sources, but not one person respects us, take the positive. What we do is knowledge for ourselves.

Like the philosophy contained in Bitcoin, He is valuable because people think of him as valuable. It is precious because it makes it worthwhile.
legendary
February 01, 2018, 01:24:19 PM
Having a wallet full of sMerit is a bit of a responsibilty. I seem to have reduced it  bit, so I'm a bit more relaxed this afternoon. Hopefully this will give me the chance to research the current problems of running a node under Windows 10.
Pages:
Jump to: