Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 166. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 05:33:24 PM
I have never lied on here nor have I ever tried to ever pump IXC.
one thing I have NEVER see vlad do (even among the nuggets humiliation) is lie. It just does not seem plausible that he would intentionally lie to fulfill his needs.

Well he has just lied saying "nor have I ever tried to ever pump IXC"

Re-read this and other threads where he admitted pumping IXC to 49k satoshi...so get your facts straight...

Wake up.

I spent 8 BTC to take IXC to 49,800.

Read it again, I did it to prove a theory and told people ahead of time.  Nobody lost money on that spike and I lost money, not make any.

Maybe you don't understand what a pump is.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 05:32:12 PM
Announcement:
Jeffery Smith, the CIO of CEX.io (Ghash.io), the biggest mining pool on earth, has accepted my offer for a seat on the iXcoin Foundation Board.
I expect further future developments with CEX.io and any future developments will be announced accordingly.

Proof?

Always ask for proof.

That said, I could post Jeffery's acceptance email but I would have to edit it for sensitive information which would then look like an altered document.

Therefore, Jeffery will post himself to confirm but he's a busy guy so it could take a few days.

I can vouch for Vlad on this. I have always taken an interest in Vlad's way of going about things, and amongst a lot of chaos, one thing I have NEVER see vlad do (even among the nuggets humiliation) is lie. It just does not seem plausible that he would intentionally lie to fulfill his needs. I am sure if you message the persons in question for proof they would give you it, but I honestly see no need for Vlad to explain himself or show proof Smiley This is from an unbiased view.

Thanks for vouching for me.

But I agree that people should ask for proof.  The truth is easy to prove.

We are in a new industry full of scammers and a lot of people are losing a lot of money cause of it.

I could have pre-pumped this a lot but I did not.  I slowly told people something good was coming and I clarified that it wouldn't cause a spike in the price even though it's a big deal for IXC.

I could have easily made this thing sound earth shattering [which for iXcoin it is] just to pump the price, but that's not how I do.  I believe in the long term potential of IXC so I don't feel the need for unfounded sensationalism.

But worry not, I understand the need for good press and if that time ever comes I will know how to properly pump iXcoin, but only if it's based on merit.

Evidence is forthcoming.  
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 18, 2014, 05:31:59 PM
one thing I have NEVER see vlad do (even among the nuggets humiliation) is lie. It just does not seem plausible that he would intentionally lie to fulfill his needs.

Well he has just lied saying "nor have I ever tried to ever pump IXC"

Re-read this and other threads where he admitted pumping IXC to ~49k satoshi...so get your facts straight...
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
May 18, 2014, 05:20:44 PM
jamaer,

I don't recall anyone mentioning this about XCP from the CP wiki.

"5 XCP are destroyed every time a new asset is issued; there must be at least 5 XCP at [address] in order to issue an asset."

So the stock CP implementation destroys (burns) the native coin to get XCP.  Then it destroys XCP to get assets.  

Is your version of IXCP also going to be destroyed every time a new asset is launched? 

legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
May 18, 2014, 05:13:39 PM
Announcement:
Jeffery Smith, the CIO of CEX.io (Ghash.io), the biggest mining pool on earth, has accepted my offer for a seat on the iXcoin Foundation Board.
I expect further future developments with CEX.io and any future developments will be announced accordingly.

Proof?

Always ask for proof.

That said, I could post Jeffery's acceptance email but I would have to edit it for sensitive information which would then look like an altered document.

Therefore, Jeffery will post himself to confirm but he's a busy guy so it could take a few days.

I can vouch for Vlad on this. I have always taken an interest in Vlad's way of going about things, and amongst a lot of chaos, one thing I have NEVER see vlad do (even among the nuggets humiliation) is lie. It just does not seem plausible that he would intentionally lie to fulfill his needs. I am sure if you message the persons in question for proof they would give you it, but I honestly see no need for Vlad to explain himself or show proof Smiley This is from an unbiased view.
May 18, 2014, 05:10:34 PM

IXC and IXCP would be tradeable (within IXC blockchain!), so markets would decide their relative value. If markets decide IXCP (Counterparty) is worthless, it is the same as if CounterParty was never implemented. So this can only increase the value of IXC.

jamear,

With your use of a metacoin, I'm not clear on how IXCP would be tradeable within the IXC blockchain.  Are you saying it would be traded on the CP exchange which rides on the IXC blockchain? 

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 04:28:17 PM
Announcement:

Proof?

Always ask for proof.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 18, 2014, 03:47:13 PM
Announcement:

Proof?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 03:41:22 PM

Announcement:

Mr. Smith,

Welcome to the  F U T U R E.

Well that pretty much eliminates our need to rush a Counterparty solution out the door.  CEX.io isn't going to stop mining iXcoin.  Plus we're still seeing about 60% of all blocks now with mining fees.

Exactly.

This is a game changer.  And there are other things in the works as well.

This is why I said [before] that any code update shouldn't be limited to miners doing the update.  We have the largest merge mining pool on earth now working with us so if the code update is worth it, if it's very significant, then I feel comfortable going to them and I don't have a problem approaching the other large pools either.

In fact, I don't think I have a problem approaching anyone, period.  Haha, pretty good for a really shy guy.  lol.
May 18, 2014, 03:38:37 PM

Announcement:

Mr. Smith,

Well that pretty much eliminates our need to rush a Counterparty solution out the door.  CEX.io isn't going to stop mining iXcoin.  Plus we're still seeing about 60% of all blocks now with mining fees.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 03:35:58 PM

Announcement:

Mr. Smith,

Thats great news vlad! Congratz bro

Thanks.

I've emailed a couple people in the crypto media to see if we can get an article out there.

No guarantees but it's worth a try.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
May 18, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

Announcement:

Mr. Smith,

Thats great news vlad! Congratz bro
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Announcement:

Mr. Smith,

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 02:09:30 PM
I was reasoning on how Bitcoin Foundation has been criticised during these last months.

Mainly it has been the behaviour of his members the real issue.

That's why an 'iXcoin Foundation Statute' should be made before the Foundation is constituted.

In this way, if a member doesn't comply to the Statute, the board will have the right to remove him/her from the board, with the aim to protect the Foundation, the community and the investors. Anybody will have the right to report any infringement of the Statute.

We could start from a draft and, with the contribute of each member of the community, get a final, widely accepted version of the Statute.

That's a very good idea.  Bitcoin has nothing like this to help remove bad or unproductive characters.

Also add to the bylaws that a 3/4 vote is needed on top if it to ensure a democratic voting process.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 02:07:33 PM
Vlad are we getting good news today?

Yes, good news at noon.

It probably won't move the price but it's very good news for IXC and its future.

Awareness will move the price and that requires money, unfortunately, or a number of really big developments.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

There's no code that will ever replace the Bitcoin foundation [for a number of reasons].

It's hilarious and absurd to even think there can be.

It's like saying let's find a software platform to replace everyone in the WhiteHouse or to replace the board of directors at major Corporations.

The idea is downright absurd.

This Olivier guy is either an idiot or he just wants attention.
May 18, 2014, 01:31:42 PM
the competitive advantage of a well, fair and evenly distributed coin is rare, crucial and takes a long time to accomplish![/b][/i]
This is why I was (still am, but I doubt F is ready to implement it) proposing the CP implementation such that the metacoin (IXCP) is created with the "spin-off" mechanism. Every owner of IXC would get their share. Nobody could claim that's not fair. Other altcoins can not copy the mechanism as their coins are either immature (too young) or suffer from initial IPO (POS coins) in that respect. And if the "distribution block" would be announced well in advance, anyone wishing to get on board with CP-IXC would still have time to buy IXCs from an exchange. That would benefit IXCoiners with no interest in CP even before IXC-CP is launched!

My concern with a one time distribution of IXCP is much of it may go unused, but I guess IXCP will be exchangeable within our CP environment?  Right?  So five years from now if someone wants to start a new asset or vending service they should still be able to get IXCP?  Right?

I'm also still concerned about IXCP diluting IXC value, or diverting users to IXCP instead of IXC.

May 18, 2014, 01:16:26 PM
The other important thing to note here is that btcpay appears to allow us to implement the complete Counterparty feature set (send/receive, trades, bets)
Unfortunately not. You can not really have bets, and the orders involving IXC would be somewhat limited. This is the escrow problem, which stems from the Ixcoin (bitcoin) implementation: there are no balances only transactions. So in order to commit yourself to a bet with IXC as the currency (or commit to an IXC order) you need to send IXC to some adress. Where? How the money is transfered from there as the bet finalizes? In orders involving IXC one could go around the problem (as they do in CP with the "btcpay") by declearing that IXC orders are not escrowed and the matched IXC orders are only fulfilled after the other party pays IXCs (and if he doesn't pay within certain time window the order is cancelled). That really doesn't work for bets, and it is rather clumsy even for IXC orders.

Actually, that was essentially Friction's second last proposal (i.e., CP without a specific metacoin by just stripping off CP features that need the escrow for IXC). That implementation would be then nothing but ColoredCoins. Why not then implement the ColoredCoins directly?

Yes, I see the problem with bets if IXC is not escrowed since the looser doesn't have much incentive to pay up because they don't send any funds until they know they've lost.  With orders both sides generally want the order to go through at the time they submit, so it's more doable with IXC.  The issues would probably be with orders which aren't filled immediately.  Someone my move their IXC, but that only results in no order occurring, not someone loosing their funds.

So for bets we would need a betting proxy asset, because all assets come with escrow.

It may be true that a stripped down CP feature set could be done with ColoredCoins, but we also need to look at future growth.  Even if CP is only partially implemented, it still has more potential for feature growth than ColoredCoins, so why not stick with CP.

legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
May 18, 2014, 11:28:30 AM
Vlad are we getting good news today?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 18, 2014, 11:04:41 AM

Jamaer,

The more I think about your idea the better It sounds.

And September is close at hand.

What I don't get though is what happens when you spend all your IXCPs?

Cause it doesn't sound like IXC and IXCP are tied together.

So I spend all my IXCP's and I still have all my IXC's or vice versa.  This could lead to IXCP taking over IXC or nobody caring about IXCP.  Shouldn't these be linked somehow so as you spend IXCP an equal amount of IXC is also spent?  This would also eliminate the dilution effect of adding IXCP.
Jump to: