Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 205. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
March 03, 2014, 05:55:13 PM
Question: are the websites ixcoin.co and ixcoin.org going to be fully operative with the new concept before the end of the week?
Is Nasakioto with us or left us for the 3rd time?
Thanks

That's a good question.  It seems Luke has been left all alone.  Friction [and especially Thomas] have disappeared.

I'm gonna let Luke handle it cause I wanna start screaming and breaking virtual stuff.

Still waiting for the 30K IXC bounty.

That downright angers me.  I'm gonna let Cool Headed Luke deal with it.  If it doesn't get taken care of then I'll open my big mouth for for now, given we have a big launch coming, Luke is right in that we should be professional about this.

I'm sure Thomas has a good reason to be gone this long.  Who knows what he's got going on in his life.

So hang in there, I'm sure the bounty is coming.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 03, 2014, 05:36:37 PM
Question: are the websites ixcoin.co and ixcoin.org going to be fully operative with the new concept before the end of the week?
Thanks

That's a good question.  It seems Luke has been left all alone.  Friction [and especially Thomas] have disappeared.

I'm gonna let Luke handle it cause I wanna start screaming and breaking virtual stuff.

Still waiting for the 30K IXC bounty.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 03, 2014, 05:32:44 PM

I found Thomas!

lol

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 03, 2014, 05:22:42 PM
Thanks

Activity: 708
Merit: 500
March 03, 2014, 08:43:12 AM
Hi,

Happy to add the other exchanges however they have yet to prove themselves worthy of our recomendation to users. Maybe we can have a list titled: Experienced Exchanges and another list titled New Exchanges.

Just warn that use of ANY exchange is at your own risk?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
March 03, 2014, 06:40:49 AM

Hi guys,

I give you the updated situation on the exchanges

Up to now we can buy/sell iXcoin on:

Active exchanges (Luke Connell: could you update the list of exchanges on your website?)

www.Vircurex.com (Poland)
www.Cryptsy.com (USA)
www.C-cex.com  (Ukraine)
www.Poloniex.com (USA)

Exchange with an issue with ixcoin wallet:

www.openex.pw  (USA) (we won - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/openex-new-additions-round-2-open-449473 )

Not real exchanges:
www.cex.io (only for gh/s for now, but contemplating the idea of trading)
http://cryptotc.us/market#2CH (a multi- market platform)
www.e-cointrade.com (a multi- market platform)

Plus...

www.mintpal.com   (UK) ----> Please vote every hour for ixcoin:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

www.swisscex.com (Switzerland) ---> Please vote here: http://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5518882-please-add-ixcoin-one-of-the-four-coins-mined-by-

www.beedui.com (chinese exchange) ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email to: [email protected]

www.mcxnow.com ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email here [email protected]

---------------------------------

Urgent aspects to take care of:

- cast your vote on mintpal and swisscex

- trade ixcoin on poloniex.com and c-cex.com (Vlad?)

- help www.openex.pw to set ixcoin wallet correctly on their exchange (Frictionlesscoin?)

Hi,

Happy to add the other exchanges however they have yet to prove themselves worthy of our recomendation to users. Maybe we can have a list titled: Experienced Exchanges and another list titled New Exchanges.
March 03, 2014, 06:38:20 AM

Luke,

I love the interactive map you put up in the merchants tab.  I have a question about it.

Is this raw data you collected or are you porting in the feed from another website.  I'm curious as I've never seen such an interactive map before and I think it's great but don't know if this is an advantage iXcoin's website has over other sites or not.

Thanks.

Hi,

I ported it from an existing website. The service should be mentioned at the bottom of the map. It's very handy. I can't remember the name i will check and get back to you. Very popular service though.

Regards, Luke.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 02, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

Luke,

I love the interactive map you put up in the merchants tab.  I have a question about it.

Is this raw data you collected or are you porting in the feed from another website.  I'm curious as I've never seen such an interactive map before and I think it's great but don't know if this is an advantage iXcoin's website has over other sites or not.

Thanks.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 02, 2014, 07:40:55 PM

Hi guys,

I give you the updated situation on the exchanges

Up to now we can buy/sell iXcoin on:

Active exchanges (Luke Connell: could you update the list of exchanges on your website?)

www.Vircurex.com (Poland)
www.Cryptsy.com (USA)
www.C-cex.com  (Ukraine)
www.Poloniex.com (USA)

Exchange with an issue with ixcoin wallet:

www.openex.pw  (USA) (we won - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/openex-new-additions-round-2-open-449473 )

Not real exchanges:
www.cex.io (only for gh/s for now, but contemplating the idea of trading)
http://cryptotc.us/market#2CH (a multi- market platform)
www.e-cointrade.com (a multi- market platform)

Plus...

www.mintpal.com   (UK) ----> Please vote every hour for ixcoin:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

www.swisscex.com (Switzerland) ---> Please vote here: http://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5518882-please-add-ixcoin-one-of-the-four-coins-mined-by-

www.beedui.com (chinese exchange) ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email to: [email protected]

www.mcxnow.com ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email here [email protected]

---------------------------------

Urgent aspects to take care of:

- cast your vote on mintpal and swisscex

- trade ixcoin on poloniex.com and c-cex.com (Vlad?)

- help www.openex.pw to set ixcoin wallet correctly on their exchange (Frictionlesscoin?)

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 01, 2014, 10:03:11 PM

I agree. I just hope it's smoother once it ports over to the real domain.  Cause for me it's very sluggish, especially the ChatBox.

The website contains lots of content which is pulled from other websites and servers which will be the main cause of slower loading speeds. There is also allot of content on some pages that utilise your computers memory so the site will be slightly sluggish however the amount of content makes it worth it in the short term.

Regards, Luke.

Thanks for the explanation, Luke.  I agree, the content is Top notch and well thought out.  I wouldn't give that up for a slightly sluggish experience.

Thanks!
March 01, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

I agree. I just hope it's smoother once it ports over to the real domain.  Cause for me it's very sluggish, especially the ChatBox.

The website contains lots of content which is pulled from other websites and servers which will be the main cause of slower loading speeds. There is also allot of content on some pages that utilise your computers memory so the site will be slightly sluggish however the amount of content makes it worth it in the short term.

Regards, Luke.
March 01, 2014, 08:34:37 PM

Luke's site is pretty impressive.  It's well thought out.  I would just caution not to focus too much on bitcoin.  I assume some of the bitcoin content will get pushed out by ixcoin content as we move forward.  If so it's not a bad plan, so we won't be lacking content at the beginning.  Of course, much of what happens to bitcoin is relavant to ixcoin, like laws, regulations, exchange failures, hacking, etc.  Friction still has a lot of good stats and other ixcoin info which could be ported to this new website.  Good work Luke.  Can't wait for the relaunch.

Hi tazman,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll definitely try to add some additional stats around ixcoin and transition over time to a focus on ixcoin as more content becomes available.

They site has been designed to try and provide key data for owners, investors or traders of ixcoin, help build awareness and understanding for the general public through education whilst also catering to regulators, lawyers, students and educators through the education, research and regulation areas.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
March 01, 2014, 05:41:08 PM

Luke's site is pretty impressive.  It's well thought out.  I would just caution not to focus too much on bitcoin.  I assume some of the bitcoin content will get pushed out by ixcoin content as we move forward.  If so it's not a bad plan, so we won't be lacking content at the beginning.  Of course, much of what happens to bitcoin is relavant to ixcoin, like laws, regulations, exchange failures, hacking, etc.  Friction still has a lot of good stats and other ixcoin info which could be ported to this new website.  Good work Luke.  Can't wait for the relaunch.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
March 01, 2014, 04:26:50 PM

It is not going to change in performance just because the domain name changes.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
March 01, 2014, 04:08:45 PM

Activity: 708
Merit: 500
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 28, 2014, 10:01:27 PM
I've finalised the major write up in our education centre which covers the GFC, Derivatives and Cryptocurrency.

http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3#!Global-Financial-Crisis-Financial-Governance-Derivatives-and-CryptoCurrency/c1m02/6CFB11EA-F0C8-45F9-9A89-6004B83882FD

Open to your thoughts.

Wow man, the research tab is really nice.  I didn't expect that.  A lot of tedious work has gone into putting just this one tab together.  Really nice work, man.

Just glancing at it I already learned something new, something I had no idea about and something which shows that cryptos is something the SmartMoney has a very large, vested interst in.  This means the powers that be really want this money to succeed and iXcoin is perfectly made for mass adoption.

I really like this part:

The GSMA has released a report titled State of the Industry 2013 - Financial Services for the Unbanked. GSMA's Mobile Money for the Unbanked Programme (MMU) is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.

Thank you, Luke!

[Thomas, please pay this man!]
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 28, 2014, 09:53:15 PM

Luke,

Great news about the website being completed. I can't wait to chat with people, live, on the ChatBox.

But we obviously can't do a relaunch without the wallets so I'm sure everyone wants to know what timeline we're looking at?

I realize it's out of your hands but from your experience, how many weeks or months do you think it will take before we have everything we need for a full relaunch?

Thanks.

From experience 3 to 4 months is considered a short deadline for reasonable size development projects and in many cases the average project takes up to 6 months. Development teams working for a corporation are often much faster than open source not for profit development teams this is due to the later group working part time or on an adhoc basis, Mike Hearn highlighted this as one of the major challenges facing Bitcoin and thereby all cryptocurrency and open source projects.

Regards, Luke.

You just took like all the wind out of my sails.

Well, the odds just shot up but my gut instinct still says something big is about to happen.

If not, then 3-4 months will pass quickly and it will be a blast to finally relaunch this thing.

Thanks again.
February 28, 2014, 09:17:46 PM
I've finalised the major write up in our education centre which covers the GFC, Derivatives and Cryptocurrency.

http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3#!Global-Financial-Crisis-Financial-Governance-Derivatives-and-CryptoCurrency/c1m02/6CFB11EA-F0C8-45F9-9A89-6004B83882FD

Open to your thoughts.
Jump to: