Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 218. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 12, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

Raskul,

What do you mean you short sell Namecoin and Bitcoin?  How's that possible?

as soon as my mined coins are mature, i sell them, a short sell (not holding long) - i guess it's just a turn of phrase. i use margin calls on stuff like oil and kazakhmys, but I don't mine oil or copper... just dabble with the shares in them
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 12, 2014, 03:56:31 PM

Raskul,

What do you mean you short sell Namecoin and Bitcoin?  How's that possible?
February 12, 2014, 03:53:51 PM
Lol, that's what I was saying a while back about piles of merge miners not having enough IXC in their accounts, at the current price to warrant then taking the time to download a wallet and transfer from their pool.  If the value goes to $10+, then I think some of them will start taking notice and taking the time to harvest their IXC coins.  Until that time, you will need to find other interesting ways to get them to move those frozen coins around.

the merge mining does mine the coin for every user, but if the user doesn't specify a wallet address for ixcoin, it gets donated to the pool, so the coins are in fact being mined, but not necessarily being harvested by the miners.

The coin is dilluted to hundreds to even thousands of miners over 2 1/2 years.   

Only takes the guts of a speculator to start driving these prices up so they take notice.

We easily have over 100,000 merge miners by now.  That would mean IXC is being held by more than 100,000 shareholders.

Nothing like that exists in BTC or any other alt coin.  Because even namecoin, many sold off as the price went much higher.

I short sell my namecoin, alongwith my bitcoin, it's only ixcoin that i hold, because I believe it's still got some way to go.
I may be just one, but I do believe in ixcoin. and every one counts.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 12, 2014, 03:20:48 PM
Lol, that's what I was saying a while back about piles of merge miners not having enough IXC in their accounts, at the current price to warrant then taking the time to download a wallet and transfer from their pool.  If the value goes to $10+, then I think some of them will start taking notice and taking the time to harvest their IXC coins.  Until that time, you will need to find other interesting ways to get them to move those frozen coins around.

the merge mining does mine the coin for every user, but if the user doesn't specify a wallet address for ixcoin, it gets donated to the pool, so the coins are in fact being mined, but not necessarily being harvested by the miners.

Only takes the guts of a speculator to start driving these prices up so they take notice.

We easily have over 100,000 merge miners by now.  That would mean IXC is being held by more than 100,000 shareholders.

Nothing like that exists in BTC or any other alt coin.  Because even namecoin, many sold off as the price went much higher.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 12, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

February 12, 2014, 02:57:27 PM

legendary
February 12, 2014, 02:46:37 PM
Lol, that's what I was saying a while back about piles of merge miners not having enough IXC in their accounts, at the current price to warrant then taking the time to download a wallet and transfer from their pool.  If the value goes to $10+, then I think some of them will start taking notice and taking the time to harvest their IXC coins.  Until that time, you will need to find other interesting ways to get them to move those frozen coins around.

iXcoin is probably one of the most evenly distributed coins out there.  14 million IXC coins were merged mined... so IXC coin is in the wallets of a lot of Bitcoin miners.   The amounts are so miniscule that they don't even bother to send these coins to an exchange.   It is likely these IXC coins are still sitting in the bitparking and ghash.io pools.   Who knows if people have lost passwords to access these coins.  Who knows that if after 2 1/2 years whether these coins were accidentally lost in a hard drive.

A lot of IXC coins may actually be sitting in BTC-E wallets!  People may have not even bothered to withdraw them when they closed down IXC 2 years ago.
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
February 12, 2014, 02:43:28 PM
February 12, 2014, 12:42:37 PM

You are on a Mac running the client on a Windows virtual machine?

two mins, i'll get down on the floor and try it from there...

ADD: still the same error, when working at the windows terminal directly.

Try going on to command line.

everything I can do directly on the windows laptop, i can do thru teamviewer from the comfy seat Smiley what difference do you think it'll make? I can get the command line up either way, and either way it's the same....
legendary
February 12, 2014, 12:41:26 PM

Try going on to command line.
February 12, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

legendary
February 12, 2014, 12:29:49 PM

damn, this is annoying! if you were able to send them from your windows wallet... why am I having such trouble!!!???

February 12, 2014, 12:01:31 PM
Hello everyone.

I hope you're all well.

Please see the most recent design concept which I believe is heading in the right direction.

http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3

Please let me know your thoughts Smiley

Regards, Luke.

I like it, now.. about that windows wallet...  Undecided

Hi,

Thanks. What is your public address from the windows wallet. I'll try to send you 10 IXC to see if mine works.

no need to send a big amount...

xtDFr8VgL9X9m7RxSqGcVc4XbxMg5uLs1F

but yes, it's not in the receiving I have a problem, just when I try to send...
if you can send OK, then obviously the problem is contained to my own system... hopefully we'll get this working soon.

Ok all sorted.I sent you IXC$5

OK, it's being confirmed...
please let me have your wallet address, and i'll try to send it back to you!

Sure. Unfortunately I'm in bed so it will have to be in 8 hours. Need a nice sleep. Talk to you soon.

no worries, later.

Hi my address is xcKFNjh8du5SJZMMCvibVQ4EQEYEtCM1cH I hope you were able to receive the 5 test coins. Now the ultimate test is whether you can send them Smiley

damn, this is annoying! if you were able to send them from your windows wallet... why am I having such trouble!!!???
legendary
February 12, 2014, 11:57:19 AM

Your work looks pretty impressive. 

Would you like to help out with the design of the entire site?

Every coin really needs a good mission.  The mission we are leaning towards is a philantrophic one where IXC would help serve as a bridge to help people of developing countries achieve improve financial mobility through the use of crypto-currencies.

The problem with most developing countries is that at a personal level money to do the most basic of businesses is extremely difficult to make avail of.   If I needed money to buy a piglet to grow to become a full grown pig that I can sell to the butcher,  that money is only available at the most exhorbitant rates.   

Now imagine a system that allows for people in the first world who earn next to nothing in interest rates, to make such loans available to people who need it most.  Imagine a crypto currency system that makes this possible in an extremely secure manner.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Activity: 294
February 12, 2014, 09:47:45 AM
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
February 12, 2014, 08:26:04 AM
Hello everyone.

I hope you're all well.

Please see the most recent design concept which I believe is heading in the right direction.

http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3

Please let me know your thoughts Smiley

Regards, Luke.

I like it, now.. about that windows wallet...  Undecided

Hi,

Thanks. What is your public address from the windows wallet. I'll try to send you 10 IXC to see if mine works.

no need to send a big amount...

xtDFr8VgL9X9m7RxSqGcVc4XbxMg5uLs1F

but yes, it's not in the receiving I have a problem, just when I try to send...
if you can send OK, then obviously the problem is contained to my own system... hopefully we'll get this working soon.

Ok all sorted.I sent you IXC$5

OK, it's being confirmed...
please let me have your wallet address, and i'll try to send it back to you!

Sure. Unfortunately I'm in bed so it will have to be in 8 hours. Need a nice sleep. Talk to you soon.

no worries, later.

Hi my address is xcKFNjh8du5SJZMMCvibVQ4EQEYEtCM1cH I hope you were able to receive the 5 test coins. Now the ultimate test is whether you can send them Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2014, 06:53:58 AM
I give you my theory. The main pool is ghash.io.

According to this statement:

https://support.cex.io/entries/40043388-Phone-verification-and-2FA

They have over 100,000 cex.io users. Let's suppose each of them, on average, have something like 90 IXC in his online wallet, worth on average less then 10 $, it means:

100,000 * 90 = 9,000,000

If we add other 10 big holders having between 420,000 (2%) and 840,000 (4%) = 6,000,000

Plus an other 200 "small" holders having between 10,500 (0,05%) and 63,000 (0,3%) = 3,000,000

It means 50% of the coins have been simply forgotten by the holders, now progressively collected by cex.io in exchange of gh/s. An other 40% is in the hands of holders, big and small. The remaining 10% is what you see on the exchanges.

Conclusion: without cex.io's unaware holders, at least 50% of the coins are like lost, or unused.

That's a solid theory and it explains why there's never any big sellers.

So the CEX wallets, those belong to the individuals, right?  Are all 100,000 accounts merge mining?

What about bitparking, they merge mined for a long time.

This is what I was trying to say. It would appear that iXcoin has well over 100,000 shareholders, holding more than half of the total coin supply.

This is a best case scenario which brings long term stability to a coin.

And this is the kind of distribution which has a massive synergistic effect in lifting up the colonists or colonies.

Over 100,000 holders versus a few thousand for BTC.  iXcoin keeps getting better and better the more you look at it.  There really is no coin with these stats out there.  

This distribution advantage should be somewhere on the website cause it's yet one more thing no other coin can match.

The other plausible reason why IXC is never ever pumped is that nobody can accumulate enough to make it worth their while to pump it.

Unlike new coins where people can get coins next to nothing,  there is a large incentive to make the gamble to pump the coin.

By contrast,  there is no way to get IXC in mass quantities without buying them on the open market.  But just a 1% buy of 200,000 coins will double and triple the price immediately.   

legendary
February 12, 2014, 06:49:11 AM
On ebay uk you can buy several virtual coins but ixcoin. You know, it's seems silly because we are talking of something not physically existing, but the one I have the instinct to buy is the one with a nice 3D elaborate image.

We need it: a final (gold and silver??) 3D image of ixcoin. After all: is it not the twin brother of the golden one?

Is anybody here skilled enough to make a 3D image? LukeConnell team?

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

maybe 50% of all IX have been lost

I agree that it is likely that a big percentage of IX have been lost.  

Not only that, ever since merge mining started at block 45,000 the coins were dispersed more evenly among the miners.

Only approximately 4.3 million coins were mined prior to merge mining.  
legendary
February 12, 2014, 06:48:11 AM
On ebay uk you can buy several virtual coins but ixcoin. You know, it's seems silly because we are talking of something not physically existing, but the one I have the instinct to buy is the one with a nice 3D elaborate image.

We need it: a final (gold and silver??) 3D image of ixcoin. After all: is it not the twin brother of the golden one?

Is anybody here skilled enough to make a 3D image? LukeConnell team?

You're right.  People are used to buying something they can see.  Even if it's virtual, a beautiful and realistic image can really help.

And I too think it's odd you can buy totally worthless coins on eBay but not 1 single iXcoin.  Very odd given there's 18 million coins out there....somewhere.

You should be spending your time selling on eBay.  We already sent out instructions on how to do so via CEX.IO so it is safer.
Jump to: