Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 222. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
February 10, 2014, 07:05:42 PM

I don't think wolong has that kind of pull to take iXcoin 20-30 times higher.

But give me his twitter account and I'll hit'em up like Tupac Shakur with my other alias.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 10, 2014, 07:03:56 PM
Hey guys, ixcoin just added to CryptOTC

cryptotc dot us/market#IXC

How old and large is cryptootc?  Cause I've never heard of it.

Well, it's great news.  So is that 4 markets now?

The danger of these new exchanges is that, you never know if they will close and therefore take all your deposits with them.

Oh, interesting point.  I didn't think of that. 

People should use Cryptsy then until these new exchanges prove themselves or buy your coins and transfer them to a cold wallet.

Haha, Cryptsy. I'd rather take an unproven exchange over one that I KNOW manipulates markets and steals from people.

They all manipulate markets cause there's no laws against it yet.
But Cryptsy is US based and has never lost anyone's money to mysterious hacks.  There's only maybe 1 or 2 other exchanges which have been around at least 6 months which can say that.

And you don't have to keep your money in Cryptsy, just buy and transfer.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
February 10, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

Is that Italian?  Again?

This part was really interesting, and news to me.

iXcoin is close to takeoff as evidenced also by the German newspaper altcoinmarkt.de which provides for iXcoin during the year 2014 an increase of several thousand percent, or 20-30 times the current value.

That's a very bullish prediction and it's interesting European countries are the ones pushing iXcoin (colonies).
And 20-30 fold is close to my prediction of 100 fold (~$10)for this year.

It's easier said then done. Unless you can get Wolong buying IXC i see ourselfs stuck down here for a long time. Which is not too bad.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 10, 2014, 03:16:20 PM
Mark Karpeles is being pushed out from the bitcoin foundation.

First Shrem and now Karpeles.

I saw this coming.  Did these lucky clowns  actually think the Feds were gonna let them run such a powerful currency.

The govt will own bitcoin by year's end....as expected.  And expect some more disappearing acts by more Bitcoin board members.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 03:00:09 PM
can someone remind me how to add nodes (and what to add) to my windows wallet please... it's still saying invalid address, whenever I try to send coinage. mac wallet working fine.  thanks.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 10, 2014, 02:56:03 PM

Is that Italian?  Again?

This part was really interesting, and news to me.

iXcoin is close to takeoff as evidenced also by the German newspaper altcoinmarkt.de which provides for iXcoin during the year 2014 an increase of several thousand percent, or 20-30 times the current value.

That's a very bullish prediction and it's interesting European countries are the ones pushing iXcoin (colonies).
And 20-30 fold is close to my prediction of 100 fold (~$10)for this year.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
February 09, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Thanks, Friction, I passed the message along.

But what's going on with the wallet?  That's what Tazman and others paid for, a client update and I tought you had it all done last month.  I don't understand what's going on with the client update and people keep asking me.  I look like a liar when I tell them one thing based on things you say and then nothing happens.

So can we get a clear answer:  When will we have a new updated, working Windows client which we can actually use?

Thanks.

All the code is written and done.  The code has been compiled and run on both Mac OS X and Linux systems.

The guy who is supposed to do the Windows build is like taking forever. 

I don't have Windows.

So we've been waiting a whole month on one guy?

How labor intensive is this task; can we get someone else to do it?

Cause we need it done by relaunch and with only 5 days left to vote I think Luke will be ready to launch by the end of February, which is about 3 weeks time. 

At least I hope Luke can get everything done for an end of Feb Launch.

Not very labor intensive,  just needs someone to go through the steps to compile it.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 09:53:20 PM

Guys, here's another exchange to vote for IXC.

For crying outloud, my ShitCoin is beating a bunch of coins right now, including IXC so let's vote.  lol, pretty hard to believe SHT will be added to an exchange.  That's democracy and capitalism at work; give the people what they want.

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

Shitcoin armies have assembled. I voted

lol.  I just noticed that it lets you vote like 7 or 8 times.

Whoever goes to vote on that site keep voting until you reach your daily limit.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
February 09, 2014, 09:46:22 PM

For crying outloud, my ShitCoin is beating a bunch of coins right now, including IXC so let's vote.  lol, pretty hard to believe SHT will be added to an exchange.  That's democracy and capitalism at work; give the people what they want.

Shitcoin armies have assembled. I voted
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

But what's going on with the wallet?  That's what Tazman and others paid for, a client update and I tought you had it all done last month.  I don't understand what's going on with the client update and people keep asking me.  I look like a liar when I tell them one thing based on things you say and then nothing happens.

So can we get a clear answer:  When will we have a new updated, working Windows client which we can actually use?

Thanks.

All the code is written and done.  The code has been compiled and run on both Mac OS X and Linux systems.

I don't have Windows.

So we've been waiting a whole month on one guy?

How labor intensive is this task; can we get someone else to do it?

Cause we need it done by relaunch and with only 5 days left to vote I think Luke will be ready to launch by the end of February, which is about 3 weeks time. 

At least I hope Luke can get everything done for an end of Feb Launch.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 09:19:46 PM

legendary
February 09, 2014, 09:05:30 PM

Thanks.

I don't have Windows.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 07:43:41 PM
I've been trying desperately to get guys like Andreas Antonopoulos to just take a look at iXcoin, and FINALLY, I was able to get him to at least read Luke's reddit write-up.  And he did more than that, he favorited it which means all his followers will at least notice it.

Thanks, Andreas!

@aantonop favorited:
@aantonop   Massive makeover and relaunch for iXcoin in the next month:  http://t.co/s6Af4jpKrd

m.twitter.com/i/connect

Edit:

@aantonop: @XBTcoin Always open to new ideas. All coins can co-exist, it's a huge market. Each has its niche.

m.twitter.com/i/connect
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

This post was written a month ago.  It's these posts that made me believe the new client was basically finished.  Now, an entire month later, and it seems the wallet upgrade is dead.  I do not understand and I can't seem to get a straight answer.  We can't launch a new website with a crappy, 3 year old wallet.

So can we get a firm date of the actual and complete release of the new client?

Thanks.

0.3.24.3 is the legacy wallet and his around for 2 1/2 years,  this is your safe bet.
0.8.6 was just created recently and like any other software requires some time to mature.  So far it works without any issue that I have found.

I have other developers who build the QT client.  Right now I am waiting on one of them to release the Windows QT binaries.

0.8.6 already encrypts wallets.  0.8.6 has all the functionality of the latest Bitcoin client.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

Thanks.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 09, 2014, 11:50:40 AM
Yeah I'm being spammed for answers about the windows client T.T
legendary
February 09, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Friction,

What's going on with the client update?  I thought it was completed last month and just needed testing.

I'm having numerous people ask me about it and I don't have a clear answer.

Here's a tweet I just got; if you could clarify I'd appreciate it as it seems quite a few people are having issues.  Thanks.

@Vlad_Roberto I own coins sitting at exchanges. The client won't dl blockchain. I had posted to that 100+ page thread a while ago looking for nodes but no one seems to have any. I was going to just let the coins sit at the exchanges until your new client comes out. Have you updated the source code ? If so i can build my own client but will still need addnodes to add to conf file so i can get the blockchain.

They have to go to www.ixcoin.co and use the addnodes that are listed over there.  This has been tested to work fine.   By default, the client will not find any peers.  Tell him to head over to www.ixcoin.co for the info.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 09, 2014, 04:31:09 AM

Friction,

What's going on with the client update?  I thought it was completed last month and just needed testing.

I'm having numerous people ask me about it and I don't have a clear answer.

Here's a tweet I just got; if you could clarify I'd appreciate it as it seems quite a few people are having issues.  Thanks.

@Vlad_Roberto I own coins sitting at exchanges. The client won't dl blockchain. I had posted to that 100+ page thread a while ago looking for nodes but no one seems to have any. I was going to just let the coins sit at the exchanges until your new client comes out. Have you updated the source code ? If so i can build my own client but will still need addnodes to add to conf file so i can get the blockchain.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
February 08, 2014, 07:16:40 PM
We haven't heard from Luke in a week.  Come on, Luke, chime in.

BTW, looks like IXC hit a solid and stable 12 peta hash of mining power.  I'm updating my signature line.
Jump to: