Pages:
Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 53. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
September 18, 2015, 08:24:10 PM

With the drop in hash, does f2pool still have majority control on the network.

Ie: Can we update ixcoin through other pools yet?

No, f2pool dropped their IXC hash to update to new code.  Furthermore, we have made efforts to induce new large pools to mine iXCoin (for free).  The biggest ones being BTCCHINA, Ant Pool and of course f2Pool and also stateside pools like Mintsy and also the largest pool in America.

If things work out according to plan then iXCoin will soon be the most secured alt-coin in the world - well above even Namecoin and I would definitely shoot to go above the security level of even Bitcoin.  Understand that goal is nearly impossible but it's what I'm pushing for.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there is ZERO reward for mining ixCoin and although these pools can merge mine it along with BTC, efficiencies are lost and it can be very costly to add a merged coin like IXC so getting these large pools to add IXC won't be easy and it's possible we will fail but we will not fail from a lack of trying.

Since IxCoin is merge mined, wouldn't surpassing Bitcoin's hash require a fork to re-separate mining?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
September 16, 2015, 07:08:07 PM

No, f2pool dropped their IXC hash to update to new code.  Furthermore, we have made efforts to induce new large pools to mine iXCoin (for free).  The biggest ones being BTCCHINA, Ant Pool and of course f2Pool and also stateside pools like Mintsy and also the largest pool in America.

If things work out according to plan then iXCoin will soon be the most secured alt-coin in the world - well above even Namecoin and I would definitely shoot to go above the security level of even Bitcoin.  Understand that goal is nearly impossible but it's what I'm pushing for.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there is ZERO reward for mining ixCoin and although these pools can merge mine it along with BTC, efficiencies are lost and it can be very costly to add a merged coin like IXC so getting these large pools to add IXC won't be easy and it's possible we will fail but we will not fail from a lack of trying.
Activity: 116
Merit: 100
September 16, 2015, 03:05:20 PM

Hi Cin,
Is it possible to use your great personality and skills to convince F2pool to update iXcoin?
Thanks

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 16, 2015, 02:30:34 PM

Hi Cin,
Is it possible to use your great personality and skills to convince F2pool to update iXcoin?
Thanks

If that doesn't work we'll try my great personality and skills.  Hahaha.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 14, 2015, 11:56:09 AM
Is there some trend happening with the early alts? Maybe like a canary in the coal mine?

Is namecoin going to be reduced in hash next?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115270/onename-drops-namecoin-switches-to-bitcoin

A single mining pool has 67% of the hashpower on Namecoin. Namecoin is not decentralized and not secure

Great observation.  Namecoin is super centralized but then again Bitcoin is too and it's only gonna get more centralized.  But I disagree about the security.   NMC has massive hash/difficulty so it's very secure.

That said, it would be nice to see IXC take second place or first place amongst alts for security.  If NMC loses some ASICS while IXC gains some then it would be possible.
September 14, 2015, 11:49:40 AM
Is there some trend happening with the early alts? Maybe like a canary in the coal mine?

Is namecoin going to be reduced in hash next?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115270/onename-drops-namecoin-switches-to-bitcoin

A single mining pool has 67% of the hashpower on Namecoin. Namecoin is not decentralized and not secure
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 14, 2015, 11:46:00 AM

There are many obvious reasons to keep identity secret when developing systems that are designed to nullify regulation of governments & corporations.
Read the proposed law in California for one example.

That's one good reason, although I can't imagine anyone hiding from the fed after creating anything this disruptive. 
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
September 13, 2015, 11:11:10 PM
There are many obvious reasons to keep identity secret when developing systems that are designed to nullify regulation of governments & corporations.
Read the proposed law in California for one example.

The same could be said of Satoshi Nakamoto.  Why remain anonymous at this point?

Exactly.  I don't know any devs, other than Satoshi and Thomas, that have worked so hard to remain anonymous for such a long period for no obvious reason.
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
September 12, 2015, 06:27:12 PM
Yes a mobile wallet is necessary for purchases but no merchants currently accept ix so this is not the true issue here. If there were merchants someone would likely release a mobile wallet in particular since ix is quite similar to btc.

sms transactions ?  how do you propose to send cryptocurrency and maintain security from conventional text messaging that is limited to 160 charachters

if you want a mac wallet , build it, install qt creator and the other dependencies and it will compile---
distribution requires an apple developers license (and a few other skills), could just as easily build linux wallet on your mac using virtual box -- also someone in the community could certainly 'compile' and distribute a mac wallet if they wanted to support the coin -- they should do so without compensation and anyone using it should take the precautions they should take with using any wallet compiled by anyone for any coin.

the premine may be an issue to some people. possibly the only valid concern here----

personally i find it distasteful when coins are premined.
If you examine the early premined blocks carefully you will find them (i have not examined them all)
unredeemed  at output....meaning they are sitting in the blockchain waiting to be claimed by the owner.... ironic the same method used by 'satoshi' to keep a hoard of btc
if the premine was done with the intent of short term financial reward i think whoever controls it would have cashed it long long ago when ix was trading for much higher btc/ix ratio than now.
for this reason i see no purpose to consider the premine of ix an issue at all.
ix was created so long ago and the original developer 'thomas' is no longer active.....
if you want to use ix you either have to live with this premine or move to some other cryptocurrency without one

In all seriousness though, Ixcoin is lacking the fundamental services needed to compete against Bitcoin.
(remainder of quote deleted to save space)
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 12, 2015, 01:48:46 PM

The same could be said of Satoshi Nakamoto.  Why remain anonymous at this point?

Exactly.  I don't know any devs, other than Satoshi and Thomas, that have worked so hard to remain anonymous for such a long period for no obvious reason.
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
September 12, 2015, 01:36:43 PM
What possible reason is there for why Thomas, "me" would stay anonymous?

In the begginnng there was even a banner printed for doing events. To bad nobody paid attention at the early bitcoin events, they would have seen me. Now all you get are my toes. Smiley

Hahaha.

Thanks for the laugh.

But you pose a good question, why remain anonymous at this point?

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 12, 2015, 11:32:08 AM

In the begginnng there was even a banner printed for doing events. To bad nobody paid attention at the early bitcoin events, they would have seen me. Now all you get are my toes. Smiley

Hahaha.

Thanks for the laugh.

But you pose a good question, why remain anonymous at this point?
September 12, 2015, 10:50:35 AM

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 12, 2015, 10:38:00 AM

Many clues has frequently brought me to believe that a close friend or family member of this person is the modern Nasakioto. But I think the respect for people and their private life comes first.

Is that Hal Thomas Finney?
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
September 11, 2015, 11:49:12 PM

I hope Karpeles isn't Nasakioto or we'll never see more ixcoin bounties...

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/21906/breaking-failed-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-indicted-embezzlement/

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 11, 2015, 03:47:27 PM

Well that's disappointing. Zebedee makes some pretty good points you know.

Vlad2Vlad will be a 75 year old man preaching the coming rise of IxCoin to his retirement community at this rate.

Touché!
September 11, 2015, 03:14:39 PM
What happened with the alleged 20mb test-net?
Regarding the 20mb live stress test.  I last spoke with Gavin and Peter Todd about 6-8 weeks ago and it was the understanding that they would get us the software package for the test and then we would do the stress test.  They never delivered that software and they didn't give any reasoning for it either.  They seemed very excited with the idea of iXCoin being the test mule so I'm not sure why they didn't follow through.

I agree about all the needed services but until our partners decide to be more active not much will happen.  That's why I think we should at least do what we can as a community and taking care of the premine issue is something we can tackle.

Well that's disappointing. Zebedee makes some pretty good points you know.

Vlad2Vlad will be a 75 year old man preaching the coming rise of IxCoin to his retirement community at this rate.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 11, 2015, 02:12:30 PM
In all seriousness though, Ixcoin is lacking the fundamental services needed to compete against Bitcoin.

To my knowledge there is still no mobile wallet, absolutely essential for purchases.

SMS transactions "coming soon" has had no public development.

There's no Mac wallet which is necessary for mainstream adoption aka propagandizing.

The premine is also an issue. The supposed bounties never really materialized... neither did the services.

Half the premine was paid out to bounties so Thomas kept his word.  And they were very generous bounties.

Regarding the 20mb live stress test.  I last spoke with Gavin and Peter Todd about 6-8 weeks ago and it was the understanding that they would get us the software package for the test and then we would do the stress test.  They never delivered that software and they didn't give any reasoning for it either.  They seemed very excited with the idea of iXCoin being the test mule so I'm not sure why they didn't follow through.

I agree about all the needed services but until our partners decide to be more active not much will happen.  That's why I think we should at least do what we can as a community and taking care of the premine issue is something we can tackle.
September 11, 2015, 01:43:09 PM

To my knowledge there is still no mobile wallet, absolutely essential for purchases.

SMS transactions "coming soon" has had no public development.

There's no Mac wallet which is necessary for mainstream adoption aka propagandizing.

The premine is also an issue. The supposed bounties never really materialized... neither did the services.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
September 11, 2015, 10:45:47 AM
Just so we're clear, are you pretending that the user "iXcoin Foundation" isn't you? Because all of their posts have the same overuse of italics and nutty writing style as yours.

It's a foundation account, hence multiple users.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: