Pages:
Author

Topic: January 31st, the Downfall of Bitcoin - page 6. (Read 12760 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
January 27, 2014, 06:02:19 AM
They can't afford a few satoshis?

Bitcoin looks like a total scam to them.. trust me, I recently visited Kenya and asked a few middle class locals over there on their thoughts on bitcoin. I sincerely doubt that bitcoin will take off in the developing world even though it is supposedly designed to help them.

So a couple of people represent the entire developing world?! This is the kinda myopic thinking that dominates this forum.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
January 27, 2014, 05:59:40 AM
Yes, fiat currencies are backed by guns. We who invest in Bitcoin are risking our money in order to have a currency NOT backed by guns. We are only risking our money. Many, many others have risked and given their lives for the hope of freedom. You may be underestimating what a powerful force the love of freedom is. This may not be rational, but it is very very real. Bet against it at your peril.

Divided Guns vs the Greater Consensus. who will win?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 05:54:13 AM
I´d rather be on the Bitcoin side of that showdown that on the fascist imperialist side.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
January 26, 2014, 11:38:00 PM
Yes, fiat currencies are backed by guns. We who invest in Bitcoin are risking our money in order to have a currency NOT backed by guns. We are only risking our money. Many, many others have risked and given their lives for the hope of freedom. You may be underestimating what a powerful force the love of freedom is. This may not be rational, but it is very very real. Bet against it at your peril.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 500
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
January 26, 2014, 11:23:17 PM

Bitcoin looks like a total scam to them.. trust me, I recently visited Kenya and asked a few middle class locals over there on their thoughts on bitcoin. I sincerely doubt that bitcoin will take off in the developing world even though it is supposedly designed to help them.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
January 26, 2014, 11:17:54 PM
If you want to introduce bitcoin in poor countries, the prices needs to crash. They can't even afford a computer, let alone a fucking digital code worth 3 full year salaries!

Activity: 717
Merit: 501
January 26, 2014, 11:16:17 PM

I've got news for you: 85% of bitcoin users are nerds. They are loners and will avoid any form of conflict in real life. When the governments of their countries start imposing strict laws against bitcoins, they will cash out as soon as possible. Because that's who and how they are; ''law abiding citizens.''

Your misinformation is astounding.  Listen sometime to what Andreas Anotonopoulos has said about his experiences in 3rd world countries, south america, et al, and the revolutionary role Bitcoin is about to play in places where the vast majority of individuals are unbanked, underbanked, or oppressed by corrupt governments.  While Bitcoin may be a neat new payment method in the USA, its becoming matter of life and death to many people around the world.  Those individuals who get dragged out of their homes and tortured for supporting things like Bitcoin.  And yet they still do it.  You truly don't have any idea what is going on around the world right now pertaining to Bitcoin, and what types of people are beginning to look to it for salvation from poverty and oppression.

I have more news for you: bitcoin might be backed by 'its limited supply', but do you know what is backing the USD?
This is what backs the USD, Yuan, and other powerful currencies:

Here's some more news for you:   The United States and China are not the only countries in the world.

-B-

If you want to introduce bitcoin in poor countries, the prices needs to crash. They can't even afford a computer, let alone a fucking digital code worth 3 full year salaries!
Activity: 924
January 26, 2014, 11:13:29 PM

I've got news for you: 85% of bitcoin users are nerds. They are loners and will avoid any form of conflict in real life. When the governments of their countries start imposing strict laws against bitcoins, they will cash out as soon as possible. Because that's who and how they are; ''law abiding citizens.''

Your misinformation is astounding.  Listen sometime to what Andreas Anotonopoulos has said about his experiences in 3rd world countries, south america, et al, and the revolutionary role Bitcoin is about to play in places where the vast majority of individuals are unbanked, underbanked, or oppressed by corrupt governments.  While Bitcoin may be a neat new payment method in the USA, its becoming matter of life and death to many people around the world.  Those individuals who get dragged out of their homes and tortured for supporting things like Bitcoin.  And yet they still do it.  You truly don't have any idea what is going on around the world right now pertaining to Bitcoin, and what types of people are beginning to look to it for salvation from poverty and oppression.

I have more news for you: bitcoin might be backed by 'its limited supply', but do you know what is backing the USD?
This is what backs the USD, Yuan, and other powerful currencies:

Here's some more news for you:   The United States and China are not the only countries in the world.

-B-
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
January 26, 2014, 07:38:55 PM
Yeah, there might be some bargains on the 31st, but there are lots of things happening in china on the 31st, such as http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/24/investing/icbc-china-default/
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
January 26, 2014, 06:36:05 PM
... the pro-bitcoin propaganda being spread by the Bitcoin Foundation owned media!
Thanks.  You made my day with that one.
January 26, 2014, 06:19:02 PM

I advice everyone to listen to Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons'.
During the last crash, when I was stubborn and holded my coins, simply because other people told me that was the best thing to do, I lost over $18,000 USD in a matter of hours. The price of bitcoins, or other crypto-currencies, has not recovered since. I needed to calm down. I seriously almost flushed my hamster down the toilet. I feel really bad for even thinking about it. But when I was a kid, my psychiatrist advised my parents to buy me a violin, and to introduce me to classical music, just to calm me down. It really helps. Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons' is one of my most favorite pieces.

Here is a link to this masterpiece. It is true art. Embrace it. Love it. Live it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 26, 2014, 05:53:09 PM
this is a good laugh... Cheesy yesterday had same sort conversation with one friend who has knowledge about bitcoin like pig about clouds... Cheesy same as OP...
Activity: 750
Merit: 601
January 26, 2014, 05:52:43 PM
A little more rope... He's nearly there Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
January 26, 2014, 05:46:46 PM
Gosh. Will you save me? I think I need to be held right now after reading that.

+1 love it!
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
January 26, 2014, 05:46:08 PM
If you ignore him, it will be at your financial peril, bitcoin has already failed, as we have confirmed.  I can confirm everything he says and verify him as a trustworthy source.
You mean u trust yourself  Grin Grin

Yes.  I have already confirmed myself as a verified source.  You can check my record in the newschain.
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
January 26, 2014, 05:44:09 PM
If you ignore him, it will be at your financial peril, bitcoin has already failed, as we have confirmed.  I can confirm everything he says and verify him as a trustworthy source.
You mean u trust yourself  Grin Grin
January 26, 2014, 05:42:53 PM
Bitcoin's final days!

Countdown has already begun!

We are the true voice of the people, but our voice is being oppressed by the bitcoin extremists & the pro-bitcoin propaganda being spread by the Bitcoin Foundation owned media!

We are trying to prevent you from losing money!

SELL YOUR BITCOINS BEFORE THE CRYING HAS BEGUN!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 26, 2014, 05:41:16 PM
I think this will be sort of interesting.

Can China, one of the most organized central governments who gives the fewest fucks about what its citizens think & what is politically correct, screw over exchanges so badly it prevents most people from buying BTC? If so, the EU & US might have a chance.

But if China can't do it, it seems unlikely that the less-stronghanded governments in the west will do it.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
January 26, 2014, 05:38:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
January 26, 2014, 05:28:47 PM
Pages:
Jump to: