Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game - page 181. (Read 435353 times)

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
So, who was it that made that recent "contribution" of over 200 BTC to J-D's bankroll?

Zorro did mostly
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
So, who was it that made that recent "contribution" of over 200 BTC to J-D's bankroll?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
You didn't see anything yet. When big player was playing last month (and winning) I was down like 12%. If big players play the variance can be huge. But in the long run we should be up.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I figure I'll save myself three thousand words and post three pictures.  These show the overall site profit over various timescales.  Notice how the 2nd image clearly shows over 5 days of really quite stable profit levels.  I think that's due to people gradually winning using martingale betting while others gradually lose, using more random strategies.  Those two groups of players cancel each other out until a martingale player has a big lose, which takes us up a step:

Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
Strange. I always thought the house is always win. Some people win, but much more people lose. So, I invested some tiny BTC to check it, but after 3 days I have negative balance. So, any thoughts Huh

You didn't see anything yet. When big player was playing last month (and winning) I was down like 12%. If big players play the variance can be huge. But in the long run we should be up.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Since when? I started 0.52, but at 0.50056253 I divested all.

The house always wins, in the long run, so you can lose money in the short term. I've been negative for a bit, but I've been up for a while now.

Thats ok, but my fear is, my 0.52 won't be enough for the long run Cry

Your 0.52 BTC won't get eaten faster then 520 BTC ... all investors share the profits and the losses equally. so if you lose half, everyone loses half, and if you are up 10% everyone is up 10%.
Which is very unfair. If I invest 10x your amount, I should get 10x the profits and losses.

You do actually, read what I said carefully. Thats what "10%" means.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).

The house always wins, in the long run, so you can lose money in the short term. I've been negative for a bit, but I've been up for a while now.

Your 0.52 BTC won't get eaten faster then 520 BTC ... all investors share the profits and the losses equally. so if you lose half, everyone loses half, and if you are up 10% everyone is up 10%.
Which is very unfair. If I invest 10x your amount, I should get 10x the profits and losses.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Strange. I always thought the house is always win. Some people win, but much more people lose. So, I invested some tiny BTC to check it, but after 3 days I have negative balance. So, any thoughts Huh

I started with 0.1 (less is not worth your time imo) and have never been negative. right now I'm at ~2.5% profit
Activity: 74
It goes up and down, but most up over time
legendary
I just updated the first post in this thread with the 'base' amounts for each investor after today's commission run.

Also, there has been some confusion about the rate change from 5% to 10% that I announced last Sunday.  The rate change went into effect immediately *after* today's commission run, so all of the last 7 days since I announced the increase were charged at the old rate.

That seems like the fair way to do it, but some seemed to think that since I announced the increase an hour before last Sunday's commission run, the rate would change an hour before this Sunday's run, and so the whole week would be charged at 10%.  That's not how it works.  I only ever increase the rate after Sunday's commission run, and announce it before the previous Sunday's run to make sure there are 7 clear days of notice.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I was suspicious firstly, but now the website is working great.

The website has been working great all along. It's just that fortuna was getting drunk for a while.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I was suspicious firstly, but now the website is working great.
More than 4k btc profit Sad

I wish I did not divested.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
I've already suggested to dooglus some time ago about server side implemented martingale sequences (built-in bot). He's taking time to implement it, but it's easy to do and provably fair since you set up very specific rules for it's execution and you don't change server or client seeds. The nonce just keeps going up.
legendary
Deb and I may be offline a lot over the next 24h.

It's nothing to worry about.  We didn't run with the money.  Circumstances beyond our control, etc.

Back soon (if we even go away, that is).

46,000 BTC just moved from 14o7zMMUJkG6De24r3JkJ6USgChq7iWF86 to 1566V9UFWeydENipsrtfnz9nf2YX51aFEH

http://blockchain.info/tx/80e3ea46947fbcb61d8cd3b2d16d56be972b84cad97ce7213b467867cb44a527

Huh Huh Huh

made you look

Good one.  Smiley

Looks like we'll not be going anywhere after all, too.
Activity: 98
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).

It's nothing to worry about.  We didn't run with the money.  Circumstances beyond our control, etc.

46,000 BTC just moved from 14o7zMMUJkG6De24r3JkJ6USgChq7iWF86 to 1566V9UFWeydENipsrtfnz9nf2YX51aFEH

http://blockchain.info/tx/80e3ea46947fbcb61d8cd3b2d16d56be972b84cad97ce7213b467867cb44a527

Huh Huh Huh

made you look
legendary

It's nothing to worry about.  We didn't run with the money.  Circumstances beyond our control, etc.

Jump to: