Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 2246. (Read 5350045 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
oi Kano, what'd ya break !  Grin

Edit: I got a "This website is down" for a minute there  Cool
I did a ckdb update earlier (50 minutes ago)
During that there is a short time frame when the web gets no stats while ckdb reloads.

(Edit: looks like that wasn't the reason by your message timestamp)

Mining and validation works fine - the pool itself doesn't stop or get affected by it other than not allowing new users who aren't currently mining to connect for about 5 seconds.

As per design, this allows ckdb and the web to be changed/updated with no effect at all on the users mining.

ckpool itself also uses an advanced restart option where the miners simply see a reconnect to the pool and no down time if ckpool is restarted with a new version.

Edit2: I'll look into it - seems it might be php not always being happy talking to the linux socket (on rare occasions getting an unhandled error)
Of course it wont affect your mining at all Smiley
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
oi Kano, what'd ya break !  Grin

Edit: I got a "This website is down" for a minute there  Cool
legendary
So ckolivas  is now working on pool software. This is so interesting. I'll be watching this project to see where it goes. Kolivas has some so much for the community already, I'm sure this project is going to be promising as well.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ckpool-open-source-poolproxypassthroughredirectorlibrary-in-c-for-linux-790323 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
So ckolivas  is now working on pool software. This is so interesting. I'll be watching this project to see where it goes. Kolivas has some so much for the community already, I'm sure this project is going to be promising as well.

Not working on, made. Smiley

M
Yup, info on it is in the CKPool thread in Software section  Wink
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Impossible
Yup, everyones making me feel small now lol.. second lowest !

Edit: Lowest! Other guy has 0.00 GH right now !
legendary
New high point at the moment > 140TH Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Might point some hashrate at this to test Smiley

Once it gets up to 1 PH/s or so a second then blocks will start occurring on a more regular basis.  That will probably cause more people to come and push it up even higher.  (Myself included.)

M
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Might point some hashrate at this to test Smiley
legendary
Just shy of 50TH now, running smooth!

Edit: 56TH. . on the up and up
Yep rising over the last hour since the restart.

I also made a change to display only the 5min pool average in the top left coz while the pool is small, that number being more dynamic seems appropriate.

Before it would display the 5min pool average for the first hour after a pool restart, them drop to the 1hr pool average after that.
That seemed to cause a little confusion, so I've made it always show the 5min pool average.
Just shy of 50TH now, running smooth!

Edit: 56TH. . on the up and up
hehe just noticed that, my poor antminer had a heart attack  Grin
legendary
Server had a hiccup Sad - at least it wasn't ckpool/software or anything like that.
I of course have something monitoring it and it's back up already.

It was down for about 10 minutes - half of that was waiting for bitcoind to restart.
(the other half was working out what happened and why it wasn't online)

All good again.
Been quiet here lately,

As of the last few hours there is 38.81TH Mining here! Looking good! Payout would be pretty good amongst the current few!
Nice, my work here is already worth more than if i was on one of the big guys.. that said obviously here might take a little longer before we get lucky  Grin
legendary
Kano, are there any stats available? I'm mining under a username not a btc address.

Thanks

If you mean BTC stats? - no I've not written one to show that before a block is found.

I've got a page that generates the stats for payout - which has been used on the other pool and works fine Smiley

It's not a big change to include a ratio and estimate, I'll add that next, though I'll make it based on the current block, not the PPLNS range, since ckdb knows that already and can just spit it out on request.
I guess at the top of the Workers page would be best ... I'll do that soon.
Stats change updated.
Under workers it shows both the worker % of the current block total shares and the user % in the total
with a rough BTC estimate below the table based on if the block was found at 100% network diff
(which will be a very close estimate until after we find our first block)
legendary
What I'm referring to is updating all 3 S1/S2/S3 drivers to the latest cgminer with my modified version of the driver that does everything 'properly' Smiley
i.e. stratum rolling to reduce work generation CPU to ~15%, standard API, submitting stale nonces so p2pool blocks aren't discarded, etc.

I guess stratum rolling wasn't such a bad idea after all Smiley

Very restrictive rolling (max is 90s or less)
Not like many have done in the past of rolling the work for up to an hour or more and risking invalidating later valid blocks ...
Jump to: