Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 2243. (Read 5350045 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Oh and since you asked, (and while I'm whining about web-side bugs):

If anyone does have trouble with the web interface, of course let me know.
It's very simple of course, but it is still supposed to work correctly, so if you find any problems let me know.

I can login to the website on my phone (repeatedly, compulsively, all day long, on the bus, in line at the mini mart, and oblivious to speeding vehicles while crossing the street), but clicking on menus does not work, the clicks are totally ignored.  Tried using the iPhone's built in Mobile Safari browser as well as Chrome for IOS [emoticon face=frowney] Same problem with both browsers on the iPad Mini too [double frownie-face].

Oh, and one other thing!  (This is more of a feature request than a bug report, but...)

Instead of telling me "You're lost!" when I type kano.is into my browser, could you correct that to say:

Quote from: http://kano.is
  You're lazy!

You might even add:

Quote from: http://kano.is
  ...and I am persnickety, so I unhelpfully insist that you prefix my web address with the prerequisite triple-w's (and a dot) and press enter again, rather than, you know, redirecting you to the actual website, or anything helpful like that!

{insert wry, winking smiley here}

thanks, in advance...

-dave
Wow

=> Pool Hashrate: 226.86THs <=

Shaa... Weet.

Hey Kano, how come my payout isn't shown on the Account / Payments page?  You gonna make me start keeping my own records?  The IRS won't take "Kano never implemented that" for an answer, ya know.  Especially when the price goes TTM Real Soon Now!

thanks,

-dave, now all in, and pretty much constantly leaning on the refresh button all day at work while I should be ...er, working :-)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Do you have an ETA in which the software would allow regional servers to allow a more global system, even if not shared with other pool operators?

--->>>  We just past 200Th...  Lets get this up to 1Ph...

I've got a server on the west coast I can put this on ... as long as it's mostly pnp.

M
Activity: 71
Do you have an ETA in which the software would allow regional servers to allow a more global system, even if not shared with other pool operators?

--->>>  We just past 200Th...  Lets get this up to 1Ph...
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Any chance of dropping in % of shares or something like that in the mining by address data at http://www.kano.is/address.php?a= or http://www.kano.is/worker.php?a= ??
It'd be a nice quick and dirty look at what percentage of a block you might get.

Now after saying that, I'll go look at user stats page for registered users Smiley
Heh - that's the same "quick and dirty" I use on the workers page Smiley
That of course is only correct if you have been mining at the same rate as the current block rate for one whole N in PPLNS when we find a block
(that's actually what that cryptic comment on the bottom of the workers page means Tongue)

I'll look into it for the address pages.

Been chasing around server suppliers ... now waiting on the new server to be configured up.
legendary
Just added ~50t to the pool.

-- Would be interesting if this could be connected to another pool to help the speed up process until mature with users - EG: piggy back on P2Pool, or allow several operators of this software to share a workload.

-- I'd be willing to put these in US-East, US-West, Singapore, AMS, Ireland so there was a 'close' version to the miners.
That "concept" is in the design - not implemented yet.
Basically as mentioned in the ckpool code thread, have a concept of pool siblings.
This will tie in to the multi backend code ... whenever I get to doing that.

In reality, in mining, there's no real "sharing" of work as such.
In this case it would just be the sharing of the block payout based on the amount of work done - so sharing the information about how much work is done, to share the block reward.
But that also requires trust.
Of course each pool will validate the work done by the other pool, so that will be one of the differences between absolute trust (multiple backends) and the sibling concept.
Basically, one pool would present it's hashes to another pool as a single user (for verification) and the other pool would payout that proportion of the hashes.
.. and the reverse for both.

This, of course, is simply a way of reducing variance.

Looks like we're past 180TH now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Any chance of dropping in % of shares or something like that in the mining by address data at http://www.kano.is/address.php?a= or http://www.kano.is/worker.php?a= ??
It'd be a nice quick and dirty look at what percentage of a block you might get.

Now after saying that, I'll go look at user stats page for registered users Smiley
legendary
That's awesome.  Can't wait to see how this pays out.
Just added ~50t to the pool.

-- Would be interesting if this could be connected to another pool to help the speed up process until mature with users - EG: piggy back on P2Pool, or allow several operators of this software to share a workload.

-- I'd be willing to put these in US-East, US-West, Singapore, AMS, Ireland so there was a 'close' version to the miners.
Just moved my 5T over.  Thought I'd see what we can do.

I'm bringin' my other 2TH over tonight, so I'll be all-in for the next block.

The trail of tears on the Slush statistics page has become just too painful to bear...

-dave
Where are the servers located? - I'd be interested in helping out with this and getting you some horsepower to operate on.  PM me.

Also, are you planning on releasing this software to the public?

Good idea!

Done.

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

Thanks.
You could also put it behind cloudflare. That would help in terms of preventing some DDoS. If you need other options hit me up, I got a background in cloud architecture I can help. I am using the pool myself right now, would be nice to see it grow Cheesy

I was gonna suggest CloudFlare too.  They protect the sites of security researchers/publishers when they start getting attacked by the organized criminal botnet operators...  but I dunno how CloudFlare's ip-hopping solutions would work with a stratum pool...

-dave
Where are the servers located? - I'd be interested in helping out with this and getting you some horsepower to operate on.  PM me.

Also, are you planning on releasing this software to the public?
legendary
Just moved my 5T over.  Thought I'd see what we can do.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You could also put it behind cloudflare. That would help in terms of preventing some DDoS. If you need other options hit me up, I got a background in cloud architecture I can help. I am using the pool myself right now, would be nice to see it grow Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
6hrs later and still trouble  Angry
Seems that the host provider's ddos handling isn't that good at all either.
I'm not sure how annoyed everyone mining is but I presume at least some are (understandably)
Since, I'm surely annoyed quit a bit about the provider's inability to handle the circumstances
... and keeping my eyes glued it for almost the whole time.
The ddos isn't actually directed at the pool but to something else in the datacentre.
Check out the Azure stuff mate, pricing is good and services are rock solid. I run all my stuff on there.
legendary
6hrs later and still trouble  Angry
Seems that the host provider's ddos handling isn't that good at all either.
I'm not sure how annoyed everyone mining is but I presume at least some are (understandably)
Since, I'm surely annoyed quit a bit about the provider's inability to handle the circumstances
... and keeping my eyes glued it for almost the whole time.
The ddos isn't actually directed at the pool but to something else in the datacentre.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
What's up with the pool? It's acting up. I am guessing you guys are on it. Mining and website functions are down.
DDoS at the hosting provider...
Yeah my s1's are saying it's down. Get those bastards!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1622
Ruu \o/
What's up with the pool? It's acting up. I am guessing you guys are on it. Mining and website functions are down.
DDoS at the hosting provider...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Jump to: