Pages:
Author

Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update - page 10. (Read 70103 times)

legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
December 06, 2017, 08:40:48 PM
Bloody hell, max isn't having much luck
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 06, 2017, 04:23:56 PM
Thank you CanaryInTheMine, yes I locked my account this morning after receiving an email alerting me that I had been compromised. I created this new account to keep an open line of communication here until I recover my account. Please be suspicious of anyone contacting you from anywhere other than this account or previously used email addresses, which are safe.
Hey Max, please read Recovering hacked accounts or accounts with lost passwords and message Cyrus with the requested information. He'll be able to help you.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 03:45:21 PM
Thank you CanaryInTheMine, yes I locked my account this morning after receiving an email alerting me that I had been compromised. I created this new account to keep an open line of communication here until I recover my account. Please be suspicious of anyone contacting you from anywhere other than this account or previously used email addresses, which are safe.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
December 06, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
PLEase be aware that Kialara’s forum account has likely been compromised this morning.  Max has locked it down  until access is restored.
Could be related to 2014 hack.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
December 06, 2017, 06:55:37 AM
Another update was posted a few days ago:

12/03/2017 Update

Over the weekend I assembled all of the replacement coins I received from NWTM, and I finished installing them into their housings this evening. On Monday, after I drill the screw heads out of these bars and clean/polish them, all remaining suites will be complete. I emailed the two people whose sets were completed.

This leaves me free to now devote my time to the rest of you. When I do receive the final batch of coins from NWTM, I will work long days/nights to complete the sets and singles a number of you are still waiting on. And soon I will reveal the details of the error coins you will all be receiving for your patience.

Also, I will soon be able to better communicate with each of you on an individual basis as the number of customers still waiting gets to a smaller, manageable size for me.

I will check in with the mint tomorrow and share a new update as soon as I hear anything. I recall them saying the rest of the coins may be completed this week.

On November 22nd I asked NWTM for any photos or proof-of-life they may have of batch two’s progress. They replied:

“Hi Max,

You asked me to send you pics of the minted coins last week and I took the photos but forgot to send them to you.  Here they are (about 130 of them in the 2nd batch).  We mint more than necessary because we always lose some coins to quality control issues and the like.  By now these coins no longer look the same and will have been hand masked and gold plated.”

and shared the following photos that appear to have been taken with some sort of handmade pinhole camera or something. 😉

https://imgur.com/Kl8xZtx

https://imgur.com/99i29ei

https://imgur.com/ADa9IR4

https://imgur.com/9cGs63W
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2017, 05:42:33 PM
update from blog, sounds like progress.

"
12/01/2017 Update

Some good news. All the error coins arrived, and 30 or so re-minted coins arrived and they look great… so I will be able to complete and ship the remaining suites early next week (working on them all day today).

I will be able to complete a couple more sets as well, but still waiting for around 70-80 more coins and the mint tells me they could very possibly ship next week.

I’m happy to see progress being made, and very happy the first batch looks great! I will be working hard to get all remaining orders shipped asap.

I will be shipping the suites out as they are completed even if you are still waiting for additional sets/singles.

Stay posted.

Max-
"
Activity: 755
Merit: 501
November 24, 2017, 12:44:10 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my series.  I heard they are getting closer to shipping.  I'm sure i'll have them before xmas, and can put them up on the shelf next to the others.
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
November 19, 2017, 04:11:26 PM
Thanks MJ, and appreciated Max
November 19, 2017, 01:39:20 AM
Last i heard the new coins were being sent to him and all was getting closer to final assembly.  I'm sure we'll see a update soon.
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
November 06, 2017, 07:41:51 AM
Please can you provide an update Max

Last update published on your site, http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/

"
10/27/2017 Update

An nice update from NWTM:

The restrike for the corrected coins was delayed slightly because the mint had to order new silver and make new blanks when we kept the error coins instead of using them for a re-melt. Good news is that the new silver was received, blanks were made and your remakes have all been re-pressed/minted. I’ve seen them personally yesterday and they are correct (first thing I checked). As of now they should be getting gold plated and then enameled. I will keep you informed of more progress when I get it.

Best,

Max-
"

Ordered and paid at the end of Feb. Some people got theirs mid September. Its now the start of November. I would very much like to understand when I am likely to see mine
October 27, 2017, 12:02:42 AM
Holy awesome balls those look nice.  I can't wait to receive mine in the mail, whenever they end up shipping as a complete set.  Will look nice next to the rest of my pieces.
copper member
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
October 22, 2017, 09:31:14 PM
Keep up the hard work. Looking forward to all you future works and beginning my collection of your wonderful masterpieces!!!
Activity: 548
Merit: 788
October 17, 2017, 01:19:56 AM
10/16/2017 Update

Scroll to bottom

http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/

Oh wow.. thanks for the update.
I have an auction going for one of the suites... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2269457
Will an "error" coin be included with this?

Thanks

Hey MJ, For transparency, considering your auction ends tomorrow and to use this as an example, yes one error will be included with suite 13. I have the Two Bitcoin and 500,000 bits bars completed, and I sent back the 100,000 bits coin for a better one. So because this suite is missing one bar, included with the completed three-piece suite will be one additional error coin.

Each error coin(s) is already assigned to its new owner based on what serial was assigned to them pre-delivery of the coins. Because I'm not sharing the details of this error or how many are assigned to who yet, I advise potential bidders not to give too much consideration to the error, but just think of it as a sweet bonus. It was a simple mistake by the mint. They are not physically deformed in any way... in fact it's hard to spot the error at first glance.

When I get the coins from the mint, the suites will be the first to ship, followed by sets and then singles.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
October 16, 2017, 11:50:44 PM
Glad to hear things are moving along and a priority has been taken for quality of the remaining bars.  These error bars will definitely be special.  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
10/16/2017 Update

Scroll to bottom

http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/
Activity: 166
Merit: 170
In memory of Zepher
October 13, 2017, 01:23:04 AM
Looking back, kinda of glad I bought these with USD.  Smiley     Bitcoin is on a tear right now.  WHYYYY Didn't I fund those .1 BTC pieces back when it was $25   lol
I have an original that is funded prior to the big split (Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash) Smiley.
October 12, 2017, 11:56:53 PM
Looking back, kinda of glad I bought these with USD.  Smiley     Bitcoin is on a tear right now.  WHYYYY Didn't I fund those .1 BTC pieces back when it was $25   lol
Activity: 166
Merit: 170
In memory of Zepher
October 11, 2017, 05:22:32 PM
I was told to expect the coins from the mint any day now - finger's crossed everyone.

If any of you are at Block Con today stop by my table to say hello!

https://imgur.com/b1A9DuY
Wooo! Can't wait until I get my hands on the moon series!

I wish I got tickets to Block Con Sad.

Best,
Mel
October 11, 2017, 05:10:52 PM
I was told to expect the coins from the mint any day now - finger's crossed everyone.

If any of you are at Block Con today stop by my table to say hello!

https://imgur.com/b1A9DuY
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
October 07, 2017, 09:54:38 PM
I know guys I feel terrible about all of this. I feel let down by almost every one of my suppliers. I'm trying to stay optimistic and at the same time am dreading having to go through any or all of these issues in the future. I can say I have done everything within my power, including going way over budget on every aspect of this project. I am shipping what I can, and while you might see someone with 10 moon bars already in hand, they are more than likely waiting for 10 more. This project has taken every ounce of my energy to complete and I won't rest until it is finished. The latest word from the mint is that the replacement coins have been struck and are currenty being enameled. I'm tired of waiting just like those of you who still are.

You’ve got far more going on in your pieces than in any coin (crypto or not ) I’ve ever seen. My first ever bitcoin collectable and still my favorite. Also agree w/Kryptowerk..really don’t want this to give you doubts for the future. Thx for all the updates.
Pages:
Jump to: