Pages:
Author

Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update - page 8. (Read 70103 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Has someone opened a kialara? I'm curious to see what the note with the private key is like, how it is printed, size, etc. Has anyone explored? or are there images about this?  Huh

There's a picture of a cracked one out there somewhere. I think maybe Max shared it. I'll try and find it for you when I find some time a bit later on.
copper member
Activity: 784
Merit: 53
Decentralized Internet
Has someone opened a kialara? I'm curious to see what the note with the private key is like, how it is printed, size, etc. Has anyone explored? or are there images about this?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
Hope everyone reading this is doing great. Just wanted to poke my head in and share that I'm getting closer with the cases I've been working on. The 2014-2016 case design is complete and samples approved for production. The smaller 2017-2018 cases are being redesigned in the same fashion as the larger cases (without the thumbhole in the top/bottom sides), and I'll continue doing all I can to begin shipping these in June. The TPU material is really good now in terms of transparency, staying closed and being soft enough to protect the delicate and reflective metal finishes.

I will post an update here when these become available. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Sample pics: https://imgur.com/a/yci4xAP

Regarding the small number of Hydra bars remaining, I unfortunately ran out of good quality retaining rings to complete them, but they are on order. I'm planning on reopening sales for these in a few weeks and will post an update here on bitcointalk first when I do.

Am feeling excited to get back to work on some fun, new projects  Cheesy

Max-

They are great Max! great job  Grin

Will there be new kialara 2019 collection?

Can we buy those boxes for our kialaras?  Huh
It would be important to be able to access to buy those cases, for our bars

thanks

I'm thinking he's about to do another signature series release.   Or another custom piece.   I doubt we will get a silver series piece this early in the year but if I am wrong I will be pleasantly surprised.
copper member
Decentralized Internet
Hope everyone reading this is doing great. Just wanted to poke my head in and share that I'm getting closer with the cases I've been working on. The 2014-2016 case design is complete and samples approved for production. The smaller 2017-2018 cases are being redesigned in the same fashion as the larger cases (without the thumbhole in the top/bottom sides), and I'll continue doing all I can to begin shipping these in June. The TPU material is really good now in terms of transparency, staying closed and being soft enough to protect the delicate and reflective metal finishes.

I will post an update here when these become available. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Regarding the small number of Hydra bars remaining, I unfortunately ran out of good quality retaining rings to complete them, but they are on order. I'm planning on reopening sales for these in a few weeks and will post an update here on bitcointalk first when I do.

Max-

They are great Max! great job  Grin

Will there be new kialara 2019 collection?

Can we buy those boxes for our kialaras?  Huh
It would be important to be able to access to buy those cases, for our bars

thanks
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
Those cases look amazing. Well done Kialara, can't wait to get my hands on them (and the boxes as well).
Hox
Activity: 751
Merit: 296
The cases look great, can't wait to put my bars in them. Once they're properly protected I will be a lot more comfortable showing them off to people. Will the boxes be available too?

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.

Max-

Super yummy casings and nice box.
My bars are in dear need for them! Thaks for the update.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
^
didn't read it yet

but note me for the next round

all different pieces Cheesy please THX Grin

edit: gonna read your post now ......

edit: I was very late know with the KIALARA pieces but love your work, keep up doing the great work

cheers
Activity: 548
Merit: 788

Max-
legendary
February 07, 2019, 08:16:32 AM
Thank you for answering that Max, well done with the series and thanks for getting mine out in time for Christmas.   Now get some sleep.

Also, I’m looking forward to those acrylic cases.   Right now I’m to afraid to put my pieces on display, but when the cases come available I’ll be less afraid to take them out. 
February 06, 2019, 11:02:33 PM
Do you have an estimated date when you will make the emerald singles available for sale?

To attempt to better answer your question, Rmc, the Hydra release came down to the final month of 2018 - and after weeks of pushing my limits I burned myself out. All coins have been assembled since late last year, but the few that remain still need to go into their housings. Cleaning & grading the parts I receive and discarding many is probably the most tedious part of what I do, even with occasional help. This has always been a struggle.

While my site lists the Hydra as sold out, I do have roughly 20 or so diamond hydras and 20 emerald hydras left - all with serials above 125. This is also assuming I have enough A-quality retaining rings in stock, as more than 50% of the pieces I last ordered have been graded B, C, etc. and are unusable. It would also be easiest for me to sell them as sets, but I will most likely sell them individually as I've mentioned - as this would likely benefit a higher number of my customers. I will also likely limit sales to one of each per shipping address - more work and shipping expense for me, but at a manageable quantity.

I am working for these to become available to you and others as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Max-
February 05, 2019, 02:08:30 AM
Do you have an estimated date when you will make the emerald singles available for sale?

Hi Rmc, I will provide a more detailed response tomorrow/Wednesday at some point. I've been out of town visiting family the last 10 days and just returned home today.

It won't be much longer though.
legendary
February 01, 2019, 05:49:37 PM
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
January 15, 2019, 03:27:55 PM
I'm very pleased to see progress being made on the protective cases. I'm looking forward to storing my pieces in them Grin.
Hox
Activity: 751
Merit: 296
January 15, 2019, 02:53:01 AM

Looks great, will the cases for the older bars be ready at the same time?
January 14, 2019, 09:13:16 PM
@BTCcollector19 awesome thanks for sharing!

@themerceny, glad you are happy with your set and soon to arrive suite. Thanks again.

@ezeminer & AT101ET thanks for answering those ?’s for me.

regarding the cases, the new design has a thinner surface on the front and back - the thicker the material the more opaque - so instead of maybe 90% transparency on V1, V2 is closer to 100%. Also added a simple locking mechanism as I was worried the weight of some of my bars might be too much for the pressure-fit design of V1. The sample has been completed and I’m told the TPU material functions as I designed them, so am happy to hear that. Still some time before they become available, but should be early this year. I went with the TPU over a hard plastic to prevent the delicate mirror-finish on some of my work from being scratched up, which added some challenges with the production.

Locking mechanism:

Here are some photos my manufacturer just shared with me. I should be receiving this V2 sample soon for approval.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
December 24, 2018, 06:45:51 AM
3) It has been explained that security measures used by Matt to print the private key?
Has it manifested itself in any way, or has it said that it does not keep behind these private keys? I would like to know if there is any url where I talk about it ...  Huh
Usually security measures are not revealed, thus trial and error is the only way. Finally, The only way to truly know if the private keys are there is by destroying the piece.

I’m not sure if this still applies but see here for the original series: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2e32dg/as_an_artist_and_collector_of_casascius_coins_i/
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
December 23, 2018, 10:00:01 PM
1) in the web of kialara in the bars says: Kialara Coins are shipped un-funded with a balance of zero Bitcoins. Please do not load more than the face value to the address provided with your coin.
- why can not you recharge more than the kialara bar?
- what happens if my bar puts 100,000 bits and I input 1 btc?  Huh
You can load it with more. It's just preferred that you load with only face value. This is because other products have been overloaded in the past which doesn't add value other than the coin loaded.

2) The only way to open the kialara bar is by breaking the tempered glass. at the ?  Shocked
You just break it completely, thus destroying the art which was the intended design.

3) It has been explained that security measures used by Matt to print the private key?
Has it manifested itself in any way, or has it said that it does not keep behind these private keys? I would like to know if there is any url where I talk about it ...  Huh
Usually security measures are not revealed, thus trial and error is the only way. Finally, The only way to truly know if the private keys are there is by destroying the piece.
copper member
Decentralized Internet
December 23, 2018, 05:28:27 PM
Hello kialara lovers, I love these works of art.
I get a series of questions that are sure to help many other users like me.   Huh

1) in the web of kialara in the bars says: Kialara Coins are shipped un-funded with a balance of zero Bitcoins. Please do not load more than the face value to the address provided with your coin.
- why can not you recharge more than the kialara bar?
- what happens if my bar puts 100,000 bits and I input 0,11 btc?  Huh

2) The only way to open the kialara bar is by breaking the tempered glass. at the ?  Shocked

Has it manifested itself in any way, or has it said that it does not keep behind these private keys? I would like to know if there is any url where I talk about it ...  Huh

copper member
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
December 22, 2018, 06:53:01 PM
Nice! I can't wait to receive mine!!

Thanks again for all the amazing work you do Max! Glad i was able to start my collection and looking forward to adding more!
Pages:
Jump to: