Pages:
Author

Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update - page 9. (Read 70103 times)

copper member
Activity: 217
Merit: 37
HODLer of last resort
December 22, 2018, 05:55:07 PM
New Kialara's arrived today!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

They're stunning.  Photos don't do them justice.

https://imgur.com/a/rbf8nX0

https://imgur.com/IZnxwuH

Thanks Max!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
December 22, 2018, 01:17:26 PM
Can't wait for my Set to arrive! Job well done Max!
Activity: 765
Merit: 283
December 16, 2018, 02:28:46 AM
The new designs look amazing. For anyone who missed it they're available here now.

Any updates on the cases for these and the older Kialara's?

edit: just noticed this at the bottom of the description:

Custom protective cases for these and past designs will become available in the springtime, as new molds with modifications were necessary after not being completely satisfied with the look or functionality of V1.

So already sold out? People are bying in bulk to sell the max price i guess  Angry
Hox
Activity: 751
Merit: 296
December 15, 2018, 04:43:05 PM
The new designs look amazing. For anyone who missed it they're available here now.

Any updates on the cases for these and the older Kialara's?

edit: just noticed this at the bottom of the description:

Custom protective cases for these and past designs will become available in the springtime, as new molds with modifications were necessary after not being completely satisfied with the look or functionality of V1.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
December 15, 2018, 01:01:34 PM
Nice job on the new stuff Max! I love the design.   If I get them in time to put under the tree you will be a Christmas hero. 
Activity: 548
Merit: 788
October 09, 2018, 02:56:12 PM
Thank you, bavi.
copper member
Activity: 1848
Merit: 254
October 09, 2018, 02:23:08 PM
Hi all, a few updates:

I'm still awaiting some parts for the 2018 Kialara but assembly should begin at some point later this month. Excited to share.

The cases I had produced... I was not completely satisfied with the pressure-locking functionality and I submitted a revised drawing and should receive a new sample in a few weeks after the new molds have been completed.

And happy to share this photo of these guys mixing concrete for the footing of a new Haven functioning beehive sculpture being installed in Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical garden. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of this project.

https://imgur.com/o87XIaH

Max-

Thanks for the update Max,
can't wait for those capsules and new 2018 kialara Shocked

Cheers
October 09, 2018, 02:03:38 PM
Hi all, a few updates:

I'm still awaiting some parts for the 2018 Kialara but assembly should begin at some point later this month. Excited to share.

The cases I had produced... I was not completely satisfied with the pressure-locking functionality and I submitted a revised drawing and should receive a new sample in a few weeks after the new molds have been completed.

And happy to share this photo of these guys mixing concrete for the footing of a new Haven functioning beehive sculpture being installed in Powell Gardens, Kansas City's botanical garden. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of this project.

https://imgur.com/o87XIaH

Max-
Activity: 755
Merit: 501
Yea i'm fairly certain there is already another project in the works, or at least in his mind, planning it out.  Looking forward to whatever it is.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Haven't seen any activity for a while, just wondering if all is well and when we might get word of some new Kialara projects.  I'm lined up and ready to go on just about anything that Max has to offer.
January 07, 2018, 03:56:44 AM
Let us know what you think of them when you receive them.  Hopefully all are starting to slowly receive their sets and hold onto them for a while. 
legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
January 02, 2018, 11:08:57 AM
Still dont have mine, but at least they are in the right country. looking at the tracking, so hopefully soon

Max - what kind of values did you use for customs declarations ? (just so I know when they try and sting me. and can - hopefully - argue my case)
December 28, 2017, 10:16:57 PM
Welcome back Max, glad you got your account back.  Just wanted to say the Suite I received is looking mighty fine on the shelf with the rest of your pieces.  Thanks again.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
December 22, 2017, 06:35:23 PM
Hi all, wanted to share that I received my account back. Thank you to those who helped me with that.

Also, I've been working long hours each day this week to fill all of the outstanding moon orders, and have been shipping each day. I will continue assembly tomorrow, and will email each person still awaiting their order tomorrow night with an ETA. More tracking numbers coming also tonight and throughout the day tomorrow.

Excellent, removed temp feedback.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
December 22, 2017, 08:45:07 AM
Welcome back Max, glad you your account back!
December 22, 2017, 01:20:09 AM
Hi all, wanted to share that I received my account back. Thank you to those who helped me with that.

Also, I've been working long hours each day this week to fill all of the outstanding moon orders, and have been shipping each day. I will continue assembly tomorrow, and will email each person still awaiting their order tomorrow night with an ETA. More tracking numbers coming also tonight and throughout the day tomorrow.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
December 21, 2017, 10:14:23 AM
New update from blog : http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/

12/19/2017 Update

Today I began shipping the remaining sets, along with the error coins that belong to those sets. I mailed out around 10 orders, and have already emailed tracking info for these orders.

I have around a dozen orders left to fill and will be shipping each day until I am finished. When the sets have all shipped, I will begin shipping singles to a few of you still waiting on those.

As previously disclosed, I returned 130 of the original moon coins because of poor quality. NWTM then re-minted all 130 of these coins using the wrong reverse die. The die they used is the reverse die for my signature series coins… just a blank circle with a recess for a QR code.

Each error coin will be identical, without serials and without public/private keys. They will be the only Kialara pieces released that can be graded by ANACS or similar. I did consider adding serials/keys, but quickly decided against it due to lack of time, the risk of something going wrong with engraving, not wanting non-denominated wallets in circulation, not wanting to make everyone wait even longer, lack of holograms due to only 10% of the ones I ordered being of good quality, and because these were not meant to be in circulation. And if I add serials or keys for one person, then I would need to add them for everyone – so this decision must stand. I acquired these strictly as a small gift, at my own expense, to give to those who have had to wait the longest for their bars. With just 130 of these coins in existence, the only smaller edition I’ve released is my 1BTC golds.

I will finish this update with a message I received from my account executive at NWTM:

“I know this order has been especially challenging and I’m sorry about all the difficulties. It was just a very difficult design with lots of moving parts and then there appears to have been some sort of curse attached to it also (we had so many scrap pieces, the error coin debacle, people out sick that delayed production significantly, etc.). This is the kind of coin that I can tell stories about but it is very beautiful and I loved being a part of it!”

To those still awaiting their order, I will be contacting you each individually this week with an eta.

Best,

Max-

‘To the Moon’ Error Coin: https://imgur.com/vu8DylF
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
December 13, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
Another update from blog: http://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/
<<
12/11/2017 Update

All of the remaining re-minted coins arrived today. I’ve already started working on the remaining orders, and will resume shipping early next week. The new coins look great, and I will work to have these in everyone’s hands by Christmas – that’s the goal.

I will reveal the details of the error coins here next Tuesday as they will begin to arrive in peoples hands. That will be my next update… and some of you will be receiving tracking numbers on this same day.

Stay tuned.

Max-
>>
December 10, 2017, 01:34:29 AM
Got my set, very impressed with the quality.  They are slightly smaller than the others but look great on the shelf. 
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 01:41:44 AM
Thanks for the link Mitchell, I do hope I froze the account before any harm could be caused to anyone. My password was complex and unique to my other accounts, but I guess not complex enough, and it's been the same since 2014. I've been targeted in other ways, including having my phone number stolen from me earlier this year in a phone-porting attack. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/business/dealbook/phone-hack-bitcoin-virtual-currency.html

Bloody hell, max isn't having much luck

Monkeynuts, I did receive some good news today along with the bad. Tomorrow 65 of the moon coins will be shipping to me, and early next week the remaining 30 or so. I'll try to post a new update to my blog this weekend, but I can say now that I will be working all day Saturday and Sunday on assembly.

Conducting this entire release and working with my numerous suppliers has been a marathon, and I'm just happy that it's coming to an end soon. A lot of work from many individuals went into creating each one of these bars, and I'm grateful to everyone who worked together to fix all of the issues that occurred. And when you see the photo of NWTM's enameler at work you can really appreciate the detail that goes into producing these. Much respect for whomever this is:  https://imgur.com/EBHEbnF
Pages:
Jump to: