Pages:
Author

Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update - page 6. (Read 70103 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242
December 12, 2019, 07:29:34 PM
Love what you do (honestly), but 2BTC or $14,000.00+ for a wallet is INSANE!!  Sorry to be the one to say it, as I am sure plenty of us here are thinking it.....  Then on top of it I'd be forced to put a significant amount of BTC on them as well.  You may have overthought this one sir!! 

As beautiful as they are, I personally would NEVER even consider one of these for those prices. 

Best of luck with this sale.
this isn't a wallet.  its art with btc on it.  there are plenty of wallets available for that specific function.
Ricky Allman will be one of American great painters in our life time (he is already but less known today)
his art, which is what these are, is going to be worth a ton.

these are not serials 1-10 either.  you’re offered a 1/1 piece of art merged with bitcoin. a singular item.
these are designed for art collectors and misunderstood.
but, yeah, it’s not cheap as a result and thats probably by design.
They MIGHT be worth a lot of money...... and I'm willing to bet my 2BTC that I don't spend on the "art" outperforms said art!  Would you like to take that bet CITM?? 
Activity: 1736
Merit: 440
December 12, 2019, 06:24:45 PM
Love what you do (honestly), but 2BTC or $14,000.00+ for a wallet is INSANE!!  Sorry to be the one to say it, as I am sure plenty of us here are thinking it.....  Then on top of it I'd be forced to put a significant amount of BTC on them as well.  You may have overthought this one sir!! 

As beautiful as they are, I personally would NEVER even consider one of these for those prices. 

this isn't a wallet.  its art with btc on it.  there are plenty of wallets available for that specific function.
Ricky Allman will be one of American great painters in our life time (he is already but less known today)

these are not serials 1-10 either.  you’re offered a 1/1 piece of art merged with bitcoin. a singular item.

I am with canary as far as Ricky Allman's talent and agree he will be one of the great painters of our lifetime. 
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
December 12, 2019, 05:25:00 PM

copper member
Activity: 784
Merit: 53
Decentralized Internet
December 12, 2019, 03:20:10 PM

Totally agree with your words. It's exactly what I think. I didn't want to be the first to say it but it's the reality.

I think there are many new pieces.
I don't doubt the work of art and the great work.

good luck in the sale!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242
December 12, 2019, 12:39:25 PM

Activity: 304
Merit: 102
December 12, 2019, 12:24:11 PM
Good luck.
Activity: 765
Merit: 283
December 12, 2019, 03:33:27 AM
OMG, these bars are true artworks, very nice.
These will be held in gallery's later, for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
December 12, 2019, 02:53:01 AM
Does the edition size mean 30 sets or 30 pieces in total (3 full sets)?
Merit: 501
https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas
December 11, 2019, 11:02:28 PM
What great looking kialaras as usual.. So just to clarify, these 10 kialaras together are for 2 btc?
each

Holy smokes.. way out of my league..
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
December 11, 2019, 10:52:22 PM
What great looking kialaras as usual.. So just to clarify, these 10 kialaras together are for 2 btc?
each
https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas
December 11, 2019, 10:41:18 PM
Activity: 548
Merit: 788
December 11, 2019, 10:28:59 PM
Price per messenger: 2 BTC

Thread / Email do not match. Can you clarify which is correct Max?

Absolutely stunning release. My eyes have been glued to the album since your post. Well done.

Thanks teeGUMES, appreciate it! 'funding not included' is correct. It's 2btc plus the denominated 1.5625btc which goes into escrow and is refunded to the bar upon it's arrival. And I'm overnight expressing any US orders tomorrow so these can be in your hands and funded as early as Friday.
legendary
Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203
December 11, 2019, 10:05:32 PM

Thread / Email do not match. Can you clarify which is correct Max?

Absolutely stunning release. My eyes have been glued to the album since your post. Well done.
December 11, 2019, 08:40:26 PM
Good news on the cases, they are all in hand and I plan to begin shipping next week. Look for an email and post here regarding this soon.

Secondly, I'll share the email I just sent out here... pics in the link at the bottom.

Ricky Allman x Kialara

Dear friends:

A long time coming, but I’m happy to announce it’s that time again. This has been by far the most labor-intensive and time-consuming series to date and I’m very excited to finally share the latest.

Announcing Kialara Messengers, a special collaboration with world-renowned artist Ricky Allman. Allman’s vivid futuristic dreamscape paintings have been featured in The Los Angeles Times, Vice, Harpers, Harvard Business Review, La Nación (Paraguay) and The Independent (UK).

Edition Size: 30
Artist Proofs: 10 

For Messengers, Allman has created a series of paintings that act, in his words, as “self-portraits, aspirational portraits, psychological portraits and portraits of fear.” He continues: “Many of my portraits exhibit a sense of stress or anxiety, reflecting the current mood of our country and throughout the world. A combination of thrill and excitement for the future and a deep dread about the horrors of our present being magnified rather than pacified by technology. Climate change, authoritarian state-sanctioned violence and poverty and total surveillance collide with self-replicating architecture, a global network, record-long lifespans and the eventual cyborgization of humanity. We are accelerating ever quicker into an increasingly chaotic future, and I’m attempting to embody all of that into the more recognizable form of a human face.”

ASSEMBLY
Allman’s original paintings are incorporated into an innovative new multi-part assembly of precision-machined SUS304 stainless steel, permanently bonded at each layer with J-B weld two-part formula, and meticulously constructed with a proprietary combination of thoughtful security and design features:

Cerakote Ceramic Coating
The precision-machined SUS304 stainless steel case is sandblasted and hand-painted a Stormtrooper-white Cerakote finish. Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, hardness and impact strength. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real-world applications.

99.95% 1mm-thick Pure Tungsten barriers
Manufactured via pressing and sintering, then cut to size with an industrial waterjet.

Aluminum Wing-Shaped Centerpiece
Houses both a printed/ink and hand-penciled backup copy of the private key needed to access the bitcoin inside. Both copies of the keys are sealed behind an additional layer of Tungsten. A coating of clear silicone glue bonds the Tungsten to the security glass below and prevents the poured resin from touching the key compartments.

.80mm-thick Tempered Mineral Glass Crystal
Each artwork is backed by a layer of high-strength Tungsten, behind which stands this small circle of tempered mineral glass. Any attempt to cut or drill the crystal will shatter it, giving clear, immediate indication of tampering.

0.5mm Magnetized Balls
Thousands of high-precision anticorrosive stainless steel balls (typically produced for spaceflight industry) in the smallest size available are slightly magnetized, to help them loop over the aluminum key holder and cluster throughout the enclosure in unique and interesting patterns.

Each of the original works has a denominated value equal to a full bitcoin block - either one, two or three decades from now. Today I’m unveiling the first ten ‘messengers’, each denominated 1.5625 btc - bitcoin’s block reward value in the year 2030.

In order to allow this art to achieve its purpose while staying within regulatory guidance, priority will be given to those wishing to fund these via escrow, and this will begin as a private sale for these reasons.

Inquire by replying to this email to discuss availability and payment/escrow arrangements. Each messengers unique ID corresponds with the last two characters of their public key.

Additional photos and more here: https://imgur.com/a/0Lmu6mN
copper member
Activity: 784
Merit: 53
Decentralized Internet
September 30, 2019, 03:34:59 PM
Thanks Max we look forward to those cases this year 2019 !! hehe  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
September 30, 2019, 02:36:14 PM
Hi everyone, wanted to share another update on these cases... my manufacturer ran into an unexpected issue with the TPU material they used to make the cases and sent me this photo... which was disappointing but I did have a laugh when I saw it: https://i.imgur.com/6WjGuGG.png

They just shared that they corrected this and are remaking them - and TheNewAnon, I'll share the specs as soon as I have everything in hand. It really shouldn't be much longer.

Once they are ready, I have decided to offer these domestically at no cost outside of a flat priority mail shipping rate. My thinking is that I will ask for my customers to send me a photo of their bar(s) along with their preferred mailing address... and I will mail a case for each bar in their photo. I will need to figure out how to handle the international orders in the best way, perhaps by offering some kind of incentive to a reshipper in the EU and other locations, but I want to offer you/them the same deal - shipping expense only.

I did redesign each of these cases once, and had to pay for new molds each time - at $2k per side = $4k per case mold x 4 molds = $16k just on mold fees not including the parts... and I'm mentioning this because I will be asking MJ to host/auction a funded Hydra suite of mine to help absorb some of these costs.

And again, I will send out an email along with instructions for ordering as soon as the cases become available.

Thank you, all.

That's very kind of you! Did you have the time to measure those outer dimensions yet? Grin.
Activity: 755
September 30, 2019, 01:37:16 PM
Back catching up on this thread.  Looks like things are progressing nicely. 
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
September 23, 2019, 04:30:36 PM
Good things take time. Keep up the good work Max! Smiley
September 23, 2019, 04:09:34 PM

I did redesign each of these cases once, and had to pay for new molds each time - at $2k per side = $4k per case mold x 4 molds = $16k just on mold fees not including the parts... and I'm mentioning this because I will be asking MJ to host/auction a funded Hydra suite of mine to help absorb some of these costs.

The auction is now live: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5186777

Happy bidding everyone!! Cool

ChiBitCTy, I remember your post back then helped push me to develop these  Cool

Crazy it's been two years since then.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
September 21, 2019, 02:48:37 PM
Thanks, LC.

I'll just be happy once these have been delivered to me and after I've distributed them... developing these was a learning experience, and I never imagined it would take as long as it has - or I may have kept the endeavor under wraps longer.

At least they’ve come to fruition..I posted on here asking about kialara cases over 2 years ago now so waiting a bit longer is no biggie. Very cool of you to offer them like this Max. Much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: