Pages:
Author

Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary - page 9. (Read 435331 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hello
I had received 10 3256 chip from Avalon.

I must realize 10 K1 usb stick or I can also build k2 with only 10 chip?

Thanks

Hi,

No need to build 10 K1's. You can assemble 10 chips on a K16 (5 to each side), and then just change the Chipcount value in firmware to 10 and you will be good.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello
I had received 10 3256 chip from Avalon.

I must realize 10 K1 usb stick or I can also build k2 with only 10 chip?

Thanks
Zipiju,

But I think there is everything you need to manufacture K16.
But if you are unsure of something, just ask.

Does this mean you have successfully tested the board design and that you have it hashing successfully?  If so It would be AWESOME to see some pics.  I've sent the GERBER files and BOM off to a trusted board house I use here in the US and I'm ready to do a full reel run as soon as you say testing is complete and you've had success hashing with the current cgminer version.  Hope all is well.

H@shKraker

No, I was talking about the original design.
I'm still waiting for the PCBs. I'll let you all know as soon as they arrive.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Zipiju,

But I think there is everything you need to manufacture K16.

Does this mean you have successfully tested the board design and that you have it hashing successfully?  If so It would be AWESOME to see some pics.  I've sent the GERBER files and BOM off to a trusted board house I use here in the US and I'm ready to do a full reel run as soon as you say testing is complete and you've had success hashing with the current cgminer version.  Hope all is well.

H@shKraker
Zipiju,

I don't know if I sent you this update but I found Mouser and Digikey parts for headers J3,J5 and J4  that were coming out of Tiawan (4Uconn I think).  Here's that info if I haven't already sent it your way ->

Part ID:  J3,J5
Original Part No.: 14112
ALTERNATE MFG P/N (Mouser.com): 649-95278-101A04LF

Part ID:  J4
Original Part No.: 11182
ALTERNATE MFG P/N (Digikey.com): S1133E-03-ND

This all means that we have most of the BOM parts coming from and priced by Mouser, one BOM part coming from Digikey and a 2500 chip reel from Avalon.  WooHoo  Shocked !!!

H@shKraker

I'll modify the BOM. Thanks.
Hi
I have just download entire project from github and have 2 question:

1)The firmware is update at latest version?

2) Can you post more complete documentation? The one in the project is incomplete

Thanks and happy new year

The firmware at the Git is the latest available.
About the documentation, currently no plans here to do some mods to that. But I think there is everything you need to manufacture K16.
Zipiju

should i ingore the drc errors on the PIC & IR3895 in kicad when checking ?

I have no DRC errors on the PIC, but there are some unconnected pads on the USB connector, two on GND ferrite beads and one on each vreg. And yes, you can ignore those.
Activity: 56
Hi
I have just download entire project from github and have 2 question:

1)The firmware is update at latest version?

2) Can you post more complete documentation? The one in the project is incomplete

Thanks and happy new year

Activity: 16
Zipiju

should i ingore the drc errors on the PIC & IR3895 in kicad when checking ?
Zipiju,

I know you're not US domestic BUT here's the part I plan to use for my heat-sink solution -> http://www.heatsinkusa.com/3-500/ .  That part is the proper width *AND* one can order it to any length they choose.  Heck, that outfit will even custom cut and tap-N-thread holes for mounting and do cutouts for through hole solder clearance if you like.

H@shKraker
Zipiju,

I don't know if I sent you this update but I found Mouser and Digikey parts for headers J3,J5 and J4  that were coming out of Tiawan (4Uconn I think).  Here's that info if I haven't already sent it your way ->

Part ID:  J3,J5
Original Part No.: 14112
ALTERNATE MFG P/N (Mouser.com): 649-95278-101A04LF

Part ID:  J4
Original Part No.: 11182
ALTERNATE MFG P/N (Digikey.com): S1133E-03-ND

This all means that we have most of the BOM parts coming from and priced by Mouser, one BOM part coming from Digikey and a 2500 chip reel from Avalon.  WooHoo  Shocked !!!

H@shKraker

Activity: 546
Merit: 255
This got my interest. Would like to know how much boards are.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl
@Zipiju : i noticed you made changes to github repo ; and news about the progress ?  Are you still using the klondike board as it exists for the avalon gen 1?

I just fixed couple of Kicad related stuff, no changes in schematics or PCBs, plus I updated BOM for old K16 and added BOM for the K16 for 55nm Avalons.
About the Gen2 board, I'm still waiting for the PCBs. It probably will take a little longer to arrive, because of christmas.
And in a meantime, I'm working on a mod with IR3847 - footprint, part and schematics are done. Now the last thing is to modify the PCB.
Sweet please keep us updated hope you can test the boards pretty soon and thanks for all your work and insists
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl
QualitySeeds,

I just sent you a PM.  Let me know what you think.

H@shKraker
Will get back to you raising funds on this moment
Zipiju,

Thank you for your hard work.  Merry Christmas.

H@shKraker
@Zipiju : i noticed you made changes to github repo ; and news about the progress ?  Are you still using the klondike board as it exists for the avalon gen 1?

I just fixed couple of Kicad related stuff, no changes in schematics or PCBs, plus I updated BOM for old K16 and added BOM for the K16 for 55nm Avalons.
About the Gen2 board, I'm still waiting for the PCBs. It probably will take a little longer to arrive, because of christmas.
And in a meantime, I'm working on a mod with IR3847 - footprint, part and schematics are done. Now the last thing is to modify the PCB.
@Zipiju : i noticed you made changes to github repo ; and news about the progress ?  Are you still using the klondike board as it exists for the avalon gen 1?
Zipiju,

Looking at the datasheets there are FOR SURE parts changes and a couple of additions.  This might be a worthy adventure for a second generation of these boards .... but NOT right now for *THIS* iteration.  What you think?  Heck, I'll even draw the part if you like  Grin

H@shKraker
Zipiju,

Would using a IR3847 as as opposed to an IR3895 make pushing fully populated with 16 Avalons K16s-55 boards to full "turbo" mode possible?

H@shKraker

Probably, but it would be a bigger modifiaction than just the one that I made. Thus it would be more prone to errors.
it's 25A ; putting two on the board makes 50A ; for 16 chips at 2000ma draw ; enough buffer to overclock ...

PCB will change .. but might be worth it... i'm happy to experiment with it though!
Pages:
Jump to: