Pages:
Author

Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary - page 8. (Read 435331 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
It would be very nice and helpfull to have all this parts in a KIT form. Of course this is not a task for novice users and better bring the KIT to the pro's.
I 'm interesting if someone has it in a KIT form but also i'm interesting even for PCB only.
TIA
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
if people are interested in a KIT verison .. maybe it's not a bad idea to pre-order kits .. and to bring the part prices down ..

what should the KIT contain ?

pcb + parts + avalons + cooling fan + heatsink

or also other parts such as a PIC programmer.. etc..
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
The up to date versions are at https://github.com/zipiju/klondike

Thank you for imidiate answer. One more thing. Is it any KIT available with all parts and PCB (except avalon chips) paid by us $ or euro's.
Thank you again  Smiley

I don't know about any.

Thank you for imidiate answer. One more thing. Is it any KIT available with all parts and PCB (except avalon chips) paid by us $ or euro's.
Thank you again  Smiley
Hello

in K1 schematic there are 2 NOR PORT (U6) and 2 NOT PORT (U7).

Why not use the other 2 NOR in U6 transforming it in NOT PORT?

Thanks

The two NORs are used to extract the clock signal from data signal and delay it behind the data one. The two NOTs are used just to sharpen them up. It's basically the same design as in the K16.
I'm not sure you can do the same with two NOTs instead of two NORs. Never thought about it, since it's working OK.
Is it possible to inform me where i can find the latest bugless version of this K16 project? It's diifficult to search so many threads.
Also i want to know if someone has it as a KIT. I have 18 avalon chips to test Smiley
TIA

How is it going with testing of last PCB version for 55nm Avalon?
Is anybody have assembled K16 Gen.2 version?

DHL called me like 2 hours ago, that the PCBs are in the country. Now the package has to go through the customs, so I'm expecting them delivered at the beginning of the next week.

Grin That's great.

BTY, Can I ask something about klondike firmware?

In klondike.h, at define section. there is an constant "21.33uS" in the comment.

It is 0.00002133 sec.

what means that?

Where 0.00002133 is come from?

I would say it's based on a PIC freq. (48MHz) and some prescaler value, so basically something like 1/(48x106/some value). And it would be the time it takes the Timer0 in the PIC to do one click.

DHL called me like 2 hours ago, that the PCBs are in the country. Now the package has to go through the customs, so I'm expecting them delivered at the beginning of the next week.
Sounds like music in my ears :-)

Is the BOM fully updated sow i can order the Mouser parts ?..

And if anyone would like to buy Gen2 Chips please sent me a PM ( can buy them for around 6$ ex shipping and paypal fee) and if u guys know a cheaper way please do pm as well

Zipiju Thanks again bro.

Well, I'll be probably changing the values of two resistors, so hold on for one more day. Meanwhile, I'll update the schematics and BOM.
Activity: 40

Grin That's great.

BTY, Can I ask something about klondike firmware?

In klondike.h, at define section. there is an constant "21.33uS" in the comment.

It is 0.00002133 sec.

what means that?

Where 0.00002133 is come from?
Activity: 183
Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl

Sounds like music in my ears :-)

Is the BOM fully updated sow i can order the Mouser parts ?..

And if anyone would like to buy Gen2 Chips please sent me a PM ( can buy them for around 6$ ex shipping and paypal fee) and if u guys know a cheaper way please do pm as well

Zipiju Thanks again bro.

Is it possible to inform me where i can find the latest bugless version of this K16 project? It's diifficult to search so many threads.
Also i want to know if someone has it as a KIT. I have 18 avalon chips to test Smiley
TIA
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Activity: 31

good news! looking forward...
Activity: 56
Hello

in K1 schematic there are 2 NOR PORT (U6) and 2 NOT PORT (U7).

Why not use the other 2 NOR in U6 transforming it in NOT PORT?

Thanks

Activity: 31
Hello

on 3256 datasheet in recommended operating condition section we have:

a) Supply Core voltage DVDD 1.08 1.2 1.32 V

b) Supply 1.2V analog voltage VDDA_PLL 1.08 1.2 1.32 V

c) Supply I/O voltage OVDD 3.0 3.3 3.6 V

My question is:

How many current need any voltage?
Thanks

Nobody really knows, but:

If you want only a slight overclock, or no overclock at all, Core current should be about 2A per chip. If you want to overclock them hard, make that 3 or more.
In the K16, the VDDA supply was about 75mA per chip (600mA LDO for 8 chips), and it was working OK. For the I/O, count the same (75mA/chip).
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm still waiting to hear back from BkkCoins on my refund. I could really use the cash, just had to pay a rather large vet bill (just to learn we couldn't do anything to save him Sad).

Same here. I've sent him multiple PMs as I see he's been active recently. It would be nice if he could make this right for the sake of the project.
Activity: 56
Hello

on 3256 datasheet in recommended operating condition section we have:

a) Supply Core voltage DVDD 1.08 1.2 1.32 V

b) Supply 1.2V analog voltage VDDA_PLL 1.08 1.2 1.32 V

c) Supply I/O voltage OVDD 3.0 3.3 3.6 V

My question is:

How many current need any voltage?
Thanks
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
I'm still waiting to hear back from BkkCoins on my refund. I could really use the cash, just had to pay a rather large vet bill (just to learn we couldn't do anything to save him Sad).
Pages:
Jump to: