Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 23. (Read 41103 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
February 23, 2019, 03:20:17 AM
I am not agree with hold because hold does not give me any profit without frustration. I think trading is the best any time in any condition but be sure that you are trading with cleverly and understating market. But maximum time we trade with out enough knowledge about tokens as a result we make loss.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
February 23, 2019, 01:35:57 AM
It makes sense to hodl every coins that has huge demand because it will triple in price later on,don't hodl shitcoins that have zero product backing them up ,that's the right advice
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 23, 2019, 01:26:31 AM
I agree because if market is on the rise it's better to take some profit rather than be greedy and take more losses when the market suddenly goes down. Surely newbies are the ones that can be easily influenced due to lack of knowledge on how the cryptocurrency market works.
Take advantage of this opportunity, even if it's only a little or no, you will lose a lot.
when the market falls and coins are low so you have to survive until conditions improve.
for beginners, knowledge is needed so you have to find out and understand it before doing anything.
Cryptocurrency can make you profitable and also make you lose so you have to be careful.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
February 23, 2019, 12:07:42 AM
This is a very big check here when investing in crypto. There are times that holding is not good for a long time especially if your tokens or alts become useless or no development in their project. It will only lead to big losses if you put your money on the wrong one. I had experience this before in some coin that i hold. When the price went up i did not sell quickly because i'm thinking it will go higher but that is not the case it went dump immediately. I think if you want to hold some particular coins don't hold a coin that has no product or development. Go for a token or altscoin that a good team and developers because maybe they are the one that will lead you to success in holding for a long time.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
February 22, 2019, 11:21:10 PM
I agree because if market is on the rise it's better to take some profit rather than be greedy and take more losses when the market suddenly goes down. Surely newbies are the ones that can be easily influenced due to lack of knowledge on how the cryptocurrency market works.
Activity: 406
February 22, 2019, 11:15:17 PM
Stop holding when the market has risen and at that time you can sell the coins you have, you really have to be smart to pay attention to market conditions when to sell coins or save them, don't be wrong in analyzing because it only hurts you
copper member
Activity: 138
Merit: 0
February 22, 2019, 11:06:17 PM
Over the years,  people have learnt their lesson,  majority if what caused their loss was simply greed. This is not about newbies,  if you are holding a coin and you see some percentage increase,  just go ahead and take profit,  you can also set order to buy the dip. There by increasing your profit rather than just holding for too long.
Activity: 141
February 22, 2019, 10:32:58 PM
Holder also needs to have a lot of experience, if you try to hold dead altcoin, your assets will soon go to zero. You need to carefully select altcoin and follow up regularly, plus you You need to pay attention to the general situation of the market so you can cut loss in time
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
February 22, 2019, 08:56:52 PM
It's better if you share it in several parts such as 50% hold and 50% sell coin. Or 70% hold 30% sell, so that we can minimize losses if bitcoin decreases, but you can share it according to your wishes.
Activity: 221
Merit: 5
February 22, 2019, 07:58:36 PM
I think you should only use the long time hold strategy on bitcoins and projects you have used time and energy on. If you are in a great crypto community then hold that coin, but make sure it's just a small part of your overall crypto currency portfolio.
Long term I'm really bullish on bitcoins, so that's the only coin I really want to hold for years. The rest of the coins are coins I will only hold for a few days or months.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
February 22, 2019, 07:46:54 PM
If you just HODL without proper investigation and research then am sorry you are in for a very hot one as you can lose really lots of your money so you have to be really watchful also i think is better to sell high and buy low forget HODL it doesnt make any sense
Activity: 292
Harmony for One and All
February 22, 2019, 07:42:38 PM
I always worried if the Hold option is the wrong choice. if I ask other people most of them answer " just hold".  even though my heart doubts that. but they only gave input, so I really appreciate them. Smiley
other people only provide input so we really have to appreciate it, in investing all the decisions in your hands, we must be able to take advantage of the opportunities that exist, and understand when the right time to profit, long-term investment does not mean you will forever hold
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
February 22, 2019, 07:37:30 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I think that just an investor should have 2 investment portfolios. In the same portfolio should be assets for a long time. In the other portfolio should be short-term speculative assets. If you choose one thing, then I am for long-term investments.

This is a very good idea. I only invest in coins I'm prepared to hold for a long time like Bitcoin and ETH. I don't care about new pump and dump coins like those weed coins that were supposed to be big. They all became almost worthless in bear market. It's one thing to lose 80% of value and 99% like some altcoins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
February 22, 2019, 07:37:21 PM
There are the most ambiguous opinions about the HODL strategy. Someone considers it stupid, and someone sacredly believes in its success. We can not say that one of them is wrong. After all, this strategy has really helped many people to improve their financial situation. Just now it is necessary to apply it very carefully.
Activity: 596
February 22, 2019, 07:18:01 PM
Correctly. Even to just keep the coins you must have some knowledge. If you keep your coins and do not pay attention to the news and not knowing the General situation in the market, it will not lead to anything good.
Activity: 185
Merit: 1
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
February 22, 2019, 07:10:20 PM
I don't think HOLD coins are a problem because this is a strategy. And when they do HOLD coins, I think they will invest again or do daily trading. So they don't always do HOLD coins but also do daily trading. And this is what I do every day so we also encourage the market to grow.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
February 22, 2019, 07:06:55 PM
hahaha...You right holding is good but you should be very careful to let it go when almost everybody is dropping it. It's called stop loss. Sometimes people might deceive you to holding a bag of shit coins which would only increase your loss. If you want to hold some coins for long term then i would vouch for bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
February 22, 2019, 07:05:17 PM
Knowing the right time to sell or hold is what differentiates every crypto trader and the amount of income he or she makes. Everybody holds at a certain point
I am becoming more and more convinced that no one knows anything for sure. Look at the situation, there are crypto traders who sold at the peak and who then bought on a slightly smaller plus and they did not expect that the market will go even further down. Now it is dangerous to trade, and I think it is better to holds it for a while.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
February 22, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
This is an excellent question, because we see hodl everywhere when the reality is that we should be switching to tether instead. However, now that the bear market is virtually over it really is time to hodl so that's all I'm going to do all the way back up to 20k
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
February 22, 2019, 06:46:20 PM
Knowing the right time to sell or hold is what differentiates every crypto trader and the amount of income he or she makes. Everybody holds at a certain point
Pages:
Jump to: