Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 21. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
April 17, 2019, 10:50:11 PM
In the minus I do not sell, only if after 5 years my asset was unprofitable - I'm ready to sell it. Investing is not a matter of one week. Here we need large-scale calculations and prospects for at least 5 years.

Agreed, in addition i would consider liquidating my hodls when there are no significant improvement in the development aspect, any project that keeps updating the community at intervals with the progress of what the roadmap entails is worth hodling in my opinion, low price is not enough to sell because price will bounce back at some point. At the end, it could be really profitable to hodl for some time.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
April 17, 2019, 04:16:23 AM
Understanding the right moment to hodl and sell matters a lot in crypto currency
Which is why you must always dyor and get every decisions rightly

It matters a lot
it is one of the keys to success in crypto trading. but you need high skills to be able to analyze when to hold and sell. many people find it difficult to make that choice, they cannot analyze properly, so all they do is hold and wish. whereas holding back is not always the right choice when certain conditions right?
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
April 17, 2019, 03:51:43 AM
In the minus I do not sell, only if after 5 years my asset was unprofitable - I'm ready to sell it. Investing is not a matter of one week. Here we need large-scale calculations and prospects for at least 5 years.
Activity: 316
Merit: 1
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
February 24, 2019, 02:54:03 AM
Hold a coin is also very good because it can produce greater profits. But by looking at the market conditions that have been experienced, I also conduct daily trading. The coin that I hold is a coin from Bounty. And now the market looks good because its value continues to increase.
Activity: 255
February 24, 2019, 02:45:08 AM
You're right and right now is a good time to end some hodls before it gets late. The market is showing signs of recovering but we can never be too sure right? So make some cash outs now
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
February 24, 2019, 01:41:24 AM
For me, I never care the price increases and decrease, if I think the project is promising in the future, I would like to hold it still to reach my target sell price, I hate the people dump the coins, and in case the people stop invest it in the market now.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
February 24, 2019, 01:33:05 AM
If you are only base on what people say and you don't do a personal research then you a pro to loss if just hold your token and don't know when to do a short time trade or long , we are in bear market which does not allow a long term holding but short and when the bull return we can then talk about a long term holding .
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
February 24, 2019, 01:24:14 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

In order to figure out the exact time when you will going to stop Hodl and sell, is when you already mastered the technical analysis of the market, in that case, market will be the one to tell you the time so be knowledgeable about it.
Activity: 290
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 24, 2019, 01:12:20 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

With me, the holding time is the time when I have the profit that I put from the beginning. Maybe long-term or short-term, will depend on each different coins
Activity: 80
Merit: 24
February 23, 2019, 02:54:00 PM
a trader must be prepared with all risks including Cutloss ... indeed it is not easy to experience losses which are quite large but if the consideration is better, why not ....
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
February 23, 2019, 02:51:06 PM
in my opinion the market and cyclical high and low values are repeated at intervals more or less regular so you just have to study a bit and then buy of course on the minimums and sell on high values
buying low prices then holding them until prices start to rise and selling them at high prices is the basic principle of investing or trading. we have to understand that, when we don't have great skills we can only hold back and wait, when it's appropriate it will be very easy to sell it.
Activity: 644
February 23, 2019, 02:47:42 PM
Basically we must have extensive knowledge and wise decisions to become an Investor on Cryptocurrency. The key to success is to work hard and we must diligently monitor the coins we hold and market developments. Many people miscalculate to sell because the market is very sensitive, from now on learn and believe in ourselves.
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
February 23, 2019, 02:46:39 PM
in my opinion the market and cyclical high and low values are repeated at intervals more or less regular so you just have to study a bit and then buy of course on the minimums and sell on high values
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
February 23, 2019, 02:30:25 PM
Understanding the right moment to hodl and sell matters a lot in crypto currency
Which is why you must always dyor and get every decisions rightly

It matters a lot
Activity: 462
February 23, 2019, 02:25:40 PM

What are your thoughts?
I agree with this we must to know when we stop hold and start hold again but i think no one know about this?? Right, if people know he will do that, But no one kniw, So that's why many people make decision just HOLD, Because this is safe, we cant lose our token. But if we sell it and stop hold then the price increase, we lost it
[]I think that any manipulation of coins on the cryptocurrency market leads to a corresponding response from other users who have coins. But we should not forget about the project itself, which will be better developed if there is no dump of coins.

Well, the project must take care that there are no landfills for coins. In most cases, projects disappear from the market. So people do not want to lose money and shed coins.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
February 23, 2019, 02:23:52 PM
it is so hard to predict the end or start of a new trend so i dont think we can know when to stop holding.
but if you dont put stop losses, it is better to hold for long term because market always recovers.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
February 23, 2019, 02:19:37 PM

What are your thoughts?
I agree with this we must to know when we stop hold and start hold again but i think no one know about this?? Right, if people know he will do that, But no one kniw, So that's why many people make decision just HOLD, Because this is safe, we cant lose our token. But if we sell it and stop hold then the price increase, we lost it
[]I think that any manipulation of coins on the cryptocurrency market leads to a corresponding response from other users who have coins. But we should not forget about the project itself, which will be better developed if there is no dump of coins.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 503
February 23, 2019, 01:45:32 PM

What are your thoughts?
my suggestion is the best choice is when you buy a coin then sell it all when the price rises even if only a little or when you receive a token from a bounties, you should immediately sell it, don't choose hodl. since the beginning of 2018 until early 2019 the market is still in a bearish condition. the hodl method is not a good way anymore.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
February 23, 2019, 01:25:04 PM

What are your thoughts?
Activity: 686
February 23, 2019, 01:17:52 PM
Sometimes, if we want to stay afloat, we have to hold on until the price rises and makes a profit. But if prices continue to fall and do not experience changes in the long term, of course we will panic and be afraid of greater losses. For that there is a time when we keep holding, and there are times when we sell to avoid greater losses.
but if what you hold is the top coin then you will definitely be calmer because they will definitely go up again.
therefore I prefer to sell coins that are not yet strong enough to buy the top coins because in my opinion it is safer to hold because I prefer long-term investments.
Pages:
Jump to: