Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 18. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 102
simply getting the job done
April 21, 2019, 01:14:55 PM
yes you are right, you must know when to sell, for example lots of times after an ico, everybody sells what they earn from bounties then coin price decreases, so few times we say aa i should hold, and another alt coins, if you bought a suprice one, i mean if %90 of us do not use it somehow, (monero for hiding, ethereum for mining, bitcoin for trade, etc.) then it wont make you happy after you hodl for a long, it will die in the end, so so little times they get success and one can know that. but if you bought the main coins by a low price, then of course hold them, you will get 5x-10x in the end, few months or 1 year later.
Activity: 526
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
April 21, 2019, 01:05:58 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
  I think we should not care about newbie. The decision to hold or sell is yours. Believe in yourself . If you see that altcoins still increase, keep them. And sell at the right time. Because newbie they often listen to others without understanding the problem. So you don't need to care about them
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
April 21, 2019, 01:00:15 PM
Definitely there is a limit for everything, we should learn to hold when it matters and at the same time we learn to sell when the condition is favourable to some extent.  It is the greed that is making some people to hold unnecessarily, they want to make a skyrocketing profits. Since when I've an horrible experience about too much holding, I've learnt to stop holding when at least I can get some little returns on investment or bounty rewards.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
April 21, 2019, 12:42:55 PM
I read to stop holding you have to really feel the market.  Because it is he who shows what the situation with a particular coin.  I maintain the position that it is better to sell sooner than later.  Because the market is very fast changing positions.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
April 21, 2019, 12:41:32 PM
I think the long-term strategy is very good. But it certainly requires very high patience. We can get profit, but for a long time. So we have to do other strategies such as trading every day and profits are generated every day.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
April 21, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
Not entirely what they say is wrong, saying "just hold" can be true because the long term takes quite a long time or even years. But if you have to cut losses it is not a long-term trade, because long-term trading must have a strong mentality, even though the price drops, they are only sure it will grow in the future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
April 21, 2019, 12:30:38 PM
Ist very hard for some people for kano when to hold and when to sell, but in my opinion if you want gets profit you must be patience for it, and before you invest to your asset investment you must think a lot about your choice.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
April 21, 2019, 12:30:15 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I have been caught in the "HODL" trap as well and lost quite a big amount of capital, but I have learnt my lesson. However the coins I hold now are for long term price increase not short term bursts. Some of my investments are simply for the technology behind not just for the money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
April 21, 2019, 12:28:04 PM
I prefer to hold than to sell my tokens when it is not yet time or when the value amount to nothing.
The experience I have had not holding when I am supposed to, have thought me a lot of lessons.
So I do not mind how long I will hold, until I have a good return of investment.
Activity: 438
Merit: 256
Redot.com - Trade Like a Pro, Earn 70% of Referral
April 21, 2019, 12:21:21 PM
Of course i agree with your opinion, because all time is the best time to buy some Cryptocurrency, but we must know when we put out money away. So if you want to invest you must think a lot and make some pedict before invest in.
Activity: 459
April 21, 2019, 12:18:31 PM

What are your thoughts?
the market is always changing. The decision to hold or sell is up to you. Catch the market and make the right decisions. That will bring you success. For newbie, they are not knowledgeable so they will follow experienced people. But don't care, learn and believe in yourself
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
April 21, 2019, 12:01:27 PM
Part of the advisors are right. It is important to understand that a stable HOLD brings much less profit than a controlled HOLD. You can never hope for the case you need to always watch the prices on the stock exchange and make new decisions. If you do not care about cryptocurrencies and you just want to benefit. Then your best option is to invest in the top 5 cryptocurrencies and forget about it.
Activity: 618
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
April 21, 2019, 08:29:02 AM
To determine the best time to stop Hodl, you can set the target you want to achieve after purchasing the investment in what it is. After you reach the goal, you want to sell. Or maybe you follow the market trend to decide to sell or hold. Many people choose to set a target to determine the exact time.
Activity: 308
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
April 21, 2019, 08:25:40 AM

What are your thoughts?

Never know at that time, it would be better to lose a bit of profit than nothing. In my opinion, you should not keep it, it is slowly gnawing your money, don't be too naive  Cry
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
April 21, 2019, 07:34:13 AM
When I hold a coin for too long I lose a lot of it, so now my principle is when the price of the coin goes up and I have gotten a profit, then I have to sell it quickly, because if it lasts too long, we don't know when the coin will rise
You are following day trade/short term trade. Those people who hold coin they make 2/3x profit. Until they reach on that limit they dont sell. It may take 1-6 months.
Yup, that is a short term trading and it is not a good way to hold for long term when you keep selling your profit as soon as you have profit, and what are you going to do if that token suddenly rise again? Buy again??
I will not suggest you to keep holding forever because the amount of profit depends on yours decision and a long term holder will keep their profit very long maybe years before their profit increase much more than double before they sell for profit, so you should think carefully before choosing long term or short term investing.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
April 21, 2019, 07:28:05 AM

What are your thoughts?

i totally agree with you. only hodling is not a good way of investing.
For example the ones that bought and hodl 1 year ago mostly lost about 70% of their profits. Yes they willg et their money back when the market recovers. It is also true. But if they have used stop loss they wouldnt lose that much profit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
April 21, 2019, 07:27:51 AM

What are your thoughts?
holding is never be the solution.but for a newbie i think it is better to hold.not only to get profit but also for learning .if you learn almost everything you need  for altcoin,then you can choose what is needed to be done.you can hold your coin or you can sold,on  but it always depends on your situation and most importantly on whims of the market. if i think will loose then there is no logic for holding altcoin.
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 4
April 21, 2019, 07:16:35 AM
You only need to HODL Bitcoin and those coins in which you are sure that they will show strong growth in the future. Today, from the top coins, I would hold only Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and TRON.
From young and very perspective im hodling TAU (taucoin.io)
Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
April 21, 2019, 07:07:11 AM
"Hodling" is not what peoples think and what the memes pages is sharing. Holding means that you keep the coins until you get in a good profit range which will make the owner comfortable with leaving his position and give the ownership of the coins to another investor Smiley
It does not mean "Die hodling , having a -3000% profit portfolio".
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
April 21, 2019, 07:04:41 AM
yes, it doesn't need to depend entirely on their words unless it makes sense we can make it a new insight. for me to invest depends on how coins develop and also the market situation, in other cases to get profit we can do it when our coins experience price increases, sales don't have to wait long if you are not the type of patient person.
Typically, its depend on how you understand the business that you are entering with, trading is for people who knows how to control emotions, it's needs good knowledge and wide understanding, lots of factors yo consider and be analyze, but with the same goals, earnings and always have a good point of view to make sure that you are still doing the right way.
Pages:
Jump to: