Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 37. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
August 25, 2018, 12:59:05 PM
For me, loss in crypto is one of the risks that I must take and be ready for that. If we think that in this time we are losing our money because of the dropped price, it doesn't mean to overcome by selling out my coins to cut lose. I will hold the coins until the coins rise higher and much better. I know that this is very risky. But, that is my strategy.
You are right, it is really risky strategy, but it is very helpful for people like me who do not know how to trade on the stock exchange. And the situation with the fall of the market can not last long, because the stocks of hamster tokens are already running out.  And new hamsters will not enter the market until the news background begins to be full of positive articles, and the market will go up.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 25, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
So, newcomers are indeed often subject to speculation, and this leads to bad consequences because they often lose their money through speculation. You need to be careful and be able to sell coins on time to be successful.
They need to have courage and patience not allowing their investment being ruined by fuds and somebodies speculations better to deal with their own assessment, most of them are victims and because they don't have good experienced yet they didn't bothered to accept loses but it shouldn't be that way allow yourself to learn and understand everything.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
August 25, 2018, 12:45:22 PM
Sure is to do not sell coins when price is lower than in moment when you bought, but this rule should know everyone. The best way is holding as long as price will not achieve satisfact profit, it is not easy, especially when you invest when price was high but it is the only good option
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 12:30:52 PM
So, newcomers are indeed often subject to speculation, and this leads to bad consequences because they often lose their money through speculation. You need to be careful and be able to sell coins on time to be successful.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
August 25, 2018, 12:09:01 PM
Most people keep their coins just because they bought them when the market was growing. Now they have to keep in order not to lose their investment.When the trend changes to a growing one, you can safely sell.
Activity: 208
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 12:03:44 PM
Frankly speaking, i only hold my tokens while the market is in bear mode. I do not have the intention of holding them for a very long time, at least not all of them. But when the market suddenly make an unexpected turn of events or an upturn is becoming apparent, my objective is to trade them. That is if only i can see that my tokens will yield an enormous returns.
So you see, holding for me is up to a certain time only.

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 11:02:45 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

I am currently holding my altcoins and some tokens, already down about 50% of my portfolio. But i still holding it, why ? Because i believe the project of my coins and tokens. So, it will depends on what coins you hold. If they are a good coins, why not you hold it ? It will be back someday to the normal price.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
August 25, 2018, 10:18:26 AM

It is necessary to constantly monitor the dynamics of the market. And on the basis of this analysis, it is necessary to diversify its portfolio. The HOLD strategy does not always work well.

Yes, in this case the accuracy of market analysis is the main one. Diversification strategy is a good step to avoid the risk of losing everything. Stopping holding when the market goes down is a detrimental thing, still holding a wise choice for now.
Yeah you're right. not forever holding is the right thing because if you dare to take the risk to get a profit or reduce a loss. you can sell it
when the price seems to start to decline again and you can buy at the price below it. that is a strategy that can be used in trading
Activity: 138
August 25, 2018, 10:16:05 AM
for me ill buy the coin in a low price then hold it a little longer so that i can gain a higher profit.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
August 25, 2018, 10:13:36 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

because of that you have to have knowledge and experience,
nothing is easy to produce advantages especially in terms of speculation to overcome any losses. I just want to suggest, you have to explore a lot of knowledge.
Activity: 280
better Days Ahead...
August 25, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, I think there is a time to hold and i think there is a time to sell off, from my little experience in cryptos it is good to follow the trend, when the market is on the bull run, then you can hold but when it is bearish, you can sell off and buy more at dip
Activity: 308
August 25, 2018, 10:08:55 AM

What are your thoughts?
I also don't agree with them when they say hold for a long term 2 - 3 years. Because the market will grow up and fall down alternately so if we keep for an exactly time, maybe we will get nothing even we can lose. I think we had better to sell when the price is high and wait until it falls down to buy again. Do not be too greedy, I will sell if the price increase 4 - 5 times
Activity: 560
Merit: 15
$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020
August 25, 2018, 09:32:33 AM
Holding good coins will still work if the coin has a real working product, I've seen these projects become successful, but these projects are very rare, you need to invest time and patience into this and it will be worth it, just select the right project and company, the team behind the project the working product is very important.
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
August 25, 2018, 09:25:50 AM
For me, loss in crypto is one of the risks that I must take and be ready for that. If we think that in this time we are losing our money because of the dropped price, it doesn't mean to overcome by selling out my coins to cut lose. I will hold the coins until the coins rise higher and much better. I know that this is very risky. But, that is my strategy.
Activity: 153
August 25, 2018, 09:11:03 AM

It is necessary to constantly monitor the dynamics of the market. And on the basis of this analysis, it is necessary to diversify its portfolio. The HOLD strategy does not always work well.

Yes, in this case the accuracy of market analysis is the main one. Diversification strategy is a good step to avoid the risk of losing everything. Stopping holding when the market goes down is a detrimental thing, still holding a wise choice for now.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 112
August 25, 2018, 09:03:04 AM

Activity: 252
August 25, 2018, 08:56:51 AM
I am newbie to cryptocurrency trading. I bought some coins in June of this year and now they have fallen. I have no money to buy new coins. What's left? Of course I'm waiting for the best moment to sell. Yes, I see that keeping bitcoin is safer than altcoins. But we all learn from our mistakes. That's OK.
Activity: 39
August 25, 2018, 08:47:08 AM
I believe that is one of the essential things to know in the world of crypto. You should know when to invest, hodl and trade your coins. I believe the best thing is to invest when market is down, hodl till the market shoots up then you trade off when you are satisfied with the profit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 08:46:36 AM
Well if you truly know what is the potential of the crypto and your coins as well you will know when to hold or not because information is a must if you dont want to waste money and also i do believe that if you hold long enough you will be rewarded
Activity: 90
August 25, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
This is essential too, to make good investments and not to lose funds at the long run. While it is very good to hodl your coins, even in certain market conditions, it is good to know when to sell off a coin too if need be. During market conditions like the one we are experiencing now, not all coins are likely to bounce back. If any of your coins fall within this category, you should sell them off as soon as you can, and probably invest more in the coins that you trust.
Pages:
Jump to: