Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 38. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
August 24, 2018, 09:44:36 AM
Every coin must have a set goal for it and it should be based on the road map and the performance of the coin on the market. Once these are ascertained, i don't think the decision regarding how long to hold and when to sell will be a trouble.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
August 24, 2018, 09:43:41 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

It is normal for newbies to be feeded by those people who are superior to them, they shoudn't be ashamed of it, but they should be if they remain on being a newbie forever, I mean if they are always a spoon feed people, then they have no chance on surviving on this world, they would just cry if they get scammed or if they lost their profits. Holding is not bad, but holding forever is bad.

The reason why people are holding thier tokens is because they are not satisfied with the prices, they wanted more, so they hodl, but what happened is the opposite, instead of increasing of its price, it decreased, so they hodl again, and then when the right time will come when they get satisfied with the prices, then they will sell it all with no hesitation, that is how it works. It is all about profits that we are after that is why we go to the option "Hodl".
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
August 24, 2018, 09:43:23 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
You are the only one who can tell whether you have to hold or stop loss because each of us has a different price value when we bought it. If you buy at a high price it is logical that you have to stop loss when the market is declining. But if you bought it at very low price, it is better to hold it because you will never know if the market recovers quickly.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
August 24, 2018, 09:41:00 AM
Investing or buying is good to take decision but identify when should stop a coin is very difficult.

To have better hand on making decision on whether Holding, Buying & selling depend on how good you are at collecting the market trends/news & how to utilize them . You need to make habit of of reading websites which publishes news about the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. You can have the list of websites on this article https://medium.com/breaking-crypto-news/the-top-10-cryptocurrency-blogs-websites-you-need-to-be-following-in-2018-c20ecc38a92. If you read more news and articles it will built your knowledge about the blockchain industry and demanding trends. This can automatically help you take decision and build some skills in you.
Activity: 457
Chainjoes.com
August 24, 2018, 09:39:01 AM
I think newbies don't simply hodl so it does not matter. Just hodl! is good if you hodl bitcoin but otherwise you need to stop hodling one time.

For me, Hodl all of your holdings would be a great advice to other participants, specially if they have those popular and known altcoins in crypto market. You can hold as many as you can, but always remember that its always your decision on what you’re supposed to do. Everyone has their own decision so you’re the only one who decides whether you hold it or sell it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 09:36:52 AM
If everything were so simple, if we did not have feelings, then probably people would be able to control themselves and their emotions. Now it is very difficult to do this, especially after such a long fall in the market, I would probably come up with something to just go out if I had the opportunity.
That the only thing that beginners should do is to participate in bounty companies and preferably in the signature, because this is where they can start earning and without losing their money and gaining useful information about cryptocurrencies and the rules of the game.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 09:31:23 AM
If everything were so simple, if we did not have feelings, then probably people would be able to control themselves and their emotions. Now it is very difficult to do this, especially after such a long fall in the market, I would probably come up with something to just go out if I had the opportunity.
Activity: 532
August 24, 2018, 09:30:37 AM
well for me holding is a good advice but only to hold those worthy coins. i have been holding my coins for a long time now and i don't worry of losing it because market will eventually recover.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 09:27:01 AM
Everyone has their own opinions about hold, some argue hold their coin is the best thing to do right now, some are of the opinion that for what it is holding back because it sells better. They hold their coins because they believe they will get good results in the future.
Activity: 532
♦♦♦♦♦
August 24, 2018, 09:24:07 AM
this is what that should i learn now
because my asset now down like 60% because keep holding and refuse to sell
Activity: 574
August 24, 2018, 09:18:47 AM
If you are trying to hold be sure you can monitor the value time to time so you will know the flow of your investment, holding is a good idea but you must be smart all the time when you see the value is going down that's time to make you a decision.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 09:11:15 AM
I used to use HODL strategy and lost a lot of money. It doesn't work with tokens and alts... Also hold is efficience only if you have 1-2 or even more years, but a lot of alts can't live for such long period.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 08:58:14 AM
Removing a coin when the price is down is not the right decision. I prefer to hold coins than I lose. Just have to be patient for a while and the coin will return to a good position. Isn't this situation often happening. So why should you worry too much?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 03:13:49 AM
Investing or buying is good to take decision but identify when should stop a coin is very difficult.
Activity: 261
Merit: 1
www.fintropy.io
August 24, 2018, 03:01:38 AM
a good step when investing we must know when to throw and hold our coins. if only relying on speculation from people is not the right step. holding the long run is good but it is better if we make a decision when we have set a price target to take profits and must be consistent in every decision so there is no loss
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
August 24, 2018, 02:39:02 AM

What are your thoughts?

sometimes cut loss also apart from the investment strategy, when you see market still at bearish moment, dont push your self to keep hold your coin.
Just sell them in a loss to buy more at the low price. It also can help you recover your initial faster than you keep hold them.
But cut loss also need a good judgment, if not, you just gonna be another panic sell person.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 24, 2018, 02:27:44 AM
I never worry on cutting losses as I do invest with only highly reputed coins hence I do not bother about potential losses which is the reason why I never think about exiting from the downfall market. I simply hold my coins among many potential losses as I am sure about near future's bounce back. I am talking about only very few coins which I am holding them for years.

Sometimes you don't rely on the word HOLD because sometimes it is also a trap especially to thus altcoins with no future and be dead just a few months or years, sell your holdings when its right.
When you avoid investing with those altcoins which has no future then you can reply on "hold" all the times. Yes, where you invest will decide whether you may go for holding or not. Investing with some random coins and then simply waiting with your holding will not make any sense but will lead to big big disasters eventually. Make investments wisely that is the first and "all" part. If we do that part more accurately then 99% of our worries and struggle will get eliminated.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
August 24, 2018, 02:13:18 AM
I am a pro holder, but I set a specific red line meter considering that the coin or tokens I hold reaches to that line of price, I will sold it all for me not to suffer in a profit loss.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
August 23, 2018, 09:21:24 PM
Sometimes you don't rely on the word HOLD because sometimes it is also a trap especially to thus altcoins with no future and be dead just a few months or years, sell your holdings when its right.
There's a chance that things went out of control, even you think that the development will proceed but if the coin got lack of support from the community chances being dumped completely are always possible, holding coins with active community and hard working team with very usable project will bring big but need to assess a lot and trust your own instinct don't be moved by news and fuds.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
August 23, 2018, 09:17:07 PM
Pages:
Jump to: