Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 36. (Read 41101 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0
August 27, 2018, 04:26:42 PM
Holding is a great and simple strategy but you have to sell someday, after all, investments are made in order to get a profit in the first place.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
August 27, 2018, 07:19:16 AM
Optimism now will pay off for those of us who are surviving this market! HODL strong and fingers crossed for the ETF.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 27, 2018, 05:40:29 AM
of course there is no way, if you're a beginner then all at once you know and understand well. we all learn from our own and others ' mistakes, there is no problem. the simplest thing you can do is buy and sell worse when the price rises. but as practice shows, waiting and holding is not the easiest for many
Activity: 92
Merit: 3
August 27, 2018, 02:38:31 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
It is true. We all should be very careful with this holding or investing. With coins like Paragon, Cardano and Stellar, I think there is a need to hold more often because they shall soon rise.

I think that it is one of the most difficult job to recognize the best time for buying and selling bitcoin or any other altcoin. For that we need t study the market, get the expert opinion and after that we may become succeeded in choosing the right price in right time for investment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
August 26, 2018, 04:34:57 PM
Every trader must have an inner discussion with his or her greediness and come to a decision at which price they would agree to sell a coin. And sell it as soon as it hits this price.
Activity: 168
August 26, 2018, 02:39:45 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Well, I agree. There is a need to understand the difference between holding and selling. There is a problem with newbies of being manipulated very easily. They should go for coins like TAU, NEO and ADA.
Activity: 166
August 26, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

What are your thoughts?
It is true. We all should be very careful with this holding or investing. With coins like Paragon, Cardano and Stellar, I think there is a need to hold more often because they shall soon rise.
Activity: 432
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 06:50:15 PM
What is most important to understand here is that one must build enough knowledge in order to know when to sell, buy or hodl. Sometimes we advice that you hodl because of the experience one has built from the market trends over the years. Panic selling is what mostly brings the loss. Nonetheless, you hold the ultimate power over your own investment and you choose what to do with it.
Activity: 45
August 25, 2018, 06:43:41 PM
I agree with you, above all what many people don't realize is that a coin has to be traded in order to continue in existence and thus one day be able to go up, the day a coin lowers its volume a lot that day it will die, so doing hodl infinitely you won't earn anything if we don't move the coin, you also have to know when to take out the profit and not become greedy.
Activity: 105
August 25, 2018, 06:43:18 PM
Holding is also an easy thing to do when your not sure what to do.  I think a lot of new people come in and are like a deer in the headlight so when they hear hold this seems to be the easiest action to take so that's what they do.  Selling takes work and motivation.  If your not knowing what to do sometime holding just happens naturally. 
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
August 25, 2018, 06:41:02 PM
The only coin you should hold long term are Bitcoins, and even Bitcoins has lost 60% this year, so holding are not the smartest thing that you can do long term.
I hold the majority of my portfolio in Bitcoins, I sold most of my Altcoins in the spring, and they seem to have continues there fall after I sold them.
I still holding most of my NEO and have lost around 80% on them this year alone.

Everything that loses all its value in 2018, we are going through a very difficult 2018 predictions with crypto but certainly the market will continue to go down.
Bitcoin is the best long-term cryptocurrency hold. But there are also a few altcoin in the top 20 that are well deserved and developed in the future, should choose a few altcoins with bitcoin
Activity: 425
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 06:33:50 PM

What are your thoughts?

It depends on the coins or tokens they have right now. Holding a stagnant ot losing coins is not a good idea, but holding btc or eth is a good idea because you their price will go up again.
Activity: 98
August 25, 2018, 06:20:13 PM
In my opinion, you should compare with the price to buy your coins, when the market price is higher, then Bien should stop and continue to sell.
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
August 25, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
I also how a lot different people, I stand by is very usual principle. If you don't understand what the happening on the market then better to leave him. The beginner better to knows about market more before to doing investments.

Principal or anything all are we personally think will work when you go for hodling or anything. You need to follow the market strategy and up and down you are seeing at the present time.

If you find all things fine then you will be get the profit all times in trading and other fields.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
August 25, 2018, 05:33:22 PM

What are your thoughts?

You are quite right in your view. Holding should not mean to become foolish while your coin is fast disappearing  Tongue. No, it means knowing the appropriate time to sell. For instance, if you have an insider information that the altcoin you have isn't going anywhere, the best to do is let it go.
Yes I believe thatvw e all have our own way of understanding in crypto, so then we maybe I've a great strategy on when to hold and hodl, because crypto is really unpredictable , if we can gain right away we don't need to choose or hold for a verry long term for good.
Activity: 756
August 25, 2018, 05:26:42 PM
knowing when to hold and when to sell is a very good and very profitable thing in the crypto world, it is also the key to success in crypto, but in reality it is very difficult to do, because the crypto world is very difficult to predict
Activity: 406
August 25, 2018, 03:53:46 PM
I also how a lot different people, I stand by is very usual principle. If you don't understand what the happening on the market then better to leave him. The beginner better to knows about market more before to doing investments.
Activity: 89
August 25, 2018, 01:31:34 PM
If you are holding your btc now this will really win.The money of other currencies will make you wasted because it is low.However, if the other coins are folded, this can save you a lot.I can not cut the market tomorrow, but it is good to keep it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
August 25, 2018, 01:24:40 PM
The only coin you should hold long term are Bitcoins, and even Bitcoins has lost 60% this year, so holding are not the smartest thing that you can do long term.
I hold the majority of my portfolio in Bitcoins, I sold most of my Altcoins in the spring, and they seem to have continues there fall after I sold them.
I still holding most of my NEO and have lost around 80% on them this year alone.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 01:16:49 PM
For me, loss in crypto is one of the risks that I must take and be ready for that. If we think that in this time we are losing our money because of the dropped price, it doesn't mean to overcome by selling out my coins to cut lose. I will hold the coins until the coins rise higher and much better. I know that this is very risky. But, that is my strategy.
You are right, it is really risky strategy, but it is very helpful for people like me who do not know how to trade on the stock exchange. And the situation with the fall of the market can not last long, because the stocks of hamster tokens are already running out.  And new hamsters will not enter the market until the news background begins to be full of positive articles, and the market will go up.
Such a strategy can be useful only if nothing new happens during this time. But if during this time there will be some new project that can be much better than the project you are holding coins, then your coins may not grow in value any more. And you will always be left with coins that are worthless.
Pages:
Jump to: