Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 11. (Read 127508 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 6
I have also started a ticket at Yobit to ask what the hold-up is with withdrawals there.  It looks like it's been locked for more than a month and there are no flags on the exchange until an attempt to withdraw is made.  Very bad practice on the part of Yobit if you ask me. 
Yes, I can only apologise about YoBit but there's nothing I can do.

I have updated our github code to the latest release as they requested but it hasn't made any difference. I've contacted them and I'll contact them again. I am receiving the same treatment as everyone else. I have no special dispensation sadly.

I don't think that's fair. Devs should actually be given preferential treatment as concerning support on exchanges since they are literally the voice of whatever token they represent and are working for a community of people who use their exchange. Just a thougth!
I completely agree, but they really don't care. I'm guessing that if I offer some BTC they might sit up and notice (or maybe not). I will try again though.
Activity: 70
Merit: 13
I have also started a ticket at Yobit to ask what the hold-up is with withdrawals there.  It looks like it's been locked for more than a month and there are no flags on the exchange until an attempt to withdraw is made.  Very bad practice on the part of Yobit if you ask me. 

I have updated our github code to the latest release as they requested but it hasn't made any difference. I've contacted them and I'll contact them again. I am receiving the same treatment as everyone else. I have no special dispensation sadly.

I don't think that's fair. Devs should actually be given preferential treatment as concerning support on exchanges since they are literally the voice of whatever token they represent and are working for a community of people who use their exchange. Just a thougth!

glad to help.. you might also want to connect with https://twitter.com/xtiandela  .. I saw in one of his tweets that he was looking for an African cryptocurrency...Based on this 1M followers, I think he is one of the known African cryptocurrency influencers and might fit the role of Roger Ver of Kobocoin  Smiley
We are now in contact. Thanks!

Let's see what can be done.

Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
glad to help.. you might also want to connect with https://twitter.com/xtiandela  .. I saw in one of his tweets that he was looking for an African cryptocurrency...Based on this 1M followers, I think he is one of the known African cryptocurrency influencers and might fit the role of Roger Ver of Kobocoin  Smiley
thank you for the update!!.. the guys from CryptoAfrica http://cryptoafrica.com/ can probably help in promoting Kobocoin... Kobocoin is featured on their main page together with the main cryptos..
Great idea. I'll contact them. Thanks
thank you for the update!!.. the guys from CryptoAfrica http://cryptoafrica.com/ can probably help in promoting Kobocoin... Kobocoin is featured on their main page together with the main cryptos..
UPDATE

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all had a good festive season.

My hacked account hasn't been released by mods yet so I'll use this alt account until that's resolved. I've sent emails to the right person but I'll have to be more persistent to get it released.

Regarding the move to ETH, at this moment in time KOBO is faster than any ERC20 token out there. The ETH platform is clogged. We have a free uncluttered blockchain to keep moving forward with. I would have liked the move to ETH as it would have made things a lot simpler (for me) as we could take advantage of all the services already developed (e.g. mobile wallets). With the current situation on the network I no longer see it as a positive move.

I'm still in close contact with the team at Bitsoko and we're still investigating ways to take both platforms forward.

Upcoming developments:

New website
I'm actively seeking a web designer (or firm) to create a responsive website based on the current website theme. I want it to be professional but I don't want it to be just another crypto clone website. Some people 'appreciate' the current website (e.g P.Potts - https://youtu.be/ZxxkkEW3B-8 - mention starts at 11.30). Let me have your suggestions on what you'd like to see on the new website (dedicated forum etc). Feel free to post links with example websites and themes. Suggestions should be achievable. The work will be farmed out to a professional web designer so I'm hoping you'll be pleased with the final result. One thing the new website will push is that Kobocoin is X15 PoS. Kobo is far greener than bitcoin, and the network energy consumption is infinitesimal compared to bitcoin's energy consumption. In a world, and industry, that's moving to greener technologies I think it's a massive plus in our favour.

Social Media
Telegram: Do we need it? Should I open a group? Is there something better? This is something that can be done immediately.

Upgraded mobile wallets
I've hired two young developers (freelance) to bring the android wallet up to date. Both developers have impressive github work already. They will be investigating UI and blockchain/connectivity. So a good pairing. For now the priority is building us a stable, upgraded mobile wallet with exchange rate features. The free Yahoo Financial API service was closed. It affected a lot of crypto wallets. This has to be resolved. They're learning how the X15 algo works and what needs to be done. When we get this new wallet working it will be a major milestone.

So a question to all: What does a good mobile wallet have to have?

Source code and Desktop wallets
I had a source code review carried out last year and the code was given the all-clear. There are not really any advances in PoS that the reviewer felt were needed in the source code. I will also investigate upgrading the desktop wallets and getting listed on a multiwallet.

Establishing an African presence
Kobocoin is now well established in certain countries. Our biggest problem is making KOBO available to the people who want to buy it. People are contacting me and asking where they can buy it. If buying bitcoin is hard, then buying kobocoins may seem impossible. There are some early adopters trading on Cryptopia (and hopefully doing well with the recent rises). The next step is an exchange where people can buy kobo with local currency. I've been avoiding attempting this one because of the security implications. You have to be a security expert, or have one available, to take on the running of an exchange. I'm not a security expert.

Exchanges
Yobit continues to frustrate with the withdrawal issue. I've done what's been asked of me but there's still no resolution. CoinExchange seems to have periods of frantic activity. Cryptopia is becoming the main exchange which is good. It's reliable. It is still on my radar that we should be listed on at least one of the Chinese exchanges by the end of 2018. That's easy to say but hard to achieve, but I am on it.

There are new exchanges like Golix - https://golix.com/ - I will be contacting each and every one of these exchanges to see if we can get a listing. We should be listed on an exchange located on the continent.

Keep the Suggestions coming:
There's so much tech out there that can be applied to the project. Keep the ideas coming. An electrum server was mentioned earlier in the year. We do have an electrum server. There were hashing issues previously where it would startup and then stop after about 30 mins. I had limited time to troubleshoot it. Now may be the time to re-investigate electrum and see how the software has progressed or what services are available.

2018 Targets
1. Updated website online: Q1-Q2 2018
2. Updated mobile wallet available: Q2-Q3 2018
3. African exchange: Q4 2018
4. Chinese exchange: Q4 2018

And finally, I'll have more time in the very near future to keep things moving as I'm leaving my current employment to concentrate on all things crypto. My profession is too time/energy consuming. It's time to take the leap and put my energy into kobocoin and crypto.

TT

NB - Have you see this bitscreener vid - https://youtu.be/QoRwMLInx9I (yeah, I know, there are loads of them)

Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Any news about the coin,  I see that there is quite a lot of trading around the coin on Cryptopia, what is the reason for that?
Activity: 146
hello all
Is there any way to withdraw KOBO on wallets or other exchanges?
yobit no for withdraw
Activity: 21
hello fugoji kobo is presenting withdrawal problems in yobit, could you help solve it?
Activity: 322
I see kobo has had a bump in price, about time.

Still not selling for a few pennies. Either it will be used in Africa or not.

Time will tell.

Breaking the issue price is not afraid, because there is no fatal problem, the temporary market or the temporary market is not good, the length of time is always up when it comes back.  Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I appreciate the efforts of the developer of this coin. kobocoin has a huge potential to be the cryptocoin that will be widely used by the entire Africa and the world at large. I will start promoting kobocoin

Small - payment of the block chain coin projects emerge in endlessly, the number is a bit much. I can't see what the KoboCoin project has to stand out for in the future, can it survive the fierce competition in the market? Sad
I agree.. I noticed a spike in trading activity on Cryptopia in the last few days.. . Kobocoin's market cap ranges at around 1M-1.5M, with only 24M coins .. It is low considering it will be used in whole African region..  I think and firmly believe that it it will be soon discovered by crypto hedge funds looking for BTC alternatives. This coin will be 3 years old next year, showing its stability compared to other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
This is exciting, I think that Tribesman will announce the updates soon and then KOBO will finally have it's day in the sun. Look at the price increase as Cryptopia, someone knows something.
we "need/are requesting" for an update Tribesman... hedge funds are pouring money into cryptos.. Kobocoin has the potential to attract those funds because of its real-life applications and it's first-mover advantage in Africa.. I don't know if the coin withdrawal issue in Yobit has been resolved already, but there is an increasing buyer interest based on trading/postings in Cryptopia

https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-hedge-funds-poured-2-billion-into-cryptos-in-2017/
Activity: 143
looks like dev has been hacked... did he recover his account already?
Activity: 168
Add your Crypto Coin/ Token to Coinscontrol.com - Future Crypto Coin Exchange and Trading Platform

If you are a developer or official representative of cryptocurrency asset,
you can add this few options to list a new asset in https://www.coinscontrol.com/Addcoin

Do not forget to provide the following when you request listing:

link to an official git of your node
link to an official website
link to block chain which must work properly
name of asset and trading symbol

By applying a request to add an asset to coinscontrol, you as developer agree to report of technical issues
with your cryptocurrency, node, block explorer etc. You also agree to notify us of all kind of forks.
In case of losing clients' funds due to forks or technical / security issues with block chain or node,
you as developer will bear financial responsibility.

Timeline for listing of new asset depends on agreement reached.

EXCLUSIVE Term is 3- 7 Businees days, Fees: 0.25 BTC
accumulate now.. investors/speculators/traders are starting to look for other alt currencies.. when they finally realize the potential of Kobocoin  in Africa and its first-mover advantage, they will buy in hordes... all-time high was 0.00006 BTC... it will become the regional cryptocurrency of Africa ..
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
How about mining pool ?
Pages:
Jump to: