Pages:
Author

Topic: [KOBO] Kobocoin - An African peer to peer payment/micropayment system - page 15. (Read 127489 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
I'm getting no connection to network and my new kobo install will not sync ,,,

I have my anti virus off,,,

are there new nodes to put in the conf file ??

cheers
Try these:

addnode=144.76.71.141
addnode=184.164.129.202
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=188.163.104.108
addnode=188.163.105.160
addnode=212.7.208.116
addnode=217.175.119.125
addnode=222.42.14.4
addnode=222.42.14.42
addnode=24.60.193.40
addnode=31.185.246.115
addnode=73.8.92.80
addnode=80.192.5.209
addnode=82.229.201.131
Activity: 528
Merit: 500
I'm getting no connection to network and my new kobo install will not sync ,,,

I have my anti virus off,,,

are there new nodes to put in the conf file ??

cheers
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
active trading and good price at cryptopia.. am keeping my core shares intact but trade a small portion to help keep the coin liquid.

Yes, I'm very happy that we now have somewhere to trade. It's such a relief. I'll be even happier when you guys all start making some profits. You deserve it.

Your support and encouragement has been absolutely awesome.

Thank you Tribesman for keeping the coin alive and relevant .. I bought my core shares near the lows when it was still trading at bittrex.. I am not selling the core shares and looking forward when it will be universally adapted in Africa.. . To fellow Kobo holders, do remember that the Chinese are the largest investors in Africa. and they are among the biggest players in Bitcoin.. I remember seeing a post that some of the largest Kobo buy trades were coming from China.. It is possible that Kobo will become the alternative to bitcoin for Chinese investors/speculators/traders based in Africa.

As an aside, the Yobit guys have said they will resolve the wallet issues. I also have some KOBO on Yobit which has been tied up for almost a year now. If you're also in the same unfortunate position as me please be patient. It will be resolved.

I sold all my Kobo in Yobit  and transferred all my BTC to other exchanges... Kobo holders in Yobit are now trading in their own mini-universe.. To other holders still in Yobit, if you can wait, you might want to buy all that you can because the price in Yobit is artificially depressed due to the pullout issue.
legendary
As an aside, the Yobit guys have said they will resolve the wallet issues. I also have some KOBO on Yobit which has been tied up for almost a year now. If you're also in the same unfortunate position as me please be patient. It will be resolved.
legendary
active trading and good price at cryptopia.. am keeping my core shares intact but trade a small portion to help keep the coin liquid.

Yes, I'm very happy that we now have somewhere to trade. It's such a relief. I'll be even happier when you guys all start making some profits. You deserve it.

Your support and encouragement has been absolutely awesome.
legendary
I'm in the middle of moving home so bear with me on the delays

No worries...slow and steady, etc. The 'old timers' are still hanging around Wink
And I am eternally grateful for all the 'old timers'! Smiley
Activity: 359
Merit: 270

No worries...slow and steady, etc. The 'old timers' are still hanging around Wink
legendary
Very good to see sustained volume for KOBO is now on Cryptopia

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
The problem is that only YoBit has any volume and the other three are near zero volume. Do you know when YoBit will open for KOBO again?
legendary
A Wound in Eternity
Is there anywhere to trade KOBO right now? The YoBit wallet is under maintenance

do you ever read the OP pal ?

I did now, sorry, haven't been around this thread for a while.  Grin
legendary
A Wound in Eternity
Is there anywhere to trade KOBO right now? The YoBit wallet is under maintenance
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Congrats dev team for making it this far. Wishing Kobocoin more years to come!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
 the wallet is not syncing and shows no active connections
legendary
hi just to let you know the PC wallet is not working  happy birthday

What's the issue you're experiencing?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
hi just to let you know the PC wallet is not working  happy birthday
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Happy Bithday Cheesy

and I'm looking forward to the future.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Happy Bithday KOBO!!!
legendary
UPDATE

Kobocoin is now 2 years old! (7th February, 2015 - 7th February, 2017)

We've proved our staying power and been battle hardened in the most brutal capitalist industry on the planet. No ICO, no premine, no instamine, no allegations of wrongdoing, no forks (soft or hard), the network still running, our JS library built, we're IoT ready, and our mobile wallets are still syncing (after many late nights suffering!). Our problems with Yobit withdrawal continue. If anyone knows how to contact the team directly then please let me know. It's been almost a year now and trollbox support attempts aren't working. I will consider a nice reward for anyone who can get Yobit to sort out the withdrawal issue.

The Future

For KOBO, the future is mobile. The desktop wallets will be also be updated but right now the mobile wallets need to give new crypto/kobo users more information and services other than just the wallet function itself.

I've found a developer who's already started working on the new wallet features. He's an Android/iOS developer (not crypto - so no blockchain updates... yet). The following features will be added over the next few weeks.

1. PIN Entry System (on startup or app lockout) - In progress
To include app lock after 60s non-activity

2. KOBO/BTC Markets Page
Consisting of:
   - KOBO price
   - BTC price
   - KOBO/BTC price (average)- This can be expanded later to include LTC/DOGE/XMR
   - KOBO/BTC price (individual exchanges)

3. General Crypto Markets Page
Page based on CoinMarketcap API's of top 10 (or 20, or even 30).

4. Newsfeed Page
With the following news categories being pulled into the page. These could be individual categories or just the top 20 items based on the categories listed below. I considered having individual sources being listed and selectable but I'm not sure it's necessary right now. It's can come at a later date if the demand is there.
   - Crypto News
   - Fintech News
   - Africa News
   - World News

5. Core Wallet Features
   - Sweep Paper Wallet - Very very important. People need this to add KOBO they buy from agents to their wallet so it's as easy as adding phone credit.
   - There is an existing issue where attempting to label an address (incoming transactions) causes the app to crash (I already created an updated WalletActivity.java that just needs to be implemented).

6. Possible Future Developments
   - Services Marketplace where KOBO / BTC / LTC / XMR / DOGE is accepted
   - African based crypto noticeboard where early adopters (businesses only) can get their message out. They will hopefully be converted to long-term platform advertisers
   - Your Ideas invited

At the moment I'm not trying to link the wallet and newsfeed via code. That can come later based on wallet usage or how things progress in general. And of course, I will be asking about porting the app to iOS Smiley

The aim is to build a compelling mobile wallet that people (not just kobo users) will consider downloading. I'd like prospective business partners to view the wallet as an advertising platform as well as crypto wallet. I'd also like to think that there's a way to require all partners/advertisers/prospects to pay in KOBO for all services (advertising, sponsorship, listings etc). Crazy as it sounds, I'm hoping this requirement will help with exchange volumes.

This is the MVP (Minimum Viable Product). It's going to cost me quite a bit to get it built but if the demand is there (after the work is completed) then I'll consider getting a business plan drawn up and go for some proper funding to really build up the wallet services. Once the above work is complete I'll also commission professional marketing shots of the mobile app so it can be advertised to a wider audience.

Some prospective partners in Kenya, Nigeria, and the USA are looking into if/home they can use kobo in their payment offerings (this still includes Bitsoko - that collaboration is not dead yet, it's just moving very slowly). I've had discussions on how kobo can work for them (as opposed to bitcoin). One prospective partner even asked if they needed to buy mining equipment. I explained the difference between PoW and PoS which they liked, but once again, no matter how good things get I always remember that our exchange volumes are not the greatest. At this point it's our achilles heel.

My biggest concern at this time is the Yobit withdrawal issue. I hate to think that new users are going to Yobit to trade BTC for KOBO and then finding out they can't withdraw the KOBO. That's the biggest downfall at this time. I've been constantly contacting Yobit but I just cannot seem to get them to move on this. Maybe I should offer them some BTC. That normally wakes people up.

Any further ideas for the wallets? All advice appreciated (other than the expected BCT "why don't you just die already" advice which I still won't be taking). Please try to keep ideas to things that can be achieved without the intervention/interaction of others (e.g. advising me to go and get the biggest online retailer in Africa to accept KOBO is not realistic right now). Service offerings are what's possible at this time.

tl;dr?
Two years on, KOBO is still alive

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: