Pages:
Author

Topic: Kraken Accepting MtGox Bankruptcy Claims - page 2. (Read 8267 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
How long does it usually take for your account on kraken to reach level 2 of verification? 

It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a day or so if we are having trouble verifying the address. If it's been more than 24 hours and you haven't heard from support, please make a support request.
legendary
When is the live support chat coming online?

Creditor claim and payout support including live chat and email

Live chat is online, but it's not 24/7. We've had a huge number of people doing the claims through us, which is great. But it's put more load on support than we anticipated, especially since there have been a few technical problems with the MtGox claims site and we're trying to help with that as much as we can. Faced with the heavy load, we've put a priority on tickets and chat hasn't been on regular hours. I'm talking to the CE team about this now though to see if we can get back to regular hours next week. I'll keep you posted. 
Activity: 628
Merit: 500
How long does it usually take for your account on kraken to reach level 2 of verification? 
Mine was with in a few hours.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Activity: 695
When is the live support chat coming online?

Creditor claim and payout support including live chat and email
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Well I signed up @ Kraken to be goxxed once again. I really doubt we end up getting anything back though. I already kissed that 15BTC goodbye a year ago. Pretty smart move from Kraken though...basically get the entire Gox user base free.

I understand your skepticism, but hopefully we can exceed your expectations! If you need any specific help with your claim form, please let me know or contact us through support.

I hope so too! I am pretty sure my claim is all filled out and good to go. The process was pretty easy overall.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
If you have a Kraken account (or create one), you can submit a ticket for this issue (a screenshot helps). There does seem to be some kind of issue with the MtGox claims site where certain users are finding that buttons aren't clickable. We are working with the trustee on the behalf of our clients to get this resolved.

Thanks for the advice and letting me know. I have made an account and sent a message to customer support. They sent me an email back and informed me that they have had a large number of tickets regarding gox so I guess I just need to wait and see.
legendary
Hi, is any one having problems with the log in system at MtGox?

Here is what happened to me. I started the claiming process, went through the enter password and changing the password and got to the fill out form. Unfortunately I wasn't sure what amount I had to put in the claim, so I got this information a couple hours later when I got back home.

Unfortunately I was logged out automatically (due to being in active for longer period of time) and can now no longer log in, neither with my old password, nor with the new one.

Am I the only one? Any suggestions here what I could do about it?

May I ask what browser you are using? I cannot seem to get past the changing password step, the button "Change Password" seems to have no functionality for me. I have tried chrome and internet explorer.

If you have a Kraken account (or create one), you can submit a ticket for this issue (a screenshot helps). There does seem to be some kind of issue with the MtGox claims site where certain users are finding that buttons aren't clickable. We are working with the trustee on the behalf of our clients to get this resolved.
legendary
I could not do the online claim because the original email address I used with Gox is no longer active. I did make the change on my account for the new address, but apparently for online claiming they will send the authorization code only to the original address.
When asking if you want to accept your claim in BTC or fiat, the offline form states that the trustee is conducting a survey to determine the creditors' preference. Thus it's not yet sure if there will be a choice between fiat and bitcoin. If the claims are paid in bitcoin they are to be done only thru Kraken.
My question is ,being that I can't do the online claim thru Kraken, how is the offline claim done thru Kraken ?

dserrano is correct - there's no offline Kraken option. However, you can request a BTC payout on the MtGox offline form and get the payout through Kraken (if the trustee decides to offer BTC payouts).
Activity: 39

Here is what happened to me. I started the claiming process, went through the enter password and changing the password and got to the fill out form. Unfortunately I wasn't sure what amount I had to put in the claim, so I got this information a couple hours later when I got back home.

Unfortunately I was logged out automatically (due to being in active for longer period of time) and can now no longer log in, neither with my old password, nor with the new one.

May I ask what browser you are using? I cannot seem to get past the changing password step, the button "Change Password" seems to have no functionality for me. I have tried chrome and internet explorer.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I could not do the online claim because the original email address I used with Gox is no longer active. I did make the change on my account for the new address, but apparently for online claiming they will send the authorization code only to the original address.

This is such a downer, the original address I used isn't active either Sad.

how is the offline claim done thru Kraken ?

AIUI there's no such thing. You can either a) offline, b) online gox or c) online kraken.
Activity: 37
When asking if you want to accept your claim in BTC or fiat, the offline form states that the trustee is conducting a survey to determine the creditors' preference. Thus it's not yet sure if there will be a choice between fiat and bitcoin. If the claims are paid in bitcoin they are to be done only thru Kraken.
My question is ,being that I can't do the online claim thru Kraken, how is the offline claim done thru Kraken ?

legendary
Well I signed up @ Kraken to be goxxed once again. I really doubt we end up getting anything back though. I already kissed that 15BTC goodbye a year ago. Pretty smart move from Kraken though...basically get the entire Gox user base free.

I understand your skepticism, but hopefully we can exceed your expectations! If you need any specific help with your claim form, please let me know or contact us through support.
legendary
I'm having difficulties making sense of the final trading days and last balance; especially, I want to be sure that outstanding transactions at the time of Gox's default are included in my claim.

I'd like to see the reasoning behind the final balance shown, preferably an official transaction log for my account, so that I can verify it against my own data and older logs. What happened to any outstanding transfers? Were they merged back into the final balance? If so, when?

It's not reasonable to expect users to download their histories every day. Now, if there is anything unclear in the logs we've saved, we have nothing to compare to. The hide-and-seek on important details doesn't making me feel any better about this. Undecided

This is understandable but unfortunately we (Kraken) can't help you with this. You will need to contact the trustee directly. There is a phone number you can try (if you haven't already), which is in the FAQs document on https://www.mtgox.com:

Contact information for inquiries concerning the filing of Exchange-Related Bankruptcy Claims is as follows:

MTGOX Co., Ltd. Office of Bankruptcy Trustee

Telephone: +81-3-4588-3922 (10a.m. - 5p.m. weekdays) (Japan time)

Sorry we can't be more help on this one - hopefully you can make progress with the phone number.
legendary

I'm checking to see if we can offer any suggestions. If you are a Kraken client I also recommend creating a support ticket to connect with our support team directly for the fastest service. You of course always have the option to go with the offline paper filing if the online system doesn't work, but hopefully you can find a solution and avoid that.

Yes, I am a long time client of Kraken. I had already contacted support, though there suggestions didn't work. But I also havn't asked again, as they told me that they were overwelmed by the amount of support tickets they were getting due to the MtGox claims. So I thoght I would wait a bit and ask here if some one else had the same problems.
Well I hope I don't have to do it via the paper filling, I would love to get those free trading fees Cheesy

Yes, our support was under very heavy load for the first few days after claims started. Have you tried again with the MtGox claim site after waiting 24 hours? Apparently the site will lock you out if it sees certain kind of "suspicious" login behavior and you may have triggered this security measure. If that's not it, let me know and we'll try something else.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
I'm having difficulties making sense of the final trading days and last balance; especially, I want to be sure that outstanding transactions at the time of Gox's default are included in my claim.

I'd like to see the reasoning behind the final balance shown, preferably an official transaction log for my account, so that I can verify it against my own data and older logs. What happened to any outstanding transfers? Were they merged back into the final balance? If so, when?

It's not reasonable to expect users to download their histories every day. Now, if there is anything unclear in the logs we've saved, we have nothing to compare to. The hide-and-seek on important details doesn't making me feel any better about this. Undecided
Activity: 695

I'm checking to see if we can offer any suggestions. If you are a Kraken client I also recommend creating a support ticket to connect with our support team directly for the fastest service. You of course always have the option to go with the offline paper filing if the online system doesn't work, but hopefully you can find a solution and avoid that.

Yes, I am a long time client of Kraken. I had already contacted support, though there suggestions didn't work. But I also havn't asked again, as they told me that they were overwelmed by the amount of support tickets they were getting due to the MtGox claims. So I thoght I would wait a bit and ask here if some one else had the same problems.
Well I hope I don't have to do it via the paper filling, I would love to get those free trading fees Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 812
legendary

What about the 483 USD exchange rate?
This exchange rate does NOT mean that you will get 483 USD for your remaining bitcoins if you request payout in fiat. The amounts you enter for various currencies in the claim form are being converted into Japanese yen on the form. The exchange rate in the case of BTC is 50,058.12 yen. The exchange rates being used for all currencies are the rates on the day before the start of bankruptcy proceedings (April 23, 2014 Japan time) and at that time 50,058.12 yen was equivalent to 483 USD. For details, see "FAQs Regarding Filing, Etc. Bankruptcy Claims by MTGOX Bitcoin Exchange Users" (pp. 10-11) at https://www.mtgox.com/.

So, if you claim 1 BTC this will be converted to JPY 50,058.12 on the form. These are just conversion rates for the form and don't imply that any currencies will actually be converted at the given rates or that you will somehow get a distribution in JPY using those rates. It's natural to think that the rates will also serve to help determine your pro rata share of the remaining assets, but this isn't certain either.

Thanks for taking time to address these questions.  So to clarifiy there is no "better" strategy for people when making a claim whether that be fiat or BTC? or is that uncertain? because if you held BTC in gox when it went down and you pick to get paid in fiat there is a small chance your BTC share couldbe treated as a higher $ value vs current market value and you can gain an advantage vs other claims on the total assets?

We don't know for certain (again with the disclaimer  Wink ), but it appears that the remaining assets (and each creditor's share of that) are being determined in JPY. In the end your share of the remaining assets will be x amount of JPY and payouts in currency other than JPY will just be determined at the current exchange rates (NOT the rates given on the claim form). So the choice between getting your payout in fiat or BTC is probably just going to be the choice between getting paid in fiat or the equivalent amount of BTC.

However, it's a bit more complicated than that: According to information provided by the trustee in "Documents distributed at the third creditors’ meeting" (on https://www.mtgox.com), it looks like the majority of remaining assets are currently in the form of bitcoin (approximately 80% at current BTC price). This means that if you have a BTC balance and you request payout in fiat, you are essentially asking the trustee to liquidate your bitcoins for you. Do you really want to have a bureaucratic entity decide how and when to liquidate your remaining bitcoins? Are you confident that you will get a good price that way? No offense to the trustee, but personally I'd rather make my own choice about when to liquidate my remaining BTC and at what price. Also, if you are a bitcoin advocate, you might think that the last thing bitcoin needs right now is another huge block of coins up for sale at auction or on the open market, especially if you have doubts about how well that sale might be handled.

I think the best outcome of this situation will be if the remaining bitcoin can be distributed in kind to creditors, but in order for that to happen, we need a lot of creditors to request payout in bitcoin. Is there a personal financial incentive to taking your payout in bitcoin or fiat though? This isn't clear, but if you are not confident in having the trustee liquidate your bitcoins for you, then this is another reason to choose a BTC payout.

Pages:
Jump to: