Pages:
Author

Topic: Kraken Accepting MtGox Bankruptcy Claims - page 6. (Read 8267 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Trust me!
April 22, 2015, 06:15:57 AM
Okay, so what are the exact terms? Can I claim FIAT deposits? BTC held there? What kind of fee are they're going to retain from my stash? Can't seem to find those information in the mail. Although it sound like a tempting idea!
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 22, 2015, 05:39:00 AM
If I understand correctly that mean people who lost money when MtGox crashed will be able to get their money back? Or it will be only some amenities provided for uses who were customers of MtGox in the past and now are using Kreken. Because they listed something like this:

Creditors claiming funds with Kraken can expect the following benefits:

- 100,000 KFEE credits redeemable for up to $1 million in free trading volume at the lowest fee tier of 0.1%
- Creditor claim and payout support with live chat and email
- Option to receive funds in the form of Bitcoin
- An easier and more convenient process from claim to payout

Is that is all?

i think you can claim your lost funds, in sense that you can gain what have you lost , but i don't know about the percentage, they do not talk about it

If I understand correctly that mean people who lost money when MtGox crashed will be able to get their money back? Or it will be only some amenities provided for uses who were customers of MtGox in the past and now are using Kreken. Because they listed something like this:

- 100,000 KFEE credits redeemable for up to $1 million in free trading volume at the lowest fee tier of 0.1%

Is that is all?

They have 200k bitcoins recovered from mtgox & some fiat, people should get back 25% of what they lost in mtgox is my guess.

The trading promo is if you want to trade on kraken afterwards.

this is an assumption, or you find it in the article? because i can't find such info

the mail i received adds this

"We look forward to helping MtGox creditors with their claims and hope they enjoy our free trade offer. Click the button below to read more about this exciting announcement"

so there is the offers plus the funds claim

Well we know they have 200k coins from the blockchain data. I guess they could try and scam those from us but why would the kraken CEO ever mention payouts in the first place? why bother with processing claims? - just to promote kraken? This would be a very bad promotion if the idea was to scam us of 200k.  Nothing would surprise me tbh.

Anyone else feel like customers are getting the 200k or what?

i don't think they want to scam us, or they might have done it in silence, i think they want to build more volume, hence all the promotions they are offering around this claim

Yes i think they want to build more volume but if was just about that they could have bought advert space on bitcointalk or some other promotions.  Maybe roger ver had a part to play since he is connected to kraken and has many thousands of coins tied up in gox.  Maybe the kraken CEO just wants to be a legend or do the right thing for once, why not.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
April 22, 2015, 05:22:36 AM
They are feeling generous, I would if I just got back 200 K in BTC which assumed lost forever. It is a very nice way to promote the service.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
April 22, 2015, 05:21:21 AM

Is that is all?

i think you can claim your lost funds, in sense that you can gain what have you lost , but i don't know about the percentage, they do not talk about it

Is that is all?

They have 200k bitcoins recovered from mtgox & some fiat, people should get back 25% of what they lost in mtgox is my guess.

this is an assumption, or you find it in the article? because i can't find such info

"We look forward to helping MtGox creditors with their claims and hope they enjoy our free trade offer. Click the button below to read more about this exciting announcement"

Well we know they have 200k coins from the blockchain data. I guess they could try and scam those from us but why would the kraken CEO ever mention payouts in the first place? why bother with processing claims? - just to promote kraken? This would be a very bad promotion if the idea was to scam us of 200k.  Nothing would surprise me tbh.

i don't think they want to scam us, or they might have done it in silence, i think they want to build more volume, hence all the promotions they are offering around this claim
legendary
April 22, 2015, 05:08:45 AM

Is that is all?

Is that is all?

legendary
April 22, 2015, 05:01:23 AM

Is that is all?

Is that is all?

legendary
April 22, 2015, 04:38:36 AM

Is that is all?

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
April 22, 2015, 04:29:09 AM

Is that is all?
legendary
April 22, 2015, 04:20:13 AM
this is a good news indeed and since i love kraken it's even better for me, i received also an email from them about this

http://bitcoinsource.net/btc-news/

“We see our involvement in this process as an opportunity to restore faith in the community by showing what we need more of in the Bitcoin space – trusted leadership,”

don't know if this is the correct section
Pages:
Jump to: