Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC - page 8. (Read 11381 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 22
Turkish Translator
January 21, 2019, 09:35:29 AM
Actually giving KYC is very reasonable but some shitty ICO's needs it too but I give my KYC only legible and reliable projects. Before giving KYC you need to analyses the project first I guess.
Activity: 233
Merit: 1
January 21, 2019, 09:13:43 AM
KYC can be complicated and at times unnecessary especially for small airdrops.
What do you think?

For small airdrops, they're basically gathering information at that point. Stick to bounties in my opinion
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
January 01, 2019, 12:42:15 PM
All negative opinions about KYC are in fact really correct. Because the market is now in a serious stage of weakness. Surely, now you need to try not to go through KYC processes at all because your data will be under threat.

For an airdrop, as what the OP is stating, is correct.Unless it's like a big-time airdrop that could've known around the world and recognized by the majority, then we don't really need KYC at all. In fact, the KYC processes kinda screws up my email address when I attempted to join one and it was spammed by random offers in other projects that is also crypto-related one. Good thing that I didn't use any of my real addresses that will surely be helpful when these untrusted offers emerge.
If you're looking for an airdrop, no matter how large the sum would be (in fact a large sum for an airdrop is quite suspicious already for a scam), just never give away your personal info. I heard that they were selling those information to others, so better be safe than sorry.
The fact that this information is then sold is spoken by very many people, of course there are no reliable sources, but it seems to me that this is real because I rely on my intuition in this regard.
Activity: 588
December 31, 2018, 11:05:29 AM
All negative opinions about KYC are in fact really correct. Because the market is now in a serious stage of weakness. Surely, now you need to try not to go through KYC processes at all because your data will be under threat.
Activity: 169
Vite
December 31, 2018, 10:59:13 AM
What do you think?

It seems that all airdrop projects receive very small rewards, so KYC is unnecessary for airdrop projects. Because it seems we need to spend a lot of time to complete KYC but the reward is not worth it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
December 30, 2018, 11:58:41 PM
The application of KYC will be right when placed on a program that is able to generate good profits. If the reward generated does not have a high enough value of the benefit, it will make you lose the effort you have given to crypto. If KYC is applied to airdrops, it's very ineffective, it's better to avoid it.
Activity: 420
December 30, 2018, 10:08:50 PM
In a project sometimes it is necessary for kyc, although not all of them, I think if what is needed is personal data such as ID card, it is not the most important problem for the participants' personal data to be protected, as long as the data needed is needed for participants.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
December 30, 2018, 08:58:28 PM
It is not worth it if you will do it for airdrops specially for those suspicious ones as they nay only steal your identification but for other campaigns which I believe most of it are because of regulation thats not a problem with me. KYC will definitely give an advantage for honest bounty hunters.
Activity: 392
Merit: 49
December 30, 2018, 08:08:09 PM
Very controversial situation in my opinion. Startups are very young and I just can't know whether to trust them or not. Personal data is not a toy, in bad hands it can become a weapon.
+1 here, everyone should be aware of the dangers regarding KYC because you are giving very sensible personal data to complete strangers. Of course, you can check about the team, but if it's a scam ICO the pictures a fake and your personal data lost if the team members are idiots.
Always avoid KYC because it's dangerous for everyone.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
December 30, 2018, 07:59:16 PM
What do you think?
It is sometimes unnecessary but it is important in my opinion especially in bounty programs. It is prohibited to use multiple accounts in bounties and it happened that in KYC such modus can be detected since there will be identification needs. This will therefore promote equality between participants. It is indeed costing time but if following such rule would promote equality, let's just do it to avoid problems to occur.
Activity: 644
Merit: 12
Alternative investment banking platform
December 30, 2018, 07:58:04 PM
Very controversial situation in my opinion. Startups are very young and I just can't know whether to trust them or not. Personal data is not a toy, in bad hands it can become a weapon.
Activity: 462
December 30, 2018, 07:55:04 PM
I hate KYC process,but there is nothing to do with KYC. I must to pass it, it is a requirement for me, so I just pass it! That's it!
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
December 30, 2018, 07:44:05 PM
What do you think?

It is really not necessary, for bounty hunters, why would you risk sending your vital information for a few cents of useless coins, maybe for the airdrops it is to prevent double account, but on the side of the claimants it is not recommended at all.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin
December 30, 2018, 07:38:41 PM
Yes it will be complicated, especially when the kyc that you want to join, lacks you a requirement. But passing the kyc would give you a good rewards. But make just sure that you choose a legit project.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
December 29, 2018, 07:07:41 AM
What do you think?

Airdrops doesn't should not require a KYC. This not a big time deal that needs your personnal information. It is a waste of time.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
December 29, 2018, 06:55:22 AM
This procedure can be used to check the token sale participants and maybe bounty hunters that are going to receive a large pool of tokens, but it cannot be used for an airdrop where you would get 1 USD at the end.
Activity: 451
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
December 29, 2018, 12:55:05 AM
What do you think?
I think KYC is really unnecessary for bounty campaigns. Because bounty hunters only advertise their projects, there is no reason for them to provide KYC to the project owner.
KYC is only suitable for buying tokens and trading on exchanges
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
December 29, 2018, 12:49:03 AM
For me kyc is only for whitelisting for early buyer . Air drop is a big no no
Activity: 602
December 29, 2018, 12:45:49 AM
KYC is a very important process for token sales and bounties, because it helps to identify fraud users and scammers that are trying to trick the team. But I would never take part in an airdrop that requires a KYC, because I do not want to risk my personal information for some pennies.
if the project is run an airdrop in which it is necessary to pass a KYC - this means the project is a scam. this is just my opinion. I just think that collecting data to participate in the air drop it is nonsense

Yes, I think so too, airdrop doesn't need to be KYC because I think it's just a free, different if it's a bounty because it's a job, because work requires requirements to be accepted.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
December 20, 2018, 04:44:01 PM
Most at times, and this really deter people from even joining such airdrops and bounties at large. How can you give out your personal details to an unknown person for 20 USD or something less. Well  I mostly don't join such projects so its actually about choices.
Pages:
Jump to: