Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 11. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 18
September 16, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
It is a bad thing that in order to get airdrops if tokens that are going to be work a few cents or dollars, one has to fill KYC forms revealing sensitive personal information in the process, this combined with the fact that a lot of projects are scams, it is not worth it and this should be brought to an end. I think we uaers get exposed too much for exploitation from these ICO  projects.
I prefer not to fill any KYC form for airdrops
Activity: 134
Merit: 2
September 16, 2018, 05:13:04 AM
Yes i don't like that passing KYC before you get your Airdrop reword its not supposed to be done that way since it's a free task no need providing kyc for it it's waist of time and not making any sense.
Activity: 902
Merit: 101
September 15, 2018, 11:58:22 PM
for me, I will not follow the airdrop that must be KYC, because there are many airdrops that are scam. if you still want to KYC carefully first the airdrop make sure the airdrop will not misuse your identity.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
September 15, 2018, 11:53:16 PM
I dont like kyc because they are just taking our identity  documents for just few amount of tokens which worths very little so in my opinion kyc should not be done for bounty programs.  It sgould be done for those who have invest alot in crypto so that their amount should be safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 15, 2018, 11:51:19 PM
i never do KYC for airdrops. that is a huge red flag for me. i think they're just trying to collect your info so they can sell it to advertisers or worse, sell it to identity thieves. i see mostly scam airdrops doing this. legally, there is no reason for them to perform KYC for something they give out for free. there is no investment of money or time so there is no need to record identities
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
September 15, 2018, 11:50:49 PM
I also strongly disagree KYC for airdrops. Since the airdrops is very little once the result. and we have to use KYC. This increasingly make airdrops become not interesting anymore.
It is hard to provide actually documents just to earn little btc from these airdrops. With so many scam spreading in crypto never trust easily your identification for Kyc. Agree for that I never joined airdrops because of so many scam.
Activity: 182
September 15, 2018, 11:46:07 PM
I also strongly disagree KYC for airdrops. Since the airdrops is very little once the result. and we have to use KYC. This increasingly make airdrops become not interesting anymore.
Activity: 252
September 15, 2018, 11:38:27 PM
I lost my personal information when joining the airdrop campaign. They do not even pay tokens, I think the purpose of kyc when the airdrop is to collect personal information, and they can sell them or scam
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
September 15, 2018, 11:23:21 PM
Avoid making transactions with this current campaign. Never expose your credentials by just in return of a small portion of a 50/50 chance coin. Better join a bounty campaign than an airdrop that is asking for your KYC details.

why avoid them if you know to yourself that the airdrop that you'v joined are legit ?  but if you are unsure about them and you are doubting , then much better if you can just ignore them because you will only risking your identity to be sold online . worst thing that may happend to you is you may get blacklisted by nbi .  kyc's are not also happening on airdrops because some bounties nowadays are also implementing this feature in order to avoid multi accounts that will abuse their campaign .
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
September 15, 2018, 11:17:31 PM
Avoid making transactions with this current campaign. Never expose your credentials by just in return of a small portion of a 50/50 chance coin. Better join a bounty campaign than an airdrop that is asking for your KYC details.
Activity: 392
Merit: 14
September 15, 2018, 06:35:11 AM
I did a lot of airdrop, and they asked kyc. I realized I had lost my personal information, they did not even pay my token
Do not do the airdrop that kc requests, it's all scam
It can't be said that they are all scams, but what is certain is that they are unwilling to pay for it. This is a rogue behavior. If their ICO fails, then your KYC is still in their hands, they can use Your KYC does anything, you can't stop it.
Activity: 54
September 15, 2018, 06:34:38 AM
bounty with KYC is still in reasonable condition though also risky and data belonging to it will be unfortunate if misused. especially in the airdrop if you need KYC I guess is better than nothing at all should bear the risk of such things. let alone the airdrop often currently contains scam and phishing scams. of course, this will be the very high risk.
Activity: 75
September 15, 2018, 06:31:56 AM
I did a lot of airdrop, and they asked kyc. I realized I had lost my personal information, they did not even pay my token
Do not do the airdrop that kc requests, it's all scam
Activity: 55
September 15, 2018, 06:27:53 AM
There have always been many dissatisfied with KYC, many want everything to be anonymous, but few people think that there are still many people who live in countries where KYC is not required and other things will leave them as huge goals for local securities laws.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
September 15, 2018, 06:22:39 AM
Yes, this is a terrible beginning. If this trend spreads, many criminals will focus on this. They will use various methods to defraud your KYC and use it for illegal purposes. So I think we should boycott these bounty that need to provide KYC verification.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
September 15, 2018, 05:38:32 AM
it is really ridicilous to demand kyc for airdrops. consider that 99 percent of airdrops are fake and scam. even we saw so many kyc and passport detail leaks from very strong icos. if you send your details for an airdrop, they will probably sell your passport copy.
Activity: 196
September 14, 2018, 09:26:43 PM
I do not participate in airdrops, because there is no sense from them. But to pass KYC for airdrop, I do not understand.. It is necessary to avoid such airdrop
Activity: 98
September 14, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
I agree with you, KYC should not be a requirement for bounties, nor for airdrops, in the end, I will not expose my identity to strangers on the Internet, I have no idea what they are going to do with it, so I do not think that a few tokens are worth to compromise my privacy.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
September 14, 2018, 07:27:05 PM
I understand when people pass KYC to get a good reward for participating in the bounty, but to pass KYC for the sake of obtaining tokens from airdrop is very stupid, they pay a penny)

I don't agree with you. There is no reason to agree to go for KYC in my opinion. How good the reward should be in order to risk your identity? I believe that KYC is bad for all of us and it is bad for business.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
September 14, 2018, 07:18:47 PM
I don't ever give KYC for airdrops. There is no proceedings. I am not their customer or client. Why would they need to check my income and source of funds? It makes no sense at all.
Well KYC doesn't necessarily means they'd have access to your income or source of money. Anyway your personal details are however at stake because you submit to unknown people or company. Also, it depends on the type of project, some projects will actually require every holder to go through KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: