Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 8. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 1
September 29, 2018, 03:07:52 PM
This as go astray to the features of cryptocurrency.
Uploading personal documents for airdrop is not ideal because once identity can be use unjustly.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
September 29, 2018, 02:13:45 PM
Yes to airdrop this is very bad I think , now not every idrop guess some will pay and then there kyc to go through this just to give to someone I think so!
Activity: 560
September 29, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
Its very pathetic when bounty hunters and airdrop participants are obliged to exchange their personal details for some meagre coins. KYC is to prevent citizens of some countries from investing in certain ICOs and since bounty hunters and airdrop participants are not investing with real money, I see no need for KYC from them
Activity: 392
Merit: 107
September 29, 2018, 01:54:42 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I totally agree with you on this,in egenral about KYC and especially about KYC for airdrops.Thing is ,why would people even give their documenst for something so insignificant as airdrop reward,ill never understand that.I can understand givign documents for Bounty if you expoect atleast few hundred dollars worth of tokens,but airdrops that give that much are exteremely rare.If all airdrop participants decide not to join if KYC is requiredmthey would surely have to change something.
Activity: 108
September 29, 2018, 01:51:37 PM
I am very negative about this procedure because it violates a person's right to anonymity. But your case is completely incomprehensible to me. This is nonsense - to require documents for participating in airdrop.
It'sa very ignorant move that the developers won't seem to understand in crypto, plus most cant code.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 29, 2018, 01:48:21 PM
it's a manner to get loose files from many human beings free of charge. Then these documents can be bought in a darknet and earn on it. it is a scam to demand documents to send cash for some cents or dollar.
Activity: 490
September 29, 2018, 01:46:55 PM
I am very negative about this procedure because it violates a person's right to anonymity. But your case is completely incomprehensible to me. This is nonsense - to require documents for participating in airdrop.
Activity: 94
September 29, 2018, 01:04:38 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

KYC is one the security issues that is in contrary with the decentralized principle of crypocurrency in the blockchain technology space,I personally don't love the idea. Thanks
Activity: 107
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 29, 2018, 12:58:42 PM
I better not to use KYC procedure because I think it is not safe. The data provided would certainly be a consideration I. This personal data is very important in my opinion so I may not be easy to give this to someone else. So we must remain cautious.
I completely with you agree. Too I worry and I do not want to provide the private papers to strangers, it can be very dangerous to us.
Activity: 216
September 29, 2018, 12:56:12 PM
Now a days there are lots of AirDrop project came in this online industry but as I know somewhere drop need to verify your account so admin want to prove then need syllabus KYC form. Lots of people dislike this system because people don't want to share his personal information any kind of unknown person. I think kyc is a security for this project because people use multiple accounts so they need to KYC for his requirement.
Activity: 268
September 29, 2018, 07:10:50 AM
Sometimes it even kills the desire to participate in any project. I don't like that it's so weird.  I just want to earn some tokens, why would I risk so much? This is one of the worst components of the cryptocurrency world, which is incredibly annoying
Activity: 308
September 27, 2018, 05:49:40 AM
And I think a good idea for KYC drops and bounty - it is very hard to cut the number of bots-multiaccounters. Let everything be honest
Activity: 307
September 25, 2018, 12:14:26 PM
KYC is good in my opinion and not a big problem. but you have to be careful in giving our personal data for a project the bounty. Because not all projects that use KYC it could be successful. And I have experience with projects that use KYC. And I qualify the use of KYC but until now they have not paid me. And their project proves to be a scam.

The procedure itself is not a problem. The problem is the ability to collect and use personal data for criminal purposes or to sell them. In fact, when sending data, we do not know to whom we send it, how it is stored and secured. And this is the main disadvantage of KYC.
Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 25, 2018, 12:02:22 PM
Air drops are for freee!!
Those tokens anyone can create!

Does not make sense at all to ask kyc !!

Crypto is privacy.

Cheaters?  So what? Profit comes if you sell those coins with eth or btc or even fiat !!
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
September 25, 2018, 04:18:02 AM
Japan and other technically developed countries now demand kyc from the investors and traders, I think in the nearest future this will be also applicable for airdroppers .
Activity: 110
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 25, 2018, 03:37:17 AM
It is quite unfortunate that is the order of the day now. Exchanges, ICOs, airdrops, bouties  are not left behind in this dangerous precedent. It is the new norm.  I agree with you that crypto enthusiasts need to stand up against this evil. Or else it will set us back in our development as a community. Criminals under the guise of KYC for airdrops, ICOs etc are harvesting people's data for criminal activities.  We need to wake up and be up and doing
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
September 25, 2018, 02:40:20 AM
KYC is good in my opinion and not a big problem. but you have to be careful in giving our personal data for a project the bounty. Because not all projects that use KYC it could be successful. And I have experience with projects that use KYC. And I qualify the use of KYC but until now they have not paid me. And their project proves to be a scam.
Activity: 252
September 25, 2018, 02:32:44 AM
While the Crypto currency is not given serious penalties, the KYC itself is not dangerous so I do not see a problem in order to pass it
Activity: 406
September 25, 2018, 02:25:16 AM

I think this is a good option. Because some cheaters have taken up a lot in a spreadsheet. So KYC came out and made them more difficult. Airdrop is sought by so many people and therefore the project owners need to revise their marketing strategies to achieve high efficiency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
September 25, 2018, 02:19:35 AM
I better not to use KYC procedure because I think it is not safe. The data provided would certainly be a consideration I. This personal data is very important in my opinion so I may not be easy to give this to someone else. So we must remain cautious.
Pages:
Jump to: