Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 5. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
January 16, 2019, 11:49:12 AM
They only want to protect themselves before cheaters who are abusing airdrop programs to collect many free tokens.
What is your opinion how to stop this behavior?
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
January 16, 2019, 11:45:01 AM
Let's talk objectively. The KYC procedure today has a huge number of bugs. Today, unfortunately, people simply do not understand that they are in big trouble. Today it is a fact that few people understand. Security violated due to KYC process
Activity: 1048
Merit: 102
January 16, 2019, 11:17:49 AM
the use of kyc on airdrop is less effective and efficient, imagine we are required to provide personal data only for airdrop tokens whose prices are even very cheap, especially when there are many airdrop scams and the security of personal data provided is not guaranteed, it is better not to follow airdrop that requires Kyc
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Vite
January 16, 2019, 10:56:55 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I think KYC is needed to stop scammers. But this makes a lot of uncomfortable people.KYC is too cumbersome but the reward for airdrop projects is very small  Embarrassed
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
January 16, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
From  three-year experience of participation in Airdrop, I can say that good, honest projects will not accept the KYC procedure for a simple Airdrop.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
January 16, 2019, 10:46:40 AM
I really don't understand the KYC procedure for bounty hunters and i will not understand ever. I think this must be for big buyers or traders. There would be only one answer that someone needs our names, addresses, phone numbers and documents, i don't know what will they do with that but it is not something pleasent for me.. Could be something dangerous..
It would be logical to ask the employer for the documents, where he gets the money from, who works for him. In any case, investors are being tested, but this should not apply to participants in the Bounty campaign.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
January 16, 2019, 10:42:31 AM
I really don't understand the KYC procedure for bounty hunters and i will not understand ever. I think this must be for big buyers or traders. There would be only one answer that someone needs our names, addresses, phone numbers and documents, i don't know what will they do with that but it is not something pleasent for me.. Could be something dangerous..
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
January 16, 2019, 09:51:15 AM
This is too much if airdrop requires that the cyc and the value it gets are also not that big and comparable to what airdrop participants get. this must indeed be stopped
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 16, 2019, 09:42:04 AM
IF there is no More new ico.. s
People refuse to Taking part in ico-s and air drops.
coz of Document issues.. then ethereum Will crash Down.
Activity: 498
Merit: 1
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
January 15, 2019, 07:57:56 PM
It's totally not worth it and most airdrops are scam being purported behind airdrops. I wouldn't trust any airdrop with my private detail especially not when 99% are worthless.
Activity: 566
Merit: 107
January 15, 2019, 07:53:12 PM
the problem of kyc indeed makes cryptocurrency more complicated, but sometimes kyc is needed for exchange purposes, but for projects that are not related to exchangers in my opinion it is a little strange and sometimes some of them can be manipulated by some people using data circulating on the internet, I prefer to use kyc only for projects that are indeed exchange themes
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
January 15, 2019, 04:01:21 PM

i fully agree not even i like to do kyc for bounty of the icos, much less for the airdrop that then the documents end up in the hands of unknown people, the bounty hunters should make a common front and refuse regardless of all situations where kyc is required
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
January 15, 2019, 02:56:11 PM
I don't support kyc for ICO purchase or generally crypto talkless of airdrop. I think airdrop is meant for people to benefit a penny of what the project has for the mass without buying or lobbying, so why need for kyc again for airdrop, that I don't support why: because nobody ever know where this our kyc document are been stored and been used for after collecting. Because we're in the internet age, one just need to be very careful with identity.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
January 15, 2019, 02:30:27 PM
This is ridiculous and I don’t understand why I should go through KYC in order to receive airdrops it’s terrible, because today it’s really a big threat that can come as a whole from the fact that today people distribute their documents.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
January 15, 2019, 02:16:45 PM
As far is a way of identifying one's customers I see no reason to call kyc bad but I think it should be for those who purchase the product since they are customers not those working for them there's is a clear difference between both of them and if there should be any kyc for airdrop participants I think it should be introduced before the project not after.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
January 15, 2019, 01:40:11 PM
I am not a airdrop Hunter so this is the first I have heard some manager asking Kyc details for airdrop ,from last year, for bounty Kyc is generally necessary in many project which is also wrong as it is service we are providing to them,but I don't think Kyc for airdrop will be required as it's them who are offering coin to others.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 15, 2019, 01:38:07 PM
In my opinion, the fact is that you cannot always precisely determine how legitimate the project is, which means that by going through the KYC procedure you put your personal data at risk.
There are many ways to weed out bots and multi-accounts without resorting to the KYC.

That's true!

but Document vefification process is becouse the ico creators Will create like new Form of money.
tokens are like new Form of money.

but any Document verification in crypto is Not Fair.
crypto is privacy Thing but guess what?
You are Not ment to be free!!
You have no rights to operate how You Want.
More and More Rules and regulations Come in to crypto play -ground, but who need them?

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 15, 2019, 01:35:57 PM
How much money do you plan to make with airdrop? The airdrop already allows you to earn only a few dollars or a few cents at the moment. Do not give your information to others, so I think it is quite unnecessary to do kyc Wink
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
January 15, 2019, 01:25:23 PM
In my opinion, the fact is that you cannot always precisely determine how legitimate the project is, which means that by going through the KYC procedure you put your personal data at risk.
There are many ways to weed out bots and multi-accounts without resorting to the KYC.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
January 15, 2019, 01:16:30 PM
I would not risk my own documents to take part in another airdrop to get several cents. Never provide your documents for an airdrop guys, it does not make sense and it is very unsafe. Nobody knows what the project would do with your docs.
Pages:
Jump to: