Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 23. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 10, 2018, 11:55:51 AM
In my opinion, the КYC procedure is only needed in ICO projects, in all other cases it is simply not needed! I do not trust the projects that use the KYC procedure for airdrops, bounty campaigns and other actions!
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
September 10, 2018, 09:43:47 AM
so that cryptocurrency can be accepted by the whole world, KYC is needed. and in my opinion this is a good step so that Crypto can be better in the future.
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
September 10, 2018, 09:34:39 AM
It is a huge possibility that many that do request for kyc are scams or may not really need to collect such, but there are a couple of others just trying to be safe as far as government regulations are concerned
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
September 10, 2018, 09:31:46 AM
I think that this is a necessary stage. Verification is a method of protection and a means of verifying the identity. Now there are cases of fraud and deception, so KYC is a guarantee of security
I glad your mr, nice statement  Wink
Is it safe for we (hunters) ?

I thought if I wanted to follow bounty just on social media is not good because we also have to know what token value for each hunter's is worth after the campaign over. I'm a little confused once there an obscure campaign required KYC  I think safe it play to speculation. so far I just followed the (evident proof) but it's a simple KYC..its just a selfie and used the name of project

What do you think next time regarding the campaign should be its KYC?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 08:53:28 AM
yes, it depends on the project, but nowadays more and more ico requires you to identify your identity as an investor
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
September 10, 2018, 08:45:46 AM
Not all ICO and exchanger requires KYC, there are only some of them.
KYC is required on some platform or project to make sure that the people participating will not be from any restricted country.
If they will let a citizen of a particular country it will give them a big problem.
Though doing KYC is really dangerous especially to those SCAM ICO.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
September 10, 2018, 08:42:52 AM
I'm not supporting this KYC so I stay away from these ICO's that implement KYC because there is no need of that you can buy the token or coin in exchanges where you don't need to go through KYC at all, and some of these ICO did not succeed and projects are paused or developers totally leave the project, so where do your details go it's hard to know.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
September 10, 2018, 08:38:37 AM
I think that this is a necessary stage. Verification is a method of protection and a means of verifying the identity. Now there are cases of fraud and deception, so KYC is a guarantee of security
Activity: 88
September 10, 2018, 07:53:52 AM
I wouldn't want to give my ID to anyone just for a bounty campaign. Kind of goes against the name KYC, seeing as we're not customers.
Activity: 87
September 10, 2018, 07:49:53 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

We really do not need to give out our personal information all in the name of kyc to actually participate in airdrops and bounties. If anyone of them requires you to do kyc to participate in them then I suggest that you run far away from it. There is always the possibility of the project makers selling out your information to hackers on the darknet and they will use your information for fraudulent purposes
Activity: 412
Merit: 13
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
September 09, 2018, 01:41:17 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

I think by submitting our KYC document to the project it is also a form of support for the success of the bounty being carried out. indeed it is not important to be given our identity. but if for example the project wants to be responsible for the use of that identity, then you better leave it.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
September 09, 2018, 01:18:01 PM
No KYC is not required.  It's an information grab.  Your data is very valuable and can be sold.  Especially if the project fails and they want to make a quick cash grab.  

KYC is ruining Crypto and may be one of the reasons ICO's are struggling.  Anyone with any common sense at all will not send personal documents over the internet.  It just doesn't make sense to do so.  Especially when the ICO's crash immediately after launching on an exchange.  Just avoid all KYC projects and eventually KYC will die.  

Once your name is attached with your Public wallet address and we no longer have fiat you will be a tax slave for the rest of your life.   I'm sure your greed will blind you however please consider what happens when the government can monitor every transaction you make.  
Activity: 350
September 06, 2018, 07:47:24 AM
I think kyc in crypto it really require. I think it also good for us. But sometimes many kyc are requirements many identification. All identity we can not give. So sometimes we hate many kyc system.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
September 09, 2018, 01:17:17 PM
KYC is now required for many bounty. I happened to be doing bounty, and he suddenly demanded KYC for the hunters, and the document is needed in English. Why do this, it is a negative trend for bounty hunters, how can you trust such a collection of personal data when they are collected through Google form?
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
September 09, 2018, 01:09:38 PM
I think that it is necessary to avoid cheating in ICO, generosity, ups. KYC will make these ICO, generosity ... more reliable. But be careful with KYC, choose only good projects to upload your personality.
Activity: 78
September 07, 2018, 08:11:08 AM
Some of them seem to require it lately. Personally I try to avoid any asking for ID, don't really want to be sending it everywhere.
Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
September 07, 2018, 08:10:20 AM
I can’t see the problem in KYC. Many pass the KYC without problem by fake documents made in Photoshop. I think, KYC is being for screening of inattentive bounty hunter or multi accounts
Activity: 350
September 02, 2018, 09:39:11 AM

Despite all the controversy and discussion issues, I'm still confident in the benefits of KYC technology for the modern crypto market. The technology allows to reliably prevent the risk of fraud, to confirm the authenticity of its customers. I believe that it is better to know the identity of your client - an actual form of protection for each party today.
Activity: 183
Merit: 11
August 31, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
Nobody is obliged to accept the terms and conditions that each ICO has to invest in their tokens, since each project is based in different countries and they are obliged to comply with the requirements of each country.

Personally, I think it is an appropriate step towards the regularization of the market that is not necessarily inappropriate, because it would mean an open door for the attraction of institutional capital.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
September 02, 2018, 09:21:16 AM
Not really. anonymity is better. Giving your information to the unknown is opening a door to the burglar.
Better to be safe than regret later.
Pages:
Jump to: