Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 27. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
August 27, 2018, 12:44:14 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
No I will not submit my personal information in term of KYC or other reason not only for ICOs (Because I don't believe in it anymore) , even for some exchanges required KYC . the main reason for cryptocurrency is to accept our privacy for government and hackers .

maybe you are right, but if later all projects or exchangers ask for KYC how is your attitude? if you still insist that you don't want to surrender KYC, it means that your space will be increasingly limited, you can even be excluded from the crypto world.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
August 27, 2018, 12:35:17 PM
I've heard a lot about KYC being just a way to collect personal information, especially with airdrops

It is not entirely clear to whom and where personal data is sent. Often, KYC is only used to collect data, an example of which is airdrop. This is a very uncomfortable situation when we do not know what the collected data can be used for.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
August 27, 2018, 12:29:21 PM
Do we really need kyc in cryptocurrency the answer is yes but sometimes you found out that some project only requires kyc for bounty or for airdrop. All the project's have there owns.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
HalommmmE is my LOVE
August 27, 2018, 12:12:20 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
No I will not submit my personal information in term of KYC or other reason not only for ICOs (Because I don't believe in it anymore) , even for some exchanges required KYC . the main reason for cryptocurrency is to accept our privacy for government and hackers .
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
August 27, 2018, 12:09:13 PM
I think so buddy,.
I also feel very confused about this problem, in my opinion, KYC is not so necessary for bounty hunters as different from those of investors, but it has become a requirement to be able to get a bounty, so we have to do it as a claim sign.
Activity: 720
Merit: 103
August 27, 2018, 04:50:21 AM
It seems to me through the verification of the person trying to reduce the risks of fraud. I do not mind such a procedure, but I also want all developers and project team members to go through this procedure first. It will be fair.
Activity: 700
August 27, 2018, 04:35:44 AM
whether the purpose is certainly to what is also a difficult thing to understand. but it is precisely this that many many people avoided because of this KYC risk enough regarding the requirement that must be given. We will never know will serve as what KYC provided and of course will also provide vigilance in this regard.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 27, 2018, 04:35:08 AM
Dear friend,
KYC in crypto, does it really require? Yes, I think it is neccessary for us to verify. It make us more safety in the crypto world due to illegal thing in many countries. Another way, it run on high technology background, so hackers and scammers are a lot.
Activity: 252
August 27, 2018, 04:33:47 AM
Investors may need KYC, but for hunters, there is no need to request data for tokens, the number of which is meager and their number can not affect anything
Activity: 137
Merit: 25
August 27, 2018, 04:07:46 AM
For bounties, I don't think it is needed. But for purchasing tokens, then KYC will be needed because a lot of people buy a huge number of tokens.
fews of bounty required KYC for their participants to claim the rewards, at this moment KYC maybe only for investor before invest in project. But if bounty or airdrop needed KYC, I think we must check that company is safe to keep your data.
Activity: 644
August 27, 2018, 04:28:51 AM
This procedure is actually very good, but we don't know if it's very awake the secrets of our data or not. It was during this into my mind. Some of the projects that I can be of some use KYC for the prize. But I didn't do such a procedure because I am afraid if one day it is misused.
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
August 27, 2018, 04:16:38 AM
It is required, but you can use fake documents,because privacy is more important and actually KYC services don't care checking properly documents, so you can save your privacy!
Activity: 68
August 27, 2018, 04:06:55 AM
I've heard a lot about KYC being just a way to collect personal information, especially with airdrops
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
August 27, 2018, 04:02:09 AM
For bounties, I don't think it is needed. But for purchasing tokens, then KYC will be needed because a lot of people buy a huge number of tokens.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
August 27, 2018, 03:54:01 AM
KYC in crypto in my opinion hurts for ISO. If a large investor wants to buy a $ 1,000,000 long-term project token, he will seriously doubt when KYC asks him: where do you live? number of your passport? I believe that KYC greatly reduces the number of tokens being sold.
Activity: 85
August 26, 2018, 02:12:18 PM
Just projects want to be legal. They try not to break the law now and in the future. If you do not want to pass the KYC, just do not participate in the ICO.
Projects want the ICO to be legal though they usually don't end with good terms. It's much safer to not invest during that kyc phase.
Activity: 672
August 26, 2018, 02:10:04 PM
Honestly, I don't know for whose safety the created KYC. After revealing the identity and transferring your data to third parties, I am in danger!
Activity: 112
August 26, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
so it's better to be in need because we know it's easier to use with hackers and avoid multiple accounts. so it's just more legally used for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 202
August 26, 2018, 03:15:48 AM
This procedure is not so terrible, and according to your data it is unlikely that something bad can happen. I refer to it negatively only because of the extra hemorrhoids . KYC is a very clear procedure-to protect against multiple accounts and fraud project
Activity: 185
August 25, 2018, 08:30:17 AM
Well some of ICO includes KYC to ensure their accounts may not get into someones and its also use for the anti-money laundering which is other countries are ruling in.
Pages:
Jump to: