Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 31. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
August 18, 2018, 09:13:07 AM
For ICO, KYC is not required. There are many projects that do not require KYC. I am actually confused about the project that needs KYC. I also want to know why they need us to provide this information. I don't think KYC is necessary, so I rarely participate in ICOs that need KYC.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
Co-founder Love Air Promise
August 18, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
I remember my first investment in cryptocurrency, I invested in one project and I got a message to complete my kyc before I can get paid. So sad that I failed the kyc because my pictures were not clear and a whole lot. This really scared me of kyc issues. They really help a lot though I didn't benefit.
Activity: 490
August 18, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
In some countries cryptocurrency is banned, so in order to avoid breaking the laws of those countries, the project party requires KYC verification when selling the token to ensure that it will not violate the law.
Activity: 202
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 07:36:30 AM
This procedure is not so terrible, and according to your data it is unlikely that something bad can happen. I refer to it negatively only because of the extra hemorrhoids . KYC is a very clear procedure-to protect against multiple accounts and fraud project
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
August 18, 2018, 09:09:41 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
in my point of view, crypto for me. is more on privacy and security.
protecting your anonimousity in a way. and having a secure transaction.
but with kyc, it clearly violates this privileges. i think KYC is like a way where government agency could probably have a way to control upcoming cryptos,
they might get control of everything but if they have something like half of it. i think its okay.
its just i dont like KYC, it violates my privacy. and i dont really understand the necessity on implementing it.
Activity: 420
August 18, 2018, 09:02:17 AM
I think it's needed although it's for ICO or bounty or airdrop Smiley. ICO project or bounty campaign often don't spend for everyone from every country all over the world so they need to require KYC for their participants to make sure that all their participants are valid to join their bounty or project Smiley.
Activity: 182
August 18, 2018, 09:00:34 AM
No. for Some project kyc isn't required . Kyc mean know your costomer . To approve kyc we have to submit our private details. Some ico projects and bounties we have to pass the kyc for get token. But for all ico and bounties kyc is not required . I think kyc is not important for crypto field. There for it waste much time and some documents are rejected in non english country .
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
August 18, 2018, 08:54:33 AM
There are different and contradictory views on this issues. Personally, I think KYC in ICO is not necessary since one may not know how best these ICO managers can handle such sensitive issues.
Activity: 371
August 18, 2018, 08:50:29 AM
KYC is required fro investor so the team will know if the person is with or with our the restricted countries.
But does KYC real? i mean the documents that investors passing is real?
there are many fakes documents in the world right?
Activity: 336
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
August 18, 2018, 08:47:56 AM
Yes, I think in General kyc is not needed in the crypto currency, because of this crypto currency becomes decentralized, and this is bad!
Activity: 70
August 18, 2018, 08:40:51 AM
Kyc is very necessary to me in keeping our personal investment and money safe.We always need to prove authentication of our works or investment so that we refrain from hackers or scammers around.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
August 18, 2018, 08:28:45 AM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
sometimes bounty campaign do require their bounty participants to attend kyc, but for me its not necessary that's why I dont take my part for the kinds of bounty that requires kyc. but if they announce it at the late event of the project, then you should submit to receive your reward.
Activity: 308
Swipe!
August 18, 2018, 07:43:03 AM
If exists and being used broadly then it is required. Mostly it is used because of law issues, if managing teams won't do KYC for customers then the will have really big problems with governments.
Activity: 322
August 18, 2018, 07:32:00 AM
To my regret yes, it is a requirement, but I don't want to pass KYC and sometimes it really makes me suffering from passing KYC,especially if KYC requirement wasn't announced previously.
Activity: 140
August 18, 2018, 07:30:16 AM
Bitcoin was created to be a decentralized currency, that is true, but we see, that not all aspect of this market is following this style.
Activity: 31
August 17, 2018, 03:14:54 PM
KYC has the objective to security. I believe it's a little help, and furthermore I concur with presence of KYC. In any case, it does in some cases, this KYC expressions that influence us to need to think long. Since there is a KYC utilizing Passport. Yet, my own, don't have that Passport.
Activity: 350
August 17, 2018, 05:48:57 AM
I'm also agree with your points. Some of bounty campaigns are required to make KYC on their website and they say that is because of scammers. But I think it is not comfortable to bounty participants to make KYC. Bounty hunters are not suppose to expose their personal secrets information to another.
Activity: 1036
August 17, 2018, 05:36:37 AM
I am sad to state this fact, but Yes, KYC is currently an important part of the cryptocurrency world. If you want to trade or sell cryptocurrency for a dollar at the normal rate, you will certainly need to pass the verification on the necessary resources.
Activity: 224
August 17, 2018, 04:48:25 AM
They ask KYC is not necessary, in my opinion it should not be because after the KYC received the tokens code and they sold out, the KYC becomes nen meaningless
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
August 17, 2018, 04:47:36 AM
I think the good way to pass KYC are the services like Telegram Passport or Civic, KEY, SELFKEY. You are send the docs to trusted company and then they are approve that you are real.
Pages:
Jump to: