Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 33. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 03:01:09 AM
For every ICO kyc is not required.Some ICO you can buy without using kyc. But which ICO needed kyc that should be secure .
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
August 16, 2018, 02:56:16 AM
Certainly very much needed, because security in investing is very necessary. KYC is one of the best security systems. Where it is very difficult to break into, because it uses the identity card and the original signature of the investor concerned. Therefore it is very important even in my opinion all ICO projects must use the KYC system. So that security can be trusted.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 02:42:26 AM
may I also quite confused as to why this is required. KYC for the system is difficult to understand the real function. This would be quite risky If this could be done because the data sent will fall into the wrong hands and ultimately could be used for things that are not appropriate.
Activity: 68
August 16, 2018, 02:40:19 AM
In any project anyone need to share many sensitive information and data. Then fraud can sell your data on deep or dark web, So be secure need to use kyc for ICO.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
August 16, 2018, 02:35:14 AM
Yeah I guess it becomes a need for security and the need for the data. It used to be to invest in ico or our new crypto does not require data for kyc verif. There are only transactions from the wallet and fill in a little bit of data requested by the team.
Activity: 266
August 16, 2018, 02:32:19 AM
As far as I know these are requirements of the exchanges but not all ICOs require KYc. There are a lot of ICOs out there that you can participate without passing KYC
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
August 16, 2018, 02:13:06 AM
I don’t feel comfortable passing through kyc verification as I don’t want to share personal information,especially when it’s about crypto but I realize this is important ICO to prevent cheating.
It's not actually be required to prevent cheating but instead to not breaking the regulation, there's a really big chance that someone could use ICO to launder their money without no one knowing if the kyc is not required
and that could be a problem for the project since the government could simple close the project down after they found out.
Activity: 188
Merit: 1
xCrypt
August 16, 2018, 02:09:36 AM
I don’t feel comfortable passing through kyc verification as I don’t want to share personal information,especially when it’s about crypto but I realize this is important ICO to prevent cheating.
Activity: 462
August 16, 2018, 02:01:10 AM
The crypto is decentralization, it is not necessary to give personal information here. I think we should come out of this way. We can not centralize crypto with our data. I think you're right.

it is not correlated with decentralization , but it correlated with money source.team developer make this police in order to prevent money usage from criminal case.
Activity: 109
August 16, 2018, 01:57:00 AM
KYC is a common thing in todays financial market. Before any kind of financial transaction most of the financial organization requires KYC form to be filled. crypto is also a kind of financial market. They require kyc so that they can verify your identity and ensuring that you are gonna cheat. The process of KYC is similar for almost every crypto exchange. It helps to keep check of those who buys and then convert one crypto to another. It helps to check the balance of those exchangers. Lastly, it works as your identity in a crypto exchange and kyc is growing famous in crypto community.
Activity: 109
August 16, 2018, 01:56:07 AM
KYC, in my opinion, does not go with the decentralization theory itself. If KYC information is being collected, where the information will be stored? Will the collected data be shared with everyone? If that is true, then won't it make a threat for them who have given data in the form? That makes so many questions.
Activity: 116
August 16, 2018, 01:28:05 AM
There are some ico which are deal with your personal information. for avoiding scam they used kyc. but it's not for all the ico, there are some which requires this kyc.
Activity: 31
August 15, 2018, 07:40:03 AM
Crypto is the most expanded market platform. Anyone can invest here. i think personal information should not be given to him. Because crypto is decentralization. I think you're right.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
August 14, 2018, 07:17:39 PM
I think that a special secure platform is needed through which our documents will pass, I do not want to trust my documents to projects, they are too easy to crack.
Activity: 204
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
August 14, 2018, 07:02:52 PM
KYC in cryptocurrency is not required for bounty participants because I think the purpose of KYC is to prevent someone from cheating and to manipulate the ICO. Therefore, KYC should only invest with the investors in the project. Therefore, KYC should not be used with bounty and airdrop members.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
August 14, 2018, 06:59:45 PM
Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

Yes, the KYC verification is important when the user is investing their money in ICOs. Imagine if you traveling without your National ID or Passport or going to school or office without your identification card. For the cryptocurrency projects and exchanges, this is the same thing and doing business with people they have not personally vetted. However, I don't support the KYC verification of users for airdrop and bounty campaigns because there is no financial involvement from the user side.
Activity: 322
Merit: 14
August 14, 2018, 06:53:11 PM
KYC is used to verify the authenticity of the user. But I am only worried if there is a misuse of data used by irresponsible parties. Which can hurt many people.
until now there is no any abuse for KYC in cryptocurrency. they use KYC as i should be
that's why i dont worry to give them my personal data to fill KYC

Goggle and search through the forum, there are tens of cases when was detected that KYC databases were sold and people found their personal information leaked.
Do you think selling personal data is normal and legal?
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 06:46:46 PM
I am against KYC, but to my regret it became a requirement. So, I stick to buy fake documents and pass KYC using such methods, because I don't want to disclose identity.
I have never failed KYC , all ICOs even with KYC intermediaries like Sub and Substance accepted my fake documents
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
August 14, 2018, 06:35:31 PM
Left to me, i do not support the integration of KYC into crypto, not to even talk of bounty. There are times i just don't understand and get scared whenever personal dara are being asked for.
Activity: 31
August 14, 2018, 05:33:48 PM
I think decentralization of crypto does not require any personal information here. You said right. Trying to centralize crypto means it is against policy. I want to know more about this.
Pages:
Jump to: