Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 34. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 14, 2018, 04:40:51 PM
Most people completely say that Know Your Customer isn´t a justifiable process for a large number of coins. They do not have the righs of securities and should not require of that approach.
Activity: 77
August 14, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
The crypto is decentralization, it is not necessary to give personal information here. I think we should come out of this way. We can not centralize crypto with our data. I think you're right.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 14, 2018, 04:06:58 PM
KYC is used to verify the authenticity of the user. But I am only worried if there is a misuse of data used by irresponsible parties. Which can hurt many people.
until now there is no any abuse for KYC in cryptocurrency. they use KYC as i should be
that's why i dont worry to give them my personal data to fill KYC
Activity: 308
August 14, 2018, 03:53:39 PM
honestly speaking it is not , it not require for all it is actually limited on a certain amount of people so I will advise everyone to not to think about it until you gets the proper information
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
August 14, 2018, 03:26:11 PM
it was not required originally, but probably someone wants to make crypto centralised and add taxes to crypto incomes, that's why just all of ICOs and exchanges demand KYC.
The governments and banks need to know everything about you because you could be "dangerous" for your country. And also they are afraid that you will not pay taxes and blah blah blah. We do not live in freedom Wink.
Activity: 154
August 14, 2018, 03:24:03 PM
Anyone can be tempted to give sensitive information in the form of KYC. There is always a chance that this info will be misused. Therefore one needs to be careful as KYC is not mandatory to ICOs, airdrops etc.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
August 14, 2018, 03:20:51 PM
It depends on the country and payment type. In America the rules are more strict and KYC is usually required. It isn't a bad thing, there are too many scammers prowling these markets, KYC if applied to the project team will help investors weed out the crooks
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 03:14:43 PM
I think giving KYC for reputed and real projects is no matter. but there are fake ICO's that asking KYC for bounty participant also.In now we have to careful lot when even for selecting a bounty to do
to date, almost half of the company's Bounty already requires the provision of personal data. But it will be even worse if you need to confirm your personal data with a phone call or VibER or Skype.
Activity: 122
Merit: 2
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
August 14, 2018, 03:10:56 PM
I think giving KYC for reputed and real projects is no matter. but there are fake ICO's that asking KYC for bounty participant also.In now we have to careful lot when even for selecting a bounty to do
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
August 14, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
If you have been in the cryptocurrency space long enough, you’ll recall that exchanges like Poloniex, Binance, and many others did not originally require users to submit any information. Now, however, users are required to upload a form of identification to prove that they are who they claim to be.

And in general, crypto firms are under increasing harassment from regulators. Following Coincheck’s infamous hack in Japan where almost $530 million of digital currency was stolen, two more exchanges in the country — Mr. Exchange and Tokyo GateWay — will be shutting down operations in the country because they can’t uphold the regulatory requirements.
Activity: 100
August 14, 2018, 03:05:54 PM
There are many projects that wouldn't require KYC in their offerings. Giving personal information in the form of KYC is not a smart move. Because the person who is submitting doesn't know where this info will be used.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
August 14, 2018, 03:02:41 PM
it was not required originally, but probably someone wants to make crypto centralised and add taxes to crypto incomes, that's why just all of ICOs and exchanges demand KYC.
Activity: 35
August 14, 2018, 03:00:59 PM
No, Kyc means Know your customer. some projects require kyc to ico, airdrop. Avoid cheats or other countries that prohibit crypto. There are also some scams to get information of participants.Be careful before sending your personal documents otherwise they can misuses using your identity.  You should learn more about the project to avoid scam.
Activity: 196
August 14, 2018, 02:54:53 PM
I don’t think KYC is quite necessary in all aspect of Cryptocurrency. There may be some ICOs that will require personal information as KYC. One has to be careful regarding submitting his or her personal detail.
Activity: 443
Merit: 101
August 14, 2018, 02:52:07 PM
All the requirements for identity verification are mainly from lawyers. You have seen many times that every ico has restrictions on the participation of countries. But in cryptocurrency it is not available.
Activity: 782
Merit: 500
August 14, 2018, 02:41:11 PM
I think is bizarre and was not really need to imply. I agree with you statement. We are here to make transaction without any dependency. So providing info will prevent us to be independent

What might be even more bizarre is the amount of people joining them anyway.
Activity: 97
August 14, 2018, 02:36:50 PM
Well I consider it as a security concern. It may be good to prevent fraud and fake transactions. But it will surely reveal a lot about us which will make us vulnerable. Thus it will make us insecure
Activity: 112
August 14, 2018, 02:14:50 PM
I think is bizarre and was not really need to imply. I agree with you statement. We are here to make transaction without any dependency. So providing info will prevent us to be independent
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 08:26:33 PM
The KYC requiments is for compliance to avoid regulators eying up on them. It is only just for formality and the team doesn't really care about it. But they have to no choice but to comply. On the other hand, KYC is being abused by using it to bounty participants because KYC is supposed to be used for investors and not for bounty campaign. I highly recommend  that you don't join or promote any ICO that requires  KYC on their  bounty campaign.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
August 13, 2018, 06:34:30 PM
pass or not KYC depends on you. no one can force you to pass KYC. and I believe that the cryptocurrency KYC is not required.
Pages:
Jump to: