Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require? - page 36. (Read 5434 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 04:37:47 PM
I think they are just trying to play their own part in avoiding people from the countries that prohibits crypto currencies from participating
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
August 13, 2018, 04:32:38 PM
For participants in the ICO generosity campaign, it is not necessary to pass a KYC check. The requirement to undergo such verification is illegal from the ICO teams. No state requires ICO teams to require the passage of a KYC check from the members of the ICO generosity campaign. This check should only be carried out by investors as individuals investing their funds in these projects.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 04:24:56 PM
Without using KYC you still can have projects to invest as there are lot of ICO projects are available that does not need ICO. All your information related identity or transaction is so very sensitive so stay conscious.
Activity: 63
August 13, 2018, 04:05:59 PM
As I am concerned not every KYC ICO project requires KYC but yes there are many who require detailed information where every crypto user should be cautious as there is high possibilities of scams.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
August 13, 2018, 11:39:08 AM
I think KYC is being required to avoid abuses such as multiple accounts, fake identity, criminal activities, money laundering, etc. However, only give personal details to those who are trusted and it is not easy to trust anyone in this generation. There should be an option to hide important details in KYC such as date of birth, Social Security, etc.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 13, 2018, 10:51:21 AM
I agree with you. If the cryptocurrency market is decentralized, then there is no necessity to provide our information to the ICO projects. But the objectives of know your coin was to prevent the illegal or criminal transactions unknowingly according to bank.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 11:36:53 AM
In cryptocurrency, I do not think it is really necessary to give all your personal details before you can invest in any project because you are not sure of how potential the project will be and if it will be successful. But now, I think most project require this kyc and I believe in future it will also help to reduce the rate of scam in crypto.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
August 13, 2018, 11:33:05 AM
KYC is required if you are a buyer or investor to a certain coin. because some country requires it for regulation. However if we talk about bounty and still they require KYC then it is out of the question. However they only do that to filter out those who are cheating with multi account.
brand new
August 13, 2018, 10:40:31 AM
No it doesn't require based on this before investing on KYC you need to think about it and any types of ICO’s don’t have these types of requirement so avoid this.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
August 13, 2018, 11:28:12 AM
I think KYC is really needed. Grin
Since so many people are using multiple accounts to participate, KYC can avoid this problem.
Activity: 35
August 13, 2018, 11:27:15 AM
KYC's projects are taking place more and more. Perhaps the pull from the airdrop is sharply reduced, as the bonus coin is too low, while the ref policy still exists. This is depressing psychology from the members. Surely they have to think of ways to cheat to have more coin bonus
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
August 13, 2018, 11:23:36 AM
I am against KYC for bounty hunters. According to some, this is required to avoid multiple account frauds, but there is no regulation that bounty hunters should send their personal documents. It is not a good thing to send your personal data to strangers so I hope that they are less and less the blockchain platforms that ask the KYC for bounty hunters
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
August 13, 2018, 11:18:22 AM
what I feared when the ICO asked every participant to submit KYC was an identity misuse. but positively what I can learn behind KYC's request is the seriousness of participants in participating and participating in the ICO.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
August 13, 2018, 10:48:27 AM
It is not a question about centralization or decentralization. It is a question about money-laundering and other illegal operations. If token will be circulated in real world and could be exchanged to fiat it can be a good instrument for illegal money operations and executives should require an information about participants of this market.
brand new
August 13, 2018, 10:19:10 AM
Not really based on this ICO’s do not require these types of things based on this if you want to invest in KYC you should avoid this because you don't need to take such types of risk.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
August 13, 2018, 10:35:15 AM
KYC or better to be said KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER...
This is nothing to do with ICO sales, but this is a big thing if the project has a restricted country.
But i dont think KYC is a big impact as investors can send fake identities.
brand new
August 13, 2018, 09:56:11 AM
I think KYC in crypto is not required. You need to avoid crypto against country and also may face scam when you want to get any information about any participants.
Activity: 26
August 13, 2018, 10:33:51 AM
I think No because most of the ICO’s doesn’t require such types of things so if you like to invest in KYC you need to think before invest because sometimes it may cause of loss.
Activity: 42
August 13, 2018, 10:30:38 AM
No not really.There are ICOs that do not require such information. If you do see one that asks for KYC, then just avoid it. There is no need to take any risks.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 10:21:50 AM
Crypto does not need KYC to use it. But for ICOs it is necessary to KYC because you are in the position of an investor. There are some countries that prohibit Crypto, so KYC is necessary for ICOs. But with the airdrop or bounty required KYC. It is best to stay away from them as far as possible
Pages:
Jump to: