Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters. - page 15. (Read 79925 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Several ICOs mandatory must go through a KYC process bounty hunters and investor to know whom people buy and whom people joined bounty. I did same problem faced after complete KYC is mandatory. The time 2017 don't need any KYC because market stable didn't fear to fall.
There are no problems in providing passport data for really promising ico companies.  But the fact is that Bounty Hunters will still be left without remuneration in most cases when they participate in companies that are demanded by KYC.
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

No need to even ask because they will be very polite to you at first and during bounty but when bounty ends is when you know the true nature of those behind the bounty management.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
Several ICOs mandatory must go through a KYC process bounty hunters and investor to know whom people buy and whom people joined bounty. I did same problem faced after complete KYC is mandatory. The time 2017 don't need any KYC because market stable didn't fear to fall.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
It quite necessary to star it clearly at the beginning, rather than introducing it in between, that way hunters who don't want to get involved in KYC can take a step off. The reason for kyc is to verify participation of people in the project advertisement. One issue of concern is how you can still fail KYC (know your customer) even after uploading the required document for verification. In most cases, when you don't pass kyc you won't get your reward. All those time and energy put into advertising can't be put in vain and unrewarded.
Activity: 812
To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I will be call it is a cheat if they adding the 'Must KYC' rule at the end of bounty campaign.
if they make the rule in the beginning, hunters who cannot do KYC just simply not participating on the campaign.
this rule should be clear before the start of the campaign to ensure fairness.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
It is not advisable to require bounty hunters to pass KYC for performing simple tasks in social networks for a few dozen dollars. Fight multiple accounts?  It is also not advisable, because there are many offers of KYC services on the Internet and those who are trying to deceive the system will find a way to do this. But bounty hunters who undergo KYC suffer from scm projects, and then their personal data are sold to Dark Net. If the project has established itself as trustworthy, then you can pass KYC. Why is it necessary to go through KYC in a bounty campaign for a few dollars, even if the largest Binance exchange does not ask for KYC for those who withdraw up to 2 BTC?
Activity: 378
I have the same opinion with you, i cant see any related purpose of having kyc to their token sale. Were not investors and for my understanding kyc is to know which people/countries have biggest contribution to reach their caps. And i guess thats is not necessary for bounty hunters. Its just to cheat hunters, they use it to failed a lot of participant
The purpose of KYC for bounty hunters is to prevent bounty hunters from using multiple accounts to cheat but along with that purpose, many projects have calculated to find ways to deceive bounty hunters, they don't want to share too many rewards for bounty hunters, that makes many hunters face trouble and not receive rewards when the campaign is completed. KYC is really a problem, I often avoid projects that require KYC because it makes me feel insecure with the rewards I can get
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
For me, to make the project more accurate , KYC may be another option.
So from customer side, they must provide KYC only for the project that already trustable and verified because you won't let your personal detail send into others that have advantage for it !
Activity: 386
Yes, bounty hunters are not investors and there's no reason why they should do any KYC but if you guys sees KYC implementation by project owners for the bounty hunters as a cheat I think the best way to stop this from happening again is for bounty hunters not to join any project that ask for bounty hunters KYC.
but I think KYC is not the solution to cheating by a bounty hunter. KYC is only for data collection of the existence of all asset holders and supporters of the project. they make bounty hunters as part of the community just like investors, where they all also do KYC.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
I have the same opinion with you, i cant see any related purpose of having kyc to their token sale. Were not investors and for my understanding kyc is to know which people/countries have biggest contribution to reach their caps. And i guess thats is not necessary for bounty hunters. Its just to cheat hunters, they use it to failed a lot of participant

Yes, bounty hunters are not investors and there's no reason why they should do any KYC but if you guys sees KYC implementation by project owners for the bounty hunters as a cheat I think the best way to stop this from happening again is for bounty hunters not to join any project that ask for bounty hunters KYC.

The problem sometimes is that the team has not announced KYC from the beginning they are only announcing it after the counting of stakes or simply after the bounty program meaning the bounty hunter has nothing to do but to pass their ID together with their selfie if they really want to get what they deserve to the bounty.
Activity: 188
Bounty hunters should go through the KYC process at the start of the application, to avoid the redundancy of the time when the ICO token is sold.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
It could be part of their laws or whatsoever reasons that they should be asking for KYC. But I do feel the same as you are given that the bounty to receive is so small to risk your personal data. Maybe it is good that it should be given or posted before the campaign starts, so as to decide whether to risk going through the process or not.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

Recently, I have become accustomed to the fact that bounty companies that require providing passport data and make it very difficult, may not pay remuneration, or by any means they want to deceive participants. It is a pity all the time spent on such companies.

Yes, some ask mainly only for passport and many bounty participants don't own a passport and have local ID like I had earlier an Aadhar card which is valid ID proof in my country but they insisted on Passport so I had to get mine renewed soon. All trouble for nothing.
Activity: 560
Yes, I completely agree. There were so many reputed projects like Smart Valley, Baltic Fund and so on for which I completed KYC which was so tough as they required you to take out selfies and install apps too but I did it and they did not pay. Nobody knows what they did with the info but I am not willing to submit my KYC details anymore. There are some scam projects that make you work and then insist on KYC later. It's just to scam, nothing else.
Recently, I have become accustomed to the fact that bounty companies that require providing passport data and make it very difficult, may not pay remuneration, or by any means they want to deceive participants. It is a pity all the time spent on such companies.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Yes, I completely agree. There were so many reputed projects like Smart Valley, Baltic Fund and so on for which I completed KYC which was so tough as they required you to take out selfies and install apps too but I did it and they did not pay. Nobody knows what they did with the info but I am not willing to submit my KYC details anymore. There are some scam projects that make you work and then insist on KYC later. It's just to scam, nothing else.
copper member
Activity: 287
To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I believe that KYC is not always to cheat the bounty hunters, but sometimes, it is for ensuring that no one have use multiple accounts to abuse the bounty. Many bounty hunters creates multiple accounts in order to gain more and it is unfair that's why KYC is needed.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
In my opinion there should be always a KYC process for bounty hunters as well as for the team members, but it should be announced at the beginning of any campaign, so bounty hunters realise that they must undergo this process to get rewards.
Activity: 266
I really don't agree with you on this one. KYC is just a simple process to get rid of all cheaters in bounty campaigns and i believe that is in the very good interest of the bounty participants in particular. Some people cheat in bounty campaigns just to accumulate high volume of tokens to themselves whiles leaving other participants with few number of tokens. So with the introduction of KYC at least each member gets to have a fair share of the tokens and i think this is fair.
Pages:
Jump to: