Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC Requirement for Bounty Managers before they require KYC to bounty hunters. - page 4. (Read 10189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1407
I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

I think the KYC process is annoying for bounty hunters, There are many who prefer to join bounties that do not ask for KYC, I think the fair bounty is just asking KYC to prevent fraud by some people who use more than one account to double their stakes in the campaigns of the bounty, However, the percentage of bounty is not large in the total supply of the tokens of the project, This shows that the project will not be affected by this fraud which will happen in the bounty, All projects should not require KYC from the bounty hunters and make it only for investors and the project team.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
From my experience, in 90% of the time it is the ICO promoters who try to scam the bounty hunters. The bounty manager is a scapegoat in many cases. Unless the promoters give him the tokens, he can't distribute them to the bounty hunters. It is a double whammy for the campaign managers. First his effort goes unpaid. On top of that, he has to confront the angry bounty hunters now.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
this is one reason why i don't want to share my KYC to untrusted bounty manager, ut if i know the person from bounty management services or bounty manager personal with positif feedback from bitcointalk member i don't worry anymore

You should protect your private data and even sharing it with companies is risky because they can be hacked and leak it like Facebook did. Sharing it with some anonymous bounty managers on this forum is much worse and can lead to your data being sold on dark web markets. I'm sure you don't want that.
I don't support the act of bounty hunters going through KYC before they can get their token since the KYC/AML rules is only applicable applicable to investors.

Even if the manager is trusted it doesn't mean anything. They get trust ratings because they pay up for their bounties. You won't know if they leaked your data until it's too late.
Every bounty manager or default trust members have different reason why they were giving the green trust.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
If you feel uncomfortable with the Bounty Manager who tells you to do KYC, you just leave it and don't have to participate in the project.  Because KYC is done to avoid people who will cheat in the Bounty.  That is by participating in the Bounty campaign with many accounts, and it is very detrimental to other participants who are honest by participating in only one account.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Many people say that charity personal data is very risky. But there are already many Bounty projects that use KYC and many participants who do KYC. But this project with KYC sometimes has a very weak developer. So many KYC projects can stop in the middle of the road.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 518
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

in my opininon it is really bullshit to request kyc and all private informations from bounty participants. i won'T give my any details to anybody in this crypto ecosystem because everything here is mostly anonymous.
What we want is to keep anonymously always, but it sad to know due to some scamming activities happens in the market will it something gives a reason to start in asking kyc for all Bounty participants. Well,  it gives worries to us as it something could lead into by using it in illegal transactions which we don't want it to happen. But anyway, it is our own decision to take or just skip.
Activity: 244
Merit: 43
Project asks KYC to avoid scammers who join bounties, and right if KYC can reduce scammers, if you ask bounty manager to do KYC means bounty manager is scammers Cheesy

If you don't want to deal with KYC, don't deal with it. It's not like you are really missing out on much, there will always be the next 100 bounties you can join in on without it. All projects at this point are scams anyway, whether they intend to be or not, the glory days are long gone. Go spend time doing something productive, rather than dreaming you're valueless tokens will magically be worth gold.
Activity: 616
Merit: 124

in my opininon it is really bullshit to request kyc and all private informations from bounty participants. i won'T give my any details to anybody in this crypto ecosystem because everything here is mostly anonymous.
Activity: 358

Kyc is not a must, if you don't want to do KYC just stay away from projects that requires it and focuse on those that doesn't need it and as for Bounty Mangers undergoing KYC, I don't see it as necessary
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Project asks KYC to avoid scammers who join bounties, and right if KYC can reduce scammers, if you ask bounty manager to do KYC means bounty manager is scammers Cheesy
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
This KYC issues have been raised here time without number and I don't think it's the only way to make projects successful. If investors are going through I don't think it's mandatory for a bounty hunter to do same. One thing I have seen concerning these KYC issues is that, they do it to make checks in their projects concerning people cheating.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
if you dont trust about kyc, just dont do it. just follow bounty that dont require kyc.
kyc is useful for big company, they know and can do something if there some player cheat. and maybe it happen to bounty manager. not only company, but you need to know about bounty manager, it trusted or not.
Activity: 189
Merit: 1
airdrop-pepe.art
As you know every ICO's and exchanges wants to KYC that is the requirement of FATF, so you should not worry about submission of KYC for bounties.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
this is one reason why i don't want to share my KYC to untrusted bounty manager, ut if i know the person from bounty management services or bounty manager personal with positif feedback from bitcointalk member i don't worry anymore

You should protect your private data and even sharing it with companies is risky because they can be hacked and leak it like Facebook did. Sharing it with some anonymous bounty managers on this forum is much worse and can lead to your data being sold on dark web markets. I'm sure you don't want that.

Even if the manager is trusted it doesn't mean anything. They get trust ratings because they pay up for their bounties. You won't know if they leaked your data until it's too late.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
When we launch Nyancash next month, we have to follow all the regulations here in Canada. We have a trusted firm that will be handling our KYC info, so when FINTRAC needs any information, our compliance officer can work with the firm and the government to provide any information they need. We want to run a exchange, and Buy and Sell Bitcoin/Ethereum. We really don't want people's info and but we want to comply with all the rules, so we felt a third party is best to manage that information and keep it safe. They can take care of that, we can take care of providing dividends to token holders. www.nyancash.com
Activity: 723
Merit: 106
STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System
Activity: 350
I think KYC for bounty managers is also needed, because it is not only the bounty manager who is required to get to know bounty hunters by doing KYC, but bounty hunters also need to know who the bounty manager is by doing KYC, because it is very important for the integrity of the bounty manager
Basically doing KYC for a bounty hunter is not needed moreover on Bounty manager. Seriously, the managers doing KYC for what??
But I'm sure that the only thing that they doing KYC is to kill all those multi-accounts abusers.
Activity: 529
Merit: 101
I don't think bounty managers need to submit KYC, because most of the bounty manager was a bounty hunter first and they can feel our stress and pain. But bounty manager has nothing to do on the team. It is the team who ask KYC for the bounty hunters, so we need to ask the project manager or the team to come with a KYC. I don't know how the Icobecbh KYC works because some project passed the Icobench KYC.
Activity: 672
umachit.fund
In the 100% prize campaign project, 60% I found a gift campaign that requires bounty hunters to send KYC to get rewards. This number can be wrong.
For me, this is something unexpected for me as you mentioned. But I see from the side of the role and the task of the bounty hunter, so I just followed every rule needed during the campaign.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
Why not? The campaign has every right to set its own conditions. You do not enter into an agreement with the campaign, it has no obligations to you. You must understand this.
Pages:
Jump to: