Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 223. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
UPDATE:

I just woke up to the information that BTCT.CO is "winding down" (Shutting down, I haven't even had time to read the full release or catch up on the information thread).

Burnside has previously informed the team (at listing) that complete ownership registry is kept up-to-date (as per previous discussions reg. direct shares), and while this obviously is something no one was expecting I expect all shares to be accounted for.

As to alternate listing, direct share conversion and other alternatives for share holders i currently have not had time to consider this yet but of course we will start working ASAP on a solution.

I think most of us would like to see you guys move to bitfunder.

That has my vote.

BITFUNDER!
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Merge to BF is better, direct share solution is a pain in the ass
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Activity: 551
Shouldn't the hashrate have gone up by now swede?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
UPDATE:

I just woke up to the information that BTCT.CO is "winding down" (Shutting down, I haven't even had time to read the full release or catch up on the information thread).

Burnside has previously informed the team (at listing) that complete ownership registry is kept up-to-date (as per previous discussions reg. direct shares), and while this obviously is something no one was expecting I expect all shares to be accounted for.

As to alternate listing, direct share conversion and other alternatives for share holders i currently have not had time to consider this yet but of course we will start working ASAP on a solution.

That has my vote.
Activity: 750
www.coinschedule.com
UPDATE:

Yep
Activity: 238
UPDATE:

Activity: 224
UPDATE:

Activity: 457
I really don't understand what kind of response those panic selling people wanted?

Direct shares are a pain for friedcat. It is just going to add more administrative work for Labcoin. Plus there will be no more trading, among other things.

Maybe no "trading", but direct shares are sell-able and transferable on their own. I've done it with ASICminer. The caveat will be WHO handles the transfers for LC.  Huh
Activity: 560
Going to get some btc ready last day before btct close will probably be a massive dump again can pick up some shares in the .0004 would be great lol
Today is the first day where new laws start about crowd investing. It is now legal to raise money with private investors directly in return for equity. So no idea why btct would have any problems

Read the laws. It is legal only if done properly. Non trivial.

When does btct close down? Hopefully pick up some more cheap shares from everyone selling lol
Activity: 364
Today is the first day where new laws start about crowd investing. It is now legal to raise money with private investors directly in return for equity. So no idea why btct would have any problems

Read the laws. It is legal only if done properly. Non trivial.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
So de we know what happened yet?
Why is BTCT shutting down?
SEC?
The SEC doesn't let you "wind down" for several weeks.  They just pull the plug.

Likely, he got legal advice that said "you are committing a crime, stop doing it"
From the 'Why BTC-TC Rocks' tab:

BTC Trading Corp. is a legally registered Belize international company.

So, I suppose we have to wait and see if shit will hit the fan (MPEx, Havelock, Picostocks, Bitfunder)  Undecided
Activity: 476
SEC?
The SEC doesn't let you "wind down" for several weeks.  They just pull the plug.

Likely, he got legal advice that said "you are committing a crime, stop doing it"
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
SEC?
Activity: 476
I would guess that the reason they chose the 'direct shares' is that no exchange want them to to trade on their platform because of labcoin's shady practices.
someone will likely open a PT on another exchange, similar to AM.  AM doesn't directly trade on any exchange, either.
Activity: 420
All btct shares will be converted to direct shares as soon as we receive official communication from Ethan Burnside before 31 October.
Dividends will be paid regularly until the btct platform is available.
For what concerns the hashrate, as soon as we reach stability with another batch, we will merge it on btcguild, be patient.
We will also evaluate listing again on another exchange.

Is Bitfunder an option?

I would guess that the reason they chose the 'direct shares' is that no exchange want them to to trade on their platform because of labcoin's shady practices.

Or far more likely, it's what they can say definitely in the immediate aftermath of Burnside's announcement.

Getting listed will take more than a few minutes, you know.

Activity: 238
Labcoin needs to hire and announce a person to manage the direct shares and handle the new exchange listing, and do so ASAP.

I vote for Ytterbium to do this job

I vote they get their shares moved to bitfunder ASAP Tongue

Also since I'm in the US it might not even be legal for me to manage virtual securities.   It's too bad, though I have some interesting ideas for IPOs that could work, I would have tried some of them by now if it wasn't for all the legal ... "ambiguity" involved.
Activity: 275
All btct shares will be converted to direct shares as soon as we receive official communication from Ethan Burnside before 31 October.
Dividends will be paid regularly until the btct platform is available.
For what concerns the hashrate, as soon as we reach stability with another batch, we will merge it on btcguild, be patient.
We will also evaluate listing again on another exchange.

Is Bitfunder an option?

Jump to: