Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 322. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
If I remember correctly, someone mentioned that it would be difficult for LC to prove their hashrate while using Slush (can't be bothered to look for post).
Anyway, it seems actually quite easy using their API to integrate this info into any site.

Yes, building a website to show the hashing stats is one of their promises.
legendary
So do you think we have a chance to know what happened between 10 Sep (the day they announced 2Th was mining) and Today?

a) Hashing did not work and they were busy fixing it. b) Hashing worked well, but the BTC mined were lost / hacked / distributed as their bonus. c) There were no hashing at all.
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
If I remember correctly, someone mentioned that it would be difficult for LC to prove their hashrate while using Slush (can't be bothered to look for post).
Anyway, it seems actually quite easy using their API to integrate this info into any site.

here's how the setting page looks like, if anyone's interested...

Activity: 420
We may see a substantial increase from blocks 258728 and 258730, which need 23 and 25 confirms.  Those were from approximately 4-5 hours after Swede's post.  

That's the soonest I'd expect to see full hashrate online, could be later.  

Will be several hours until those blocks pay out.
legendary
UPDATE:
The miners are running and the team is working on the pool mining integration, this should all be done in 'a few hours' (less then 12

Just noting these 12 hours are up, so they should be fully online by this point.

We haven't yet seen a payment for a block solved after Swede posted this message, by the way.  The next payment should contain such a block, but it might be several hours before we see one that reflects their full rate.

We'd know if they'd tell us.  (No, I won't stop making this point.  It's completely ridiculous that we're having to guess about this.)

After the 12 hours deadline, the slush's pool has already found 2 blocks, 258796 and 258803. Let's see the result of the distribution of that 2 blocks. Currently, 93 and 100 confirms are needed respectively. Considering the distribution delay, we need to wait around 18 - 20 hours. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Hm, got it. Well, there are many possibilities even the proportional share payment common in pools could be having an effect. We need to wait at least 24 to 48 hours to really get a sense of the hash speed...

Lol its just always a little more time with labcoin isn't it
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
Hm, got it. Well, there are many possibilities even the proportional share payment common in pools could be having an effect. We need to wait at least 24 to 48 hours to really get a sense of the hash speed...
UPDATE:
The miners are running and the team is working on the pool mining integration, this should all be done in 'a few hours' (less then 12

Just noting these 12 hours are up, so they should be fully online by this point.

We haven't yet seen a payment for a block solved after Swede posted this message, by the way.  The next payment should contain such a block, but it might be several hours before we see one that reflects their full rate.

We'd know if they'd tell us.  (No, I won't stop making this point.  It's completely ridiculous that we're having to guess about this.)
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Just have to keep watching, they did say they would let the hashing do the talking
legendary
Just FYI, 2TH/s should generate about 9BTC per 24 hours at current difficulty (anyone can easily check this with any of the various online bitcoin calculators). Labcoin has generated about 3.5 BTC so far (in about 8 to 9 hours since first payment arrived in that address).

So I think so far it's pretty consistent with 2TH/s. Not sure why there was a guy saying they don't have 2TH/s...

That's because you counted the first 3 BTC (God knows how long they have mined to get that 3 BTC).

After that, LC received around 0.11BTC every time 2 blocks were distributed by the Slush's pool. That's way below 2TH/s (actually around 0.2TH/s).

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Just FYI, 2TH/s should generate about 9BTC per 24 hours at current difficulty (anyone can easily check this with any of the various online bitcoin calculators). Labcoin has generated about 3.5 BTC so far (in about 8 to 9 hours since first payment arrived in that address).

So I think so far it's pretty consistent with 2TH/s. Not sure why there was a guy saying they don't have 2TH/s...

We don't know what that 3.5 BTC represented.  Could have been any length of time.

The payments since then are at a much, much lower rate.  They didn't have 2TH online when those blocks were solved.

Could be teething issues, we don't know because they won't tell us.

The real question is will you accept the dividends or not when its dividend time next week?

We don't know what that 3.5 BTC represented.  Could have been any length of time.

The payments since then are at a much, much lower rate.  They didn't have 2TH online when those blocks were solved.

Could be teething issues, we don't know because they won't tell us.
Activity: 308
The important thing here is that they are hashing.

We know it is getting scaled up. Obviously priorities went into getting a miner working in a stable way before continuing to assemble more units.

Exciting stuff. Rocky start but the delay it took for them to get online is monumentally less than the other ASIC builders...

if only they had their own miners, eh?

How dont they have their own miners?

well they might have bought their "own" miners but probably have not anything selfassembled hashing so far.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

We know it is getting scaled up. Obviously priorities went into getting a miner working in a stable way before continuing to assemble more units.

Exciting stuff. Rocky start but the delay it took for them to get online is monumentally less than the other ASIC builders...

They bought themselves some time. I don't think people will care what miners they are using as long as they keep hashing. I think a few weeks from now pressure will build if their hash rate doesn't continue to increase.
Activity: 252

Don't worry, he is just trolling!!!

Only 6 days since he got out of newbie jail and all he has done so far is trolled the Labcoin thread.

Activity: 369

Activity: 252
0.11 per block is about 67.6 * 0.11 / 25 = 0.297 TH/s

Let's see whether this number increases after a couple of hours. Otherwise, let's see how labcoin explain where's their 5+ Th.
well these figures are rather disappointing.

Well, do remember these are from 14-15 hours ago.

Possibly they had a test set of boards running at a very low level before ramping up to the full set.

We'd know if they'd, you know, tell us.

Weird, my calculations show pretty close to actual 2 TH (assuming of course regular payments to that address). Between the first and last payment there is a bit over 10 hours. BTC3.63 over that time period estimates ~ BTC8.62 per day. 2 TH, according to the BTC calculators yields BTC8.93 per day. So I'd say currently about 2 TH.

EDIT: I'm sure someone with a bit of programming knowledge can do tracking of, let's say, hash rate 5-day moving average solely from information from that address. That should give us a good estimation of their true hash rate.

The first payment can't be counted - it's a backlog of probably days of mining.

A more realistic figure makes it look like LABCOIN has hash rate of two Avalons.

FTFY
Activity: 308

Activity: 369

Jump to: