Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 622. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
bi weekly is every two weeks, semiweekly means twice a week.

Yes, but colloquially people have muddled up the meaning of biweekly so it can now mean either twice a week or every two weeks. Needs clarification.

For me, biweekly is twice per week and fortnightly is every two weeks. I've already PM'd TheSwede asking for clarification. If their plan is once every 2 weeks, I'd rather them switch to once per round.
biweekly is twice per week, bimonthly is twice per month, biyearly is twice per year

Biweekly means twice a week in England, where English comes from. "Bi" comes from the Latin "bis" meaning "twice", hence bi-weekly means twice-weekly.
my english education is based on 'English' English, so i concur with the above statement Cheesy

Well, I am English, and I say bi-weekly means twice per week. Wikipedia says biweekly means twice per week in the UK. The dictionaries give both meanings and if you Google bi-weekly, you'll see discussions about whether it means once every two weeks or twice per week.

Just because you say it's one of them, doesn't make it so. That's also true for me as well. We need to wait to get it clarified like I said, as it actually does mean both.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
bifocals = two focals
bicycle = two wheels
bilingual = two language
binary = two numbers only, that is 0 & 1

biweekly = two weeks
Activity: 350
If we were to start hashing within the next 24-48 hours why has there been no informational update from Labcoin? We should have chip information, board information and other details in regards to the hardware that is suppose to go online sometime tomorrow. Pictures of the hardware fully assembled. Maybe even screenshots of them doing test hashing before they are fully up and operational. There is too little information coming out from management.
bi refers to 2, not twice
more or less, yep.

Bicentennial = 200 years (two centennials, or two one-hundred years)
Semicentennial = 50-year anniversary (Oklahoma celebrated this for their statehood in 1957)
Biannual = 2 years, like some obscure races (human powered submarine, for one)
Semiannual = every 6 months (see your local discount furniture store sales for examples)
Bimonthly = every 2 months (like your girlfriend's period in Jr. high school)
Semimonthly = every half a month (many employers use this to ensure exactly 24 pay periods)
Biweekly = every 2 weeks (many other employers pay on this schedule for 26 pay periods per year)
Semiweekly = twice per week (some Ye Olde Tyme newspapers did this a lot, as news wasn't all that easy to come by for a daily paper back then)

I can't believe I'm contributing to this. Hopefully it dies here.

I know, but the British want to change the meaning of "bi" to "twice" for this one.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
more or less, yep.

Bicentennial = 200 years (two centennials, or two one-hundred years)
Semicentennial = 50-year anniversary (Oklahoma celebrated this for their statehood in 1957)
Biannual = 2 years, like some obscure races (human powered submarine, for one)
Semiannual = every 6 months (see your local discount furniture store sales for examples)
Bimonthly = every 2 months (like your girlfriend's period in Jr. high school)
Semimonthly = every half a month (many employers use this to ensure exactly 24 pay periods)
Biweekly = every 2 weeks (many other employers pay on this schedule for 26 pay periods per year)
Semiweekly = twice per week (some Ye Olde Tyme newspapers did this a lot, as news wasn't all that easy to come by for a daily paper back then)

I can't believe I'm contributing to this. Hopefully it dies here.

edit: (oopsie on cut and paste when moving lines around)
We have received the first chip batch and we're working full speed on finalizing the controller board design, mining will start no later than 10 September with about 3-4 TH, and to reach the full speed within October. Dividend payments will start on the same week.

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.

Sentiment survey:

What if they go the "we started hashing today, dividends will be payed later this week, pictures and chip documentation are coming soon" route on the 10th?

share price only goes to .007, instead of .01.
When an Englishman says bi-weekly.

so, it only means twice in that one use, and for every other use, it means two?

interesting logic...
legendary
From Latin bis (“twice”).
- http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bi-#Etymology

I like this part:
Prefix
bi-
 1. two

bifocals
bicycle
bilingual
binary

when does it actually mean twice?

When an Englishman says bi-weekly.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
We have received the first chip batch and we're working full speed on finalizing the controller board design, mining will start no later than 10 September with about 3-4 TH, and to reach the full speed within October. Dividend payments will start on the same week.

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.

Sentiment survey:

What if they go the "we started hashing today, dividends will be payed later this week, pictures and chip documentation are coming soon" route on the 10th?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

I like this part:
Prefix
bi-
 1. two

bifocals
bicycle
bilingual
binary

bifocals = two focals
bicycle = two wheels
bilingual = two language
binary = two numbers only, that is 0 & 1
Activity: 686

Yes, but colloquially people have muddled up the meaning of biweekly so it can now mean either twice a week or every two weeks. Needs clarification.

For me, biweekly is twice per week and fortnightly is every two weeks. I've already PM'd TheSwede asking for clarification. If their plan is once every 2 weeks, I'd rather them switch to once per round.
biweekly is twice per week, bimonthly is twice per month, biyearly is twice per year

Biweekly means twice a week in England, where English comes from. "Bi" comes from the Latin "bis" meaning "twice", hence bi-weekly means twice-weekly.
my english education is based on 'English' English, so i concur with the above statement Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
It's almost like someone threw a bunch of feral cats in a cage (you fools) and every so often tosses in a mouse (upside down chip pictures) or a ball of string (biweekly dividends) just to watch them completely go ape shit.  I bet the guys at Labcoin are sitting back drinking beer watching the show and laughing .

I like this part:
Prefix
bi-
 1. two

bifocals
bicycle
bilingual
binary

legendary

bicycle means "twice cycle"?
bilingual means "twice lingual"?

legendary
since rounds are about 2 weeks, I think they meant every 2 weeks.

I highly doubt they intend to pay dividends twice a week (why would they do that?)

Would you rather get daily divs or monthly div? The more often divs are paid, the more shareholders can reinvest them. So, why would they do that? As a favour to shareholders.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Biweekly paychecks, anyone? Biweekly = every two weeks. Bimonthly = every two months.

bicycle means "twice cycle"?
bilingual means "twice lingual"?

legendary

Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co

I highly doubt they intend to pay dividends twice a week (why would they do that?)

Because "Amazing Company"?

Jump to: