Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 641. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Au contrair. You seem to have the misunderstanding.

There are several aspects to TA and the reasons as to why it works. I agree there will be limited traders acting on chart patterns - but those who do will be the bigger players.

This is completely delusional.  You're just assuming that the people with the most money are the ones who share your moronic ideas about TA.  It's a common refrain that the "big" money is all doing TA.  But only reason the "big money" would do TA is if they thought other big money people were doing TA.  And there is no reason for that to be the case, because TA is retarded.

Secondly this market is too liquid for "big money" to make any "big moves".  People with big positions aren't sitting there trying to trade tiny chunks for a few shatoshi here and there based on the "chart" because any move they make is going to cause a major price jump or fall, swamping any "signal" in the chart completely.

They certainly aren't going to care about what tiny traders are doing a few dozen share at a time, why would they?

And seriously, how large of a position would one need to have to be a "big player" in this market, exactly?

But the "chart analysis" crap,....is idiotic,

Your view of something you don't understand is to call it idiotic. I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything - including the prospects of LabCoin.

Then don't.  I'm not interested in helping idiots make money.

I don't know much about Voodoo or Astrology or tea-leave reading but I don't exactly feel like I need to know much about it to write them off. I know enough about the ludicrously named "technical analysis" (which is totally non-technical and barely 'analysis') to know it's total B.S.

Agree.
Activity: 220
What is the deal with every time I place a sell order.. an identical sell order is created .0001 less then mine. It appears this is happening to everyone. If you look at the sell list there are 10 sells that are exactly duplicated in amount .0001 less. I know usually it does it for 1 sell.. but the 10 lowest? Someone is looking to unload without crashing the market. I'm a professional poker player and the way these guys have conducted business such as updates anytime the price is dropping, makes me call major bluff. Especially when they come out and add extra shit like bloomberg and cnn want interviews and they are going to have way more hashing power online then expected when they haven't even put 1 th up. LOL.. give me a break.. but thanks for the profits!

I was only planning on selling half of my position but let it all go, this was a snap fold (or call I guess if you talking about bluffing).

Does anyone have an explanation why the closest to the money sells are being replicated and underbid by .0001? Gonna be pretty hard to rise in price like that!
Activity: 238
Seems like every stock was going down.  Probably because the site was down.

TA is retarded.

Just wow.

There is about 5Mill USD invested in these LabCoin shares and some holders have 50-100k USD worth. You don't think that is big money? You don't think these guys know what they are doing?

No-one should be following this mans advice.

"Technical Analysis" which is really just astrology with charts and has little scientific or mathematical basis, if you try to apply it to these tiny markets.  In the real world a "big player" is someone with billions of dollars, or at least hundreds of millions.  Here it apparently means someone with 400 BTC.  If you tried to sell a 400 BTC share position in one shot you'd lower the price to 0.0028.  Even if you tried to do it slowly over a day, you'd still greatly reduce the price. That's the way these markets work.  Any individual big move is going to have a major effect on the price.

So in order to buy this idea that "big players" with "hundreds of BTC" are sitting around staring at charts, it would mean they were day trading a few BTC at a time in order to maybe make 0.1 or 0.2 BTC profit.   But why would they even bother? It's likely their plan is to hold the stock and make dividends.

People who have taken major stakes in this company are mostly just sitting there with it and holding.

The thing is, even if you just want to sell a couple thousand shares, you have to either eat the bid wall and sell at a cheaper price, or else set an ask wall and just wait, possibly for a long time (and move that ask wall around to keep it at the bottom)   If you try to "time" the market you need to sell at the bid price and buy at the ask price and if you do that a lot you'd just burn money.

Even during that huge spike and fall with activemining the other day - the trade volume was only maybe 25k shares (I could look it up by it's half way scrolled off the history).  That's on the way up and back down.  That's just 25BTC.  Not a lot for someone with a position of hundreds of BTC, and that was a really unusual situation.  Most of the time, there just isn't enough volume to make much money day trading these stocks (unless you get some early information, obviously)

I get the feeling stuartuk is one of those people who puts in bids for 5, 30, 50 shares you see at the top of the order books  
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 266
TA is retarded.

Just wow.

There is about 5Mill USD invested in these LabCoin shares and some holders have 50-100k USD worth. You don't think that is big money? You don't think these guys know what they are doing?

No-one should be following this mans advice.

There are several aspects to TA and the reasons as to why it works. I agree there will be limited traders acting on chart patterns - but those who do will be the bigger players.

This is completely delusional.  You're just assuming that the people with the most money are the ones who share your moronic ideas about TA.  It's a common refrain that the "big" money is all doing TA.  But only reason the "big money" would do TA is if they thought other big money people were doing TA.  And there is no reason for that to be the case, because TA is retarded.

Secondly this market is too liquid for "big money" to make any "big moves".  People with big positions aren't sitting there trying to trade tiny chunks for a few shatoshi here and there based on the "chart" because any move they make is going to cause a major price jump or fall, swamping any "signal" in the chart completely.

They certainly aren't going to care about what tiny traders are doing a few dozen share at a time, why would they?

And seriously, how large of a position would one need to have to be a "big player" in this market, exactly?

Your view of something you don't understand is to call it idiotic. I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything - including the prospects of LabCoin.

Then don't.  I'm not interested in helping idiots make money.

I don't know much about Voodoo or Astrology or tea-leave reading but I don't exactly feel like I need to know much about it to write them off. I know enough about the ludicrously named "technical analysis" (which is totally non-technical and barely 'analysis') to know it's total B.S.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
This tread if full of geniuses
Technical analysis is useless in a market this tiny and this news-driven.  It's a fundamental misunderstanding of what TA does.

There are several aspects to TA and the reasons as to why it works. I agree there will be limited traders acting on chart patterns - but those who do will be the bigger players. On top of that, charts show not just tradeable patterns, but also how buyers are acting. A graphic representation of price is a tool and it doesn't have to be followed by any of the traders in a security for the information it shows to be predictive.
OMG this "chart" stuff is total voodoo nonsense. I made 65% in 20 minutes yesterday on ActM because I looked at the information - people who waited to see the spike on the chart didn't get much of anything.

You keep saying that but have a look at any Sovereign or Global banks investment division and you'll see each trader has six or more screens on their desk. On most of them are charts. One screen will be news, one will be tape prices, the rest will be charts. Chart analysis is an industry of itself within the global securities industry. Your view is incredibly naive. Have a look at some professional traders on youtube and see how much voodoo there is out there.

So what?  Obviously people look at charts to check on movement, see if the stock is going up or down in order to see if it's going towards or away from the levels that they'll buy or sell at. The reason legitimate reason to look at charts isn't to predict what's going to happen in the future, just to see what's happening currently.

But the "chart analysis" crap, looking at charts in order to find patterns like "red engulfing candles" or "beaver tails" or whatever is idiotic, or whether it's "broken it's resistance" or whatever nonsense is exactly that.  Total nonsense.  It's barely above voodoo or astrology.

That isn't to say people at investment banks don't do it.  I'm sure many do.  They also do lots of other stupid things like buy tranches in sub prime mortgages or credit default swaps from AIG. Lots of investment bankers are idiots.

Technical analysis is useless in a market this tiny and this news-driven.  It's a fundamental misunderstanding of what TA does.

So, you know, good luck with your charts.

Exactly even if TA worked on big exchanges, these markets are so tiny and illiquid and stuffed with n00bs that you couldn't expect it to respond the way a big stock in a big market full of pro traders would.
Activity: 420

So, you know, good luck with your charts.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

Would you accept a hug?

I'm sorry but like you I treat this as business.

Except, I'm not here to try and rip anyone off or cause them to loose money to my own benefit. I'm giving people serious and honest advice here. I think a safe price for LabCoin considering it's so close to the Hashing date and coms are dead is closer to .002 and preferably under.

You might not like that advice, you might think it's overly cautious, but to say it's FUD is just worrying to me. Well it would be worrying if I had any shares in LabCoin.

What money has anyone caused you to lose? You keep claiming to be in ActM for the long run so why are you so concerned about these small movements in share price?

Also, how can 0.002 be "safer" than 0.0033? LC is either "safe" or it isn't. If it isn't "safe", then it's worth 0.
OMG this "chart" stuff is total voodoo nonsense. I made 65% in 20 minutes yesterday on ActM because I looked at the information - people who waited to see the spike on the chart didn't get much of anything.

You keep saying that but have a look at any Sovereign or Global banks investment division and you'll see each trader has six or more screens on their desk. On most of them are charts. One screen will be news, one will be tape prices, the rest will be charts. Chart analysis is an industry of itself within the global securities industry. Your view is incredibly naive. Have a look at some professional traders on youtube and see how much voodoo there is out there.

Edit: here's one for you, this lady is a 30year experienced trader, she has written a best selling trading book and runs her own hedge fund which is rated in the top 2% by Barclays Bank. Do you see any voodoo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HTyxBA700Go#t=20
I think it's fair to say that the safe option right now is to sell then.

If this was sitting at sub .002 it might be worth the risk, but there is too much downside on the chart if you look. (1month)

The reason I was able to do it was because I didn't have any stake in ActM, I could sell my labcoin shares, buy ActM, then dump them once the price spiked.

Would you accept a hug?

I'm sorry but like you I treat this as business.

Except, I'm not here to try and rip anyone off or cause them to loose money to my own benefit. I'm giving people serious and honest advice here. I think a safe price for LabCoin considering it's so close to the Hashing date and coms are dead is closer to .002 and preferably under.

You might not like that advice, you might think it's overly cautious, but to say it's FUD is just worrying to me. Well it would be worrying if I had any shares in LabCoin.
N_S
Stuart, that post was accurate at the time - if you weren't selling ActM at that time, you were losing. I mean, it was objective fact.

Are you being serious? So you weren't encouraging the sell off? You are a joke my friend.

Would you accept a hug?
Stuart, that post was accurate at the time - if you weren't selling ActM at that time, you were losing. I mean, it was objective fact.

Are you being serious? So you weren't encouraging the sell off? You are a joke my friend.
N_S
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Exactly. And since they have nothing to show there options are limited.
Easiest way too scam would not locking shares
and slowly selling them while giving some vague updates that keeps the bids up.
Oh wait that is exactly what is happening.   Shocked

Unfortunately, it is highly likely this is the case. I hope I am proved wrong.

I am willing to take side bets on Labcoin not being a scam. Please PM me if interested.

http://bitbet.us/?ref=17NkEmq1ZXRrRkPPGA9gxemUzKKKqP6Uyu

Define your parameters and post a bet, that's what the site is there for. No need for PMs, etc.
I see Stuart is hot on the FUD wagon Smiley

If you want to see genuine FUD just look at this, the last post from N_S on the ACtM thread. It's 100% FUD. But he doesn't like 'down the line' comments or questions on here and calls them FUD to keep people quiet. What has he got to hide?? If this company was genuine would you have to call everyone who asks a straight up question a FUD spreader? Think about it and look at this guys form:

You guys ready to sell ?  Grin
SELL! SELL! SELL!

Cheesy

If you're not selling, you're losing.
Jump to: