Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 645. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
^"Worst reasonable case" is still LC being entirely fraudulent

I think the probability of that is low. All I said is that you have to look at the possibility. You don't have to assume it's 100% certain.

The way to do it is, estimate the probability of various possible outcomes and how much money you'll make in those scenarios.

So let's say there are three possible outcomes:

1) Labcoin is a total fraud.  Let's say there's a 1% chance of this
2) The network is 1PH on November 1st and Labcoin has 0.05PH, or 5% of the network.
2) The network is 5PH on November 1st and Labcoin has 0.50PH, or 1% of the network.

And there is an equal likelihood of both 1 and 2, 49.5%.

Then what you do is calculate the expected value in each scenario and multiply it by the probability.  In possibility 1, the value is 0%.  In the other scenarios you assign a value to a network %. If we're going by the current ASICMiner valuation of 2.1 for 5% of the network (basing it off of with blockchain's estimate over the past 4 days) and 400k vs 10 million shares you get:

400k shares/10m shares * 2.1/5 = 0.0168 as an expected share price @ 1% of the network.
400k shares/10m shares * 2.1    = 0.084 as an expected share price @ 5% of the network.

Now, you multiply both those values by 0.49 and add to get 0.049BTC as the 'expected' share price with the given the above probability distribution.

But, obviously there are more possibilities then that.  To do a real analysis you'd need to take the probability distribution function of the network hashrate, the probability distribution of the likely hashrate and then take the double integral in order to integrate over the the 'surface' of that 2d vector space to find the expected value of Labcoin on November 1st.

But that's assuming that "the market" will consider Labcoin to be capable of keeping (at least) it's share of the market as good as they currently think ASICminer will.  We know the network will continue to grow and now we know that Labcoin plans on having about 0.2-0.3PH online by the end of the year.  But guessing the hashrate in January is even more difficult then guessing the hashrate in November.

So, it is really difficult to guess the price. And of course Labcoin won't have the 'history' of ASICMiner for another year or so in terms of being able to keep up with network growth, so it likely won't be priced as high (But, the price of ASICMiner is dropping as well)
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
As we already stated, chip documentation isn't ready yet for public distribution.
You are gonna start mining in less than 1 week and you can not give us any info about your
chips. You can not be serious?

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.
You are gonna start mining very soon and no you can not provide any real evidence. Seriously by now i would hope you
would have prototype running and would show us evidence.

I agree. Still no real proof they have developed anything, besides that chip, that could be anything.

Why would the people who have the necessary knowledge to produce the chip documentation need to actually produce that documentation in order to start mining? The documentation is mainly for third party developers producing their own boards to run LC's chips.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
As we already stated, chip documentation isn't ready yet for public distribution.
You are gonna start mining in less than 1 week and you can not give us any info about your

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.
You are gonna start mining very soon and no you can not provide any real evidence. Seriously by now i would hope you

I agree. Still no real proof they have developed anything, besides that chip, that could be anything.

You're right, all that is rather odd AND I wouldn't even mind if they'd simply do what they said they'd do. They were going to lock up founder shares and offer proof they'd done so, but did not do this. Now we can only speculate on whether management still has any skin in the game or not.

I'm not selling, but I won't buy more till they start communicating and doing what they say they'll do. Vague promises about future hashes and a photo op at some future date only go so far.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Activity: 420

No, that's not 'reasonable'.

Possible, yes. 

But not a reasonable conclusion given what we've seen so far.

Activity: 252
Thank you, N_S  Smiley

Let's see where this goes!
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
You're using one month to estimate an APR figure??? On a market where diff rises at an exponential rate?

You're the one picking November and that ridiculous 5-6PH number. LC will already have been mining for months by then.
And yes, I can calculate an APR value for the given profit of a given timeframe.

Let's have some chips working first, since their big value is on getting hardware running sooner than later.

Since they are planning to start mining within 5 days, they have working chips already.

I've made no claim to any "ridiculous 5-6PH number". My replies were following Ytterbium's post. Next time, check your facts better. Roll Eyes

I think most of the risk comes from the possibility the companies are just fake, or not going to do what they say they're going to do.  Any contrary evidence should boost the price.

But other then that, most of the 'scheduled events' should already be priced in.  Emphasis on should. The problem is these markets are tiny and full of n00bs.

I still think LC is the better deal in the short term, they may make more profit off their 50Th/s in October then ActM will off however much it's planning on making in November. We'll probably see up to 5-6Ph come online in November with Cointerra and HashFast.  Plus however much comes online from KnC machines in October.

And in order to compete, ActM is going to need a lot of capital for things like PCBs, etc. 10 chips per board is 250Gh/s per board.  You'd need 4,000 boards to get 1TH. Not a minor undertaking.

When you're thinking about how to invest your money, it's a good idea to look at the 'worst reasonable case'.  I don't know for sure that we'll see 5-6PH.  But I definitely expect to see some number of PH before the end of November with HashFast, Cointerra, and all the other companies cranking out ASICs.

And the most important part, they are reporting no major obstacles to hitting their deadlines.

N_S
Ahh, could you link me?

Here ya go:

We will start distribution to third parties when hashing power deployed will meet the goals we have set. This is our top priority right now.
We want to mention that we have received interview requests from several well know parties, CNN and Bloomberg being the most prominent  and late progress with our 65nm design lead us to believe we will deploy 200-300 TH within 2013.  

And:

TheSwede75 is now online, for the record.
Edit: and gone.

Uhh so? Labcoin gave updates yesterday  Wink

Ahh, could you link me?
Activity: 266

Uhh so? Labcoin gave updates yesterday  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
We will start distribution to third parties when hashing power deployed will meet the goals we have set. This is our top priority right now.
We want to mention that we have received interview requests from several well know parties, CNN and Bloomberg being the most prominent  and late progress with our 65nm design lead us to believe we will deploy 200-300 TH within 2013.  

What percentage of the network would 200-300TH be within the estimated 5-6 PH network difficulty? Where are the mathematicians who can tell us what the projected dividends
bye bye .0032
Where do you think the share price will land?

.004 - .005 once the 3-4TH is up

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Big dump. Labcoin liquidating shares before the 10th?

1/10.  Lacks any originality.  Would not panic.

OK, so a week until hashing starts and the vague updates have you convinced that everything is A-OK?
Will you alert us when it is time to panic?

The "vague updates" have said everything is on track.

If that's cause for you to panic, well...

Maybe you're just not cut out to make decisions for yourself.

Activity: 392
I've made no claim to any "ridiculous 5-6PH number". My replies were following Ytterbium's post. Next time, check your facts better. Roll Eyes

I think most of the risk comes from the possibility the companies are just fake, or not going to do what they say they're going to do.  Any contrary evidence should boost the price.

But other then that, most of the 'scheduled events' should already be priced in.  Emphasis on should. The problem is these markets are tiny and full of n00bs.

I still think LC is the better deal in the short term, they may make more profit off their 50Th/s in October then ActM will off however much it's planning on making in November. We'll probably see up to 5-6Ph come online in November with Cointerra and HashFast.  Plus however much comes online from KnC machines in October.

And in order to compete, ActM is going to need a lot of capital for things like PCBs, etc. 10 chips per board is 250Gh/s per board.  You'd need 4,000 boards to get 1TH. Not a minor undertaking.

I didn't say you "made claim" to that number, whatever that means. But you picked it for your argument, as a means of spreading FUD against LC.
I retorted, and I am right, which I see confirmed by your lack of actual response and drifting off into semantics.
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
You're using one month to estimate an APR figure??? On a market where diff rises at an exponential rate?

You're the one picking November and that ridiculous 5-6PH number. LC will already have been mining for months by then.
And yes, I can calculate an APR value for the given profit of a given timeframe.

Let's have some chips working first, since their big value is on getting hardware running sooner than later.

Since they are planning to start mining within 5 days, they have working chips already.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
First day after retarget, 25% difficulty increase already?

Luck.
Activity: 224
First day after retarget, 25% difficulty increase already?
Jump to: