Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 647. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Oh really, where has this been confirmed that the chips are indeed working?

I'm sure you didn't miss the news today.

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.

When that is said just a few days before mining is supposed to start, it either means the chips are working, or LC is lying.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Since they are planning to start mining within 5 days, they have working chips already.

Oh really, where has this been confirmed that the chips are indeed working?
You're using one month to estimate an APR figure??? On a market where diff rises at an exponential rate?

You're the one picking November and that ridiculous 5-6PH number. LC will already have been mining for months by then.
And yes, I can calculate an APR value for the given profit of a given timeframe.

Let's have some chips working first, since their big value is on getting hardware running sooner than later.

Since they are planning to start mining within 5 days, they have working chips already.
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
If there's 5-6PH online in November and Labcoin effectively gets 50TH online, that's ~0.9% of the total network hashrate, earning around BTC1000 per month.

If that ridiculous 5-6PH figure will really come true by November (it won't), those 1000 btc per month will still give a 30% APR for LC shares at current price.
And that is if they really only have the 50TH and have no hardware sales. They actually plan on getting 200-300TH and will obviously also have a lot of hardware sales...
I don't even know what point you're trying to make. That making 1000BTC per month in a fucking 6PH network is too little?

You're using one month to estimate an APR figure??? On a market where diff rises at an exponential rate?

Let's have some chips working first, since their big value is on getting hardware running sooner than later.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If there's 5-6PH online in November and Labcoin effectively gets 50TH online, that's ~0.9% of the total network hashrate, earning around BTC1000 per month.

If that ridiculous 5-6PH figure will really come true by November (it won't), those 1000 btc per month will still give a 30% APR for LC shares at current price.
And that is if they really only have the 50TH and have no hardware sales. They actually plan on getting 200-300TH and will obviously also have a lot of hardware sales...
I don't even know what point you're trying to make. That making 1000BTC per month in a fucking 6PH network is too little?

Still, I've always through Labcoin needs to be a lot more aggressive in getting Hashpower online.  BTCGarden is planning on 1.5Th/s by November, but they need to raise money to deploy (thus their canceled IPO)

Activity: 434
You need 62.5 chips to get 1TH. On 256GH/s boards (16 chips@16GH/s), that's 4 boards for 1.024TH.

He probably meant you need 4000 boards for 1 PH...

Yeah, meant one PH, obviously.

As we already stated, chip documentation isn't ready yet for public distribution.
We will start distribution to third parties when hashing power deployed will meet the goals we have set. This is our top priority right now.
We want to mention that we have received interview requests from several well know parties, CNN and Bloomberg being the most prominent  and late progress with our 65nm design lead us to believe we will deploy 200-300 TH within 2013.  

Obviously they've offered almost nothing by way of proof thus far, but that can be said about a few companies.
N_S

Whoa, 5-6PH in November? Is that remotely realistic? I've heard figures like 3-4PH by the years end...
Vbs
You need 62.5 chips to get 1TH. On 256GH/s boards (16 chips@16GH/s), that's 4 boards for 1.024TH.

Vbs
I think most of the risk comes from the possibility the companies are just fake, or not going to do what they say they're going to do.  Any contrary evidence should boost the price.

But other then that, most of the 'scheduled events' should already be priced in.  Emphasis on should. The problem is these markets are tiny and full of n00bs.

I still think LC is the better deal in the short term, they may make more profit off their 50Th/s in October then ActM will off however much it's planning on making in November. We'll probably see up to 5-6Ph come online in November with Cointerra and HashFast.  Plus however much comes online from KnC machines in October.

And in order to compete, ActM is going to need a lot of capital for things like PCBs, etc. 10 chips per board is 250Gh/s per board.  You'd need 4,000 boards to get 1TH. Not a minor undertaking.

Activity: 420
I think most of the risk comes from the possibility the companies are just fake, or not going to do what they say they're going to do.  Any contrary evidence should boost the price.

But other then that, most of the 'scheduled events' should already be priced in.  Emphasis on should. The problem is these markets are tiny and full of n00bs.

I still think LC is the better deal in the short term, they may make more profit off their 50Th/s in October then ActM will off however much it's planning on making in November. We'll probably see up to 5-6Ph come online in November with Cointerra and HashFast.  Plus however much comes online from KnC machines in October.

And in order to compete, ActM is going to need a lot of capital for things like PCBs, etc. 10 chips per board is 250Gh/s per board.  You'd need 4,000 boards to get 1TH. Not a minor undertaking.

I'm now reasonably certain neither ActM or LC is fake, but there's still a good chance either or both of them are in over their heads.  That's the risk that should be priced in now.  That, and time preference.

And in order to compete, ActM is going to need a lot of capital for things like PCBs, etc. 10 chips per board is 250Gh/s per board.  You'd need 4,000 boards to get 1PH. Not a minor undertaking.

EDIT: (had originally typed 1TH, not 1PH)
Activity: 420

The average "investor" in these stocks is an idiot. 

A baby and his candy are soon parted.
N_S
I don't think their current price will be sustainable until end of November.

I've been surprised before, but I agree.
N_S
I sold just about my entire position in ACTM.. I like the company but I dont want my btc's tied up for 3 months.  I'll invest again when the time comes.

I think this is about as good of a strategy as one could have at this point.
Haha look at their share price doubling, even though nothing actually happened Roll Eyes

And now it drags on over the whole september, then the whole october, and then most of november...

I sold just about my entire position in ACTM.. I like the company but I dont want my btc's tied up for 3 months.  I'll invest again when the time comes.

Did the same for the same reason a few weeks ago.
Guess I should have waited till the news release, but oh well... couldn't have made such good profit in LC then Smiley

I still expect that when LC starts mining, a lot will flock over from ActM. I don't think their current price will be sustainable until end of November.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Haha look at their share price doubling, even though nothing actually happened Roll Eyes

And now it drags on over the whole september, then the whole october, and then most of november...

ACTM are doing things right but people buying ACTM @ this price don't realize that this "news" is not for now but for.. 3 months like you said. I'm out from ACTM too now xD
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

Jump to: