Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 738. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Anyone who is not bullish with LC is going to regret it.  I will quote these posts in September when we are between .0056 and .01 to say "I told you so".  Until then, have fun.
Hardware or mining , it doesn't matter.. in the end its all about annual profit %.  Doesn't matter how you get that profit..

Yeah, I get that.  I was responding to physalis:

If we get 6 TH online, we have about ~10% of what ASICMINER has. Now go calculate what a Labcoin share is worth if it's worth 10% of ASICMINER.
That would be over 0.01, triple what it is now.
Trust me, if they start hashing, there is a lot of room to go up.

I'm pointing out that he isn't accounting for hardware sells.
Well, LC plans on doing hardware sales the same way. So if I'm calculating with "we're going to get at least 1/10th as big as AM", I account for that too.
5TH/S would be about 38BTC/day

(38 BTC / 10,000,000) * 7 = .0000266 BTC/share every week

.0000266 x 52 every year is .0014BTC

Now assuming a 25% APR as AM has shown us ( NOT assuming we will actually see this over a year, it's simply used to calculate present value) , that puts the share value at .0056

Expect .0056 to be the "BASE" share price before further development anticipation and speculation becomes a factor.  Anywhere between .0056 and .01 is likely in the short term.

VE, this calculation doesn't account for any increase in difficulty... You of all people know better than to discount any rise in network difficulty...

( NOT assuming we will actually see this over a year, it's simply used to calculate present value)

There was a reason I said this.  I was directly relating PRESENT APR % to share price value, as that is how AM share price is currently set at.. REAL APR% could be WAY lower.  As far as determining share price value, AM has reflected a 25% PRESENT APR, not a 25% REAL APR.  So we relate this to labcoin share price valuation
Activity: 258
You can trust me, I have an avatar
$180?  I wipe my ass with $180...  Cheesy  That's practically nothing.

It'll be hilarious if the news turns out bad, such as the chips don't work or are delayed, or if the news doesn't come at all, such as Swede being the PR.

A) You will shit yourself
B) You won't have any money left to clean that up

Still, amazing company, and nothing ventured nothing gained  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Now assuming a 25% APR as AM has shown us ( NOT assuming we will actually see this over a year, it's simply used to calculate present value) , that puts the share value at .0056

Expect .0056 to be the "BASE" share price before further development anticipation and speculation becomes a factor.  Anywhere between .0056 and .01 is likely in the short term.

VE, this calculation doesn't account for any increase in difficulty... You of all people know better than to discount any rise in network difficulty...
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Hardware or mining , it doesn't matter.. in the end its all about annual profit %.  Doesn't matter how you get that profit..

Yeah, I get that.  I was responding to physalis:

If we get 6 TH online, we have about ~10% of what ASICMINER has. Now go calculate what a Labcoin share is worth if it's worth 10% of ASICMINER.

I'm pointing out that he isn't accounting for hardware sells.
As time goes on, APR % goes DOWN.  History on BTCT has shown that very clearly.. 
People are more likely to trust their investments as BTCT and Bitcoin grows.

25% apr was only achievable because there weren't any other options. It's more realistic to plan on 50% (.0027).

Time = trust.  What, you say?  Let me explain..
The longer an exchange is around, the longer a service is around, and the longer a currency is around, the more trust INCREASES.
25% APR was based on a risky industry until now.  Hell, it used to be at 50%.  We are likely to see people pushing the share prices to a LESSER APR % because their perception of eliminated risk is getting GREATER with time.

Say I was a loan shark.  Should I charge more interest to you if I have been around for only 1 year, compared to someone who has been around for 10?  Obviously as trust has been snowballing for 10 years, you would expect to pay more of a premium to the more proven service.

This is why on a real stock exchange with fiat currency, a 10% APR dividend would be considered amazing.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
I am liking these numbers!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

25% apr was only achievable because there weren't any other options. It's more realistic to plan on 50% (.0027).
Activity: 231
To be fair, AM has a lot less shares.  LOL.
edit: nevermind, you saw that
Yeah that's calculated in.
LC has 25x more shares, so if AM is valued at 3 BTC/share, that would put an equally big LC @ 0.12 BTC/share.
If we reach just 10% of that: 0.012 BTC/share

I think comparisons like this are the best estimates you can make with this stock, because both AM and LC use the exact same business model.
And I believe we will go over the value of 10% of AM, because hell, why not? If everything plays out as planned, we got way better chips.
And honestly, as much as I liked the whole AM experience, I believe it was unprofessional from the ground up. AM has a big advantage by being the first in the business, but thinking it's impossible that we can reach 10% or more of what they got is probably underestimating LC's abilities.

It may not be a fair comparison.  AM currently sells a great deal of hardware on top of mining.

Yeah that's calculated in.
LC has 25x more shares, so if AM is valued at 3 BTC/share, that would put an equally big LC @ 0.12 BTC/share.
If we reach just 10% of that: 0.012 BTC/share

I think comparisons like this are the best estimates you can make with this stock, because both AM and LC use the exact same business model.
And I believe we will go over the value of 10% of AM, because hell, why not? If everything plays out as planned, we got way better chips.
And honestly, as much as I liked the whole AM experience, I believe it was unprofessional from the ground up. AM has a big advantage by being the first in the business, but thinking it's impossible that we can reach 10% or more of what they got is probably underestimating LC's abilities.
$180?  I wipe my ass with $180...  Cheesy  That's practically nothing.
If he made that everyday it would be equivalent to a $50-$60,000 salary before taxes.

But he won't, because news is coming soon and there won't be a chance to sell for a $180 gain between .0035 and .0036.  Short term gains like this only make sense without an expected jump.  I bet you were that newb.  Thank you kind sir.

Honestly not trying to spread FUD, but do you really think upcoming news is going to spike the stock?  They are going to receive MAYBE 6TH in chips, which an unknown amount has already been sold via private sales. This will translate into x (single digit) TH and mining divs measured in the satoshi's.  IMO the stock is as high as it's going to get until maybe a week before the 50TH comes online.  And even then the Network TH might be so high as to make the 50TH a joke.  Most likely we will just steadily decline for the next month.

I want Labcoin to succeed, I just don't see it spiking up from here.

No.. I will still make a real bet, but I won't buy all the way up to .004, because that would reduce my profit potential  That's what I'm saying
$180?  I wipe my ass with $180...  Cheesy  That's practically nothing.
If he made that everyday it would be equivalent to a $50-$60,000 salary before taxes.

But he won't, because news is coming soon and there won't be a chance to sell for a $180 gain between .0035 and .0036.  Short term gains like this only make sense without an expected jump.  I bet you were that newb.  Thank you kind sir.

Honestly not trying to spread FUD, but do you really think upcoming news is going to spike the stock?  They are going to receive MAYBE 6TH in chips, which an unknown amount has already been sold via private sales. This will translate into x (single digit) TH and mining divs measured in the satoshi's.  IMO the stock is as high as it's going to get until maybe a week before the 50TH comes online.  And even then the Network TH might be so high as to make the 50TH a joke.  Most likely we will just steadily decline for the next month.

I want Labcoin to succeed, I just don't see it spiking up from here.
Activity: 238
I'm interested in starting up a bet that Labcoin will rise above .004 after expected news.  Any takers?

Yeah there are takers - its called the stock market.

There are 439.952 BTC worth of takers in fact, so if you are so confident that you are willing to take bets why dont you actually do it?

Because I want the jump between .0036 and .004 to make a more significant profit.  If I buy all the way up to .004, my potential profit would be reduced, as I would even be buying shares at .0039999.

You have much to learn, asshopper.

Yep looks like bet dodged.
I'm interested in starting up a bet that Labcoin will rise above .004 after expected news.  Any takers?

There are 439.952 BTC worth of takers in fact, so if you are so confident that you are willing to take bets why dont you actually do it?

Because I want the jump between .0036 and .004 to make a more significant profit.  If I buy all the way up to .004, my potential profit would be reduced, as I would even be buying shares at .0039999.

You have much to learn, asshopper.
Activity: 238

Jump to: